Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

349 results found

1. I feel like there should be a general category for certain series. Such as Zelda, Mario, Megaman, RE, Digimon all under one catergory instead of individual games(unless they are a new). IGDB already implements this under what they call "Collections."

What do you think? People who play older titles but are a part of said series' community would be more in their line of audience. It's better than having them spread out in random places like Retro or Just Chatting. So instead of having massive communities around certain games, whether they are thriving or dying, you can have a continuous…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great if your database had a link to live stream channels for the game.

For example GTA V could point you to these links.

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Grand%20Theft%20Auto%20V

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOquqcRMJmURiGfEnaitptg

https://www.facebook.com/gaming/game/grandtheftautov

Not sure if there are other similar sites... But also if you add this please open it up to the API as well!

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to contribute to the community by adding qualified category images from IGDB to Twitch. Particularly for the games Dead or Alive 2 and Dead or Alive 3.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To build up our personal libraries on IGDB, we wouldn't have to manually search for and add each game. We could simply connect our IGDB accounts to our accounts on all of those services, and IGDB would automatically populate our libraries with the games that exist in our libraries on each of those retailers. Steam, for example, has a 'sign in with Steam' function that IGDB could implement, and we could use it to connect our IGDB accounts to our Steam accounts. Other game retailers have similar functions; that's how GOG Galaxy 2.0's integrations work.
    This way, in IGDB I'd…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Self-explanatory.

Additional keywords: abandoned, shelved, paused

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A user wanted to sort the release dates of platform versions by date and get the name of the version. But could not since platform-version-release-dates field platform_version is missing.

Example query:

https://api.igdb.com/v4/platform_version_release_dates

fields *, platform_version.name; sort date desc; limit 500;

Expected: A sorted list of platform version release dates and the name of the platform version name

Actual: A sorted list of platform version release dates without the platform version data.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Previously, I had been able to submit coverart for games on Twitch via a form located on the Twitch support website. This was a critical feature of Twitch to ensure that smaller and/or older games on the Twitch platform wouldn't be left with incorrect or generic artwork. However, as of late, my submissions of coverart via the form have gone unanswered, and the link to the form has been removed from Twitch's support site as well.

For context, the form is located here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeHi3k8F8Vmu_uayd-ynHWh0fZ8O5FkAc3Smp4lJrj6r-I5eg/viewform

And it was referenced on this support page: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/adding-a-game-and-box-art-to-the-directory?language=en_US

In the past, similar issues have occurred…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow a link to a theme song (or theme songs) for a game. For example a direct link to a song.

download link: http://gamethemesongs.com/song/download/12052
    page link: http://gamethemesongs.com/Goldeneye_007_-_N64.html

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! This could indeed be interesting, however there’s a lot of possible legal investigation to look into when it comes to music copyrights.

In the short term it’s hard to say how we could approach this. Long term we of course would love to expand our data and game info with music, sounds like an obvious fit!

9. As I was in the process of adding a game to the database, I was shown a list of fields into which I could enter URLs to that game's pages on various stores (Steam, GOG, Epic, etc.) but there was no URL field for the Microsoft Store. Why? The Microsoft Store has to be one of the most popular digital game sources. When IGDB adds a field for a Microsoft Store URL, I will edit the game's entry on IGDB to add a link to that game's Microsoft Store page.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya! Thanks for the suggestion, definitely a good one.

As a matter of fact we have plans this year to introduce stores, and possibly linking them to “Platforms”. You are correct that windows, XOne, X360 etc.. all have different stores so they would need separate implementation.

Stay tuned!

10. Do it by using both:

Content filtering (content-based filtering): a user rates games and/or adds games to their personal library or lists, and then is shown stuff that has similar metadata to the games that that user has rated highly and/or added to their library. For example, games within the same genres, games from the same developers, games released in the same year, etc.

Collaborative filtering (user-library-based filtering): a user rates games and/or adds games to their personal library, and then is shown stuff that other users who highly rated those same games and/or have those same games in their…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add information about if a game is on/included in a subscription service.

Such as gamepass or stadia (included with the stadia sub)

And if a removal date exists (as games will leave gamepass)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When sorting an API request on e.g. totalratingcount descending, I'd expect the highest numbers to be at the start, and games with no ratings to be at the bottom. This is currently not the case, where games with no ratings (null) are at the start. This essentially makes the sorting function broken. Please treat null as zero in the API so that these games appear at the bottom of the response as expected.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Something fairly simple: a "clear all notifications" button on the "Your Notifications" page. I do a lot of editing at once, so it's a bit annoying to have to remove each notification one at a time when I'm bombed with "your change has been approved" messages. Maybe a similar thing for the notification bell button up top as well?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Just like itch.io, there are lots of games are available on gamejolt.com. So, please add this feature where I can add Gamejolt link as a store. Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think one of the sections that need the most contribution, especially in terms of time, is the credits. Having to type each name and title into the given boxes takes quite a lot of time and can be a deterrent.

Since for most games the information is already out there, being able to copy and paste the information into a standard format (maybe word, excel etc.) and then import that into IGDB would really help.

Also, being able to edit them even after the changes have been accepted so people can add different languages/voice actors.

Might also be worth…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Some lesser played games don't have an icon, a streamer should be able to submit an icon to Twitch after streaming the game for a certain amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!
    By icons, do you mean the (game) box arts/covers?

If so, we have plans to improve coverage of those on Twitch via IGDB covers, but also eventually help streamers and viewers add to those on IGDB.

Thanks!

18. Be able to view the cover picture of a game title hovered in the search list when editing a custom list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I haven't received any new screenshots since Nov 16th via webhook. I am still receiving other models such as games, covers, etc. so I'm guessing this might be specific to the screenshot endpoint.

I also don't believe this is on my side since I refresh my webhooks daily and have verified the setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pages 1, 2, and 3 of rated games, sorted by rating, does not show all of the games. Games of the same rating seem to be mixed up, and not using a second sorting column like game name to determine which should show on subsequent pages. This may be broken in the API as well, but I have not confirmed.

https://www.igdb.com/users/wrabies/lists/rated?page=1&target=listentries&user_rating=desc
    https://www.igdb.com/users/wrabies/lists/rated?page=2&target=listentries&user_rating=desc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?