Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

349 results found

1. The Multiplayer Modes seem to have a theme when you look over the options available in Categorization. Almost all of them include specific special cases for some form of Co-op or shared Split-Screen, but none for LAN Competitive.

The most obvious examples I can think of would be the GBA Link cables for local LANs such as the Sonic games, or the Ad-hoc/WiFi features of the PSP, 3DS and others where these aren't Co-op modes or Split Screen, but Linked and Competitive.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Some of the games don't get results through the API because the names used by ROM (and other game images) documenting organizations have some rules that don't apply to IGDB's main title rule.

Some of them:

If the title starts with an article, it goes to the end of the title. (Legend of Zelda, The)
    If there is a non-standard character, like slashes, quotes, etc, they are removed.
    The Japanese naming scheme uses double vowels instead of singles ones.

It would be good to have as an alternative title option something like: "Alternative title - No-Intro Naming Convention".

I'm pretty…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Apparently there was previously features for adding a custom profile pic and banner which were disabled. If that's the case it would be great to bring those back, I can't see them doing any harm. More personalisation is appreciated on sites such as these. It would also be nice to display some kind of bio in the "Overview" section (there's even space in the middle perfect for it) as well as a possible list of consoles/platforms owned.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I can confirm this is definitely in the works. When we switched to Twitch logins after the acquisition we had to terminate our own user upload feature for safety and privacy reasons. The current plan is to add the ability to sync your IGDB profile Avatar & Banners with your Twitch profile, so it would be one seamless account across both.

Adding extra to the profile itself is something we very much would like to do, some work has even already put into this. Unfortunately however this isn’t currently on our roadmap and priority list for the short term. But soon!

Thanks!

4. I have an issue when I try to UnFollow or un(Want To Play) games.

Also all games that I am 'Following' does not appear in my following list if they are not released

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was thinking about how to increase the amount of user reviews and interactivity between members and think this may be the best solution. Right now there is a section for recently reviewed games, but that doesn't seem to be showing user reviews? (Clicking on most items returns nothing, may be recently rated?) This would give more incentive to leave reviews which would appear on the front page for a short amount of time. Could be as simple as Game Cover art, reviewer name and rating, with a link to the game page, a more advanced method would be to…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be nice to add 'hardware bundles' of games to the database. With NES & SNES Classic Mini, Mega Drive Mini, Neo Geo Classic, Playstation Classic Mini, Capcom home arcade, 1Up Arcades and several other mini consoles on the market, it would be nice to integrate those as 'hardware bundles' - bundles of existing games that are bundled in one hardware release.
    it could be realised with a dedicated category like Main Game, DLC, Bundle,… or just marked as Bundle. The platform where it is released could be either specific for each release or could be one general "hardware…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    We recently discussed adding the ‘retro classic’ mini consoles on IGDB, likely as a Version to the main consoles.

While that would help having the data for the hardware itself, currently we wouldn’t be able to have a listing of game for a particular console version. Which can prove tricky for some specific edge cases, Starfox 2 comes to mind being exclusive to SNES Mini for example.

I can confirm adding to those consoles is on our backlog as an initial step, platform Bundles though would probably be a separate task.

Thanks!

7. Another release region request. Generally these will almost always be included in a general North American [NA] release, but there are rare exceptions.

God of War Saga
    (known as God of War Omega Collection in Latin America, released November 20, 2012 and released as a 3 disc bundle instead of 2)
    IGDB: https://www.igdb.com/games/god-of-war-saga
    Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War_video_game_collections#God_of_War_Saga
    Wikia: https://godofwar.fandom.com/wiki/God_of_War_Saga#God_of_War_Omega_Collection

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, custom lists seem to only show up on Desktop and fail to be listed on the mobile versions.
    Is that something you can fix/add?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi can you Please Add Pubg Mobile LITE Because i & most of the streamers want to stream pubg mobile lite on your platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would help with searching for specific kinds of games and I'll make sure to help with sorting games into these categories since I've made my own sites about such games.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When adding a comment to a game in a custom list – and that's all you do when editing the list – and then save the list, the comment will not be displayed until the list gets a game added/removed.

EDIT: Needs more testing to pinpoint if it is consistent or just a cache coincidence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I want to send link to my Rated list, so that my friends would be able to see what games I like the most. It would be handy if it would be possible to send the link to the list, where everything is sorted from highest score to the lowest score. Currently, when I send the link, games are sorted by the date I rated them, no matter how I sort before copying the link

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. hi, thank you for the amazing database.
    Im new to igdb and I don't know if this suggestion has been asked before but ...
    Have you guys ever considered adding store deal to this database?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, there are ratings displayed in "Rated" list (https://www.igdb.com/users/<username>/lists/rated). However, they are written in too small font. Originally I wanted to suggest to display ratings, because I didn't notice them at all. The main thing someone would go to this list is to see what ratings user gave to certain games. So, it would be better if those ratings were displayed in bigger font and maybe not in grey color.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! yes that’s a good point. The automated lists (Want/Playing/Played/Rated/Reviewed) are all very old and in need of a big revamp.
    Displaying the rating with our star rating for example would be indeed better suited than a grey number.

While Lists feature upgrade is definitely something we want to do, it’s not currently in our short term roadmap unfortunately. We’ll keep the community in the loop as soon as we tackle that!

Thanks!

15. Something that can become rather repetitive and even prevent users from adding all the Add-ons for a given title is repetitively entering the same data points over and over.

It would be extremely helpful if you set an entry to be an Addon, Expansion, Version or other relevant entry to copy all data relevant data from the original title.

Such as:
    - Categorization fields
    - Company fields
    - Websites
    - Engine
    - Age Ratings

Ex. LittleBigPlanet

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Excellent suggestion, in fact we have something very similar in our Backlog already, with a ‘inherit data from parent’ feature.

It’s just at an idea stage for now, but we’ll look into planning in in accordance with our roadmap as soon as possible.
    Cheers!

16. A rating breakdown for your own scores, it could be the same rating breakdown as seen on game pages.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Creat lists that you can share with others.
    For example “list of all new e3 games”

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create game lists by importing what you own from platforms like steam

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Get an email whenever a game you want is released or the release date changes.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. By showing the version title, it would be easier to know which version is which for games with the same name in different versions. It could be shown in front of the release date.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?