Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. Add an owned/collected button and list like the currently existing playing, played and want buttons but for games that the user owns but has not played yet

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On game pages we have "follow" button, would be nice to have same button for companies/publishers, to receive info about upcoming games/releases.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, there’s some good opportunity there indeed.

We have plans (and needs) to redo how we handle companies, but we also need to rethink how Follows are handled. Right now even follows on game page are underused in terms of potential.

Definitely to be put in consideration when we revisit Companies. Thanks!

3. I would like to get suggestions based on what my friends are currently playing. Just a section that says what my friends are playing, not the whole discover thing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. https://api.igdb.com/v4/age_rating_content_descriptions has some unkown category enums like 58 and 50 for the ids, 13505 and 13506

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  API Bug Report  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Just a button on IGDB to go to a random game in the database. Maybe you can set a date frame or different filters to it but in general a button to show a random game would be awesome.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

This is a good suggestion thank you! This has been discussed a couple of times in the past. We can’t promise any ETA on such a feature but it would be interesting to investigate.

Our main concerns so far would be what can be included is random: should it have filters, should it be games on all platforms or only selected ones, all age ratings etc..

If you have more ideas or specifics that always helps, we’ll leave this ticket open meanwhile!
    Thank you!

6. Hi,
    when I check my own channel on Twitch, I like to see the colouredful section name something like "Recently broadcast categories" (in Italian "Categorie trasmesse di recente), with all Game Covers from recently streamed games/categories.

Anyway, seeing I bring lot of indie (expecially less less known ones) I often find they have no Game Cover at all related to their category. And they show and ugly grey empty cover box.

But most of them actually can show a Game Cover on IGDB... or if they don't, well I often upload a cover by myself, if I can.

The fact…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!
    Thanks for reaching out. This has been an ongoing request, and an obvious fit for IGDB and Twitch.

A separate team within Twitch has this planned. We (IGDB) do have covers as a high data priority and are indeed ready to power Twitch with those covers :)

Stay tuned for future Twitch announcements :)

7. Adding filter options to lists would be great. For example, if I want to filter a list to check only a specific genre, series or franchise, for example.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can you please add a posibillity to see in the database somehow visually games that you marked as "completed, voted, or played''

Its gonna help to look trough games that you haven't tried yet.

So - i go to the database, see all the games, but the games i completed i can se marked as 'completed' or somehow else - different color, or badged.

i think a lot of people would appreciate it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Good suggestion thank you!
    that sounds like it would be a good fit for a List feature improvement indeed.
    Keeping that one in mind! Thanks!

9. right now you can see games in a specific month or a specific year. But you can't search by a exact day regardless what year, like today in history in mobygames https://www.mobygames.com/stats/this-day. I think you have all the data, just need add some buttons. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you click on the personalize button on the home page, there is no Playstation 5 or Xbox Series XS options there. It should be there?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Yes that is absolutely correct the new gen platform should be there.
    We’ll take a look into that, thank you for pointing it out!

11. Is it possible to add Metacritic, PC Gamer and IGN review scores to every game?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Game of Blocks is a PvP board game built on the blockchain. The game involves playing with other players and conquer its land. Players can win lands with their engagement in the game.
    We have 10+ streamers up to 300k followered on twitch who are going to stream around the game in March 2022. Could you please add a game category for it?
    We’d love viewers to easily discover around the game after the stream which is also for the best of the content creators’ efforts.
    Here’s the game website:https://www.gameofblocks.io/
    Here’s the game twitter:https://twitter.com/game_of_blocks
    Sorry that it’s urgent,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I was trying to add credits for a game I developed myself, but we have no youtube video showing the credits. I think there should be another method of verification for entered credits e.g. websites or some kind of verification of the credibility of the editor.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

Our end credits is one of the oldest feature we have on the site and indeed could use some additional improvements.
    Unfortunately this isn’t currently planned to revisit it in the short term.

We do however intend to explore ways to differentiate game developers from regular users which could also help such use cases.

Thanks!

14. Hello

I noticed that there are so many Minecraft categories but none from the Minecraft Bedrock edition.

In general, this is my suggestion. An extra category for the Minecraft Bedrock edition. I'm from the Minecraft Bedfrock edition scene and because there is no category for which many of my colleagues stream Minecraft Bedrock edition only on YouTube and not on Twitch. It is even often said that the Minecraft Bedrock edition would not be wanted on Twitch and something like that. And I think something should change so that another community can find its place on Twitch.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Seeing as though Roblox is starting to be a sort of platform for games as opposed to being just a game itself, I think it would make sense to categorize games that run under Roblox (such as Bad Business, Phantom Forces, etc.) separately from Roblox itself. This is purely for game-tracking purposes in game-tracking services that use IGDB as their database.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Besides the confusion with genres and themes (and things being really blanket), it would be great if people upvote or downvote genres to video games instead of how it is currently, where users can add whatever genres/tags they want with moderation, which leads to Steam/IGDB tags that don't really help for having users find similar games.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There is a variety of arcade games on IGDB, but there is no differentiation between the different arcade hardware. For example, Chunithm and maimai Finale are both on IGDB under the platform of simply "Arcade", despite Chunithm running on the Sega Nu 1.1 board, while maimai Finale runs on the Sega RingEdge 2.

While there are a lot of platforms that would have to be added should this change be made, I do believe that this change follows the mission of IGDB, as the website strives to be a collection of all relevant information for a game, and there are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's an interesting data point and it might be worth having in the future. However, before adding more in-depth data we want to update our platform page and make sure that the data structure is solid. After that we think it would be worth looking into additional Arcade platforms and differences as well. Thanks!

19. Heya, When I logged in to IGDB with Twitch just now (first time user), I was redirected to id.twitch.tv, which is 404ing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The TI-84 Graphing calculator can play certain video games and some made exclusive for it. I don't see why it couldn't be on IGDB.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?