Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

348 results found

1. The following platforms currently have no presence on IGDB, it would be good to see more comprehensive coverage of these older, more obscure systems:

-Adventure Vision
    -Sega Beena
    -Creativision
    -Nintendo e-Reader
    -Hartung Game Master
    -GP32
    -Leap Pad
    -Konami Picno
    -Pocket Challenge V2
    -Pocket Challenge W
    -Casio PV1000
    -Studio II
    -Fukutake Publishing Study Box
    -Sufami Turbo
    -Super Acan
    -VideoPac Plus G7400
    -Visicom

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The popular category 'Games + Demo's' currently has missing cover art.

I reached out to the IGDB team and they said "As these specific categories are directly handled by Twitch and generally handled internally, it would best be submitted to their UserVoice" with that being said, I would like to submit a piece of Cover Art for approval for the category.

As I can't attach a photo, here are my two submissions (I prefer option 2):

1) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBw7CcibkAA7a85?format=jpg&name=small (Alternative link: https://imgur.com/Fl9OeNW)

2) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GBw7DBkb0AA9C7o?format=jpg&name=small
    (Alternative link: https://imgur.com/Ks5naZL)

Thank you,

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. PICO-8 is a Fantasy Console used to play and create games. I feel like this should be added to the categories as this will be my main source when streaming. I think it would be awesome if you guys could add this so I can select this as my category for streaming.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The game is already duly registered with the IGDB, but when I contacted them via email, I was informed that this problem would be resolved here and that the game would be able to be an option, a category of choice for streamers.

gamewebsite: https://arkaikonline.com/

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. One of the things that really confuses me about IGDB is that I often have interactions with IGDB admins that make me wonder if they know Twitch isn't paying me to work for IGDB.

IGDB admins have repeatedly been very snappy with me when I make several contributions to the database, and have gone out of their way to make it obvious how annoyed they are with me. So let me spell it out louder for the people in the back,

You are the ones who are being paid. I'm taking my free time to submit information to make this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As I make changes to entries on existing titles in the database, the Karma Hunters Contributions listing focuses on entries that are Missing Covers or box art entirely. This omits entries that have been uploaded from Steam that display in 600x900 and do not adhere to the 3:4 ratio that would display in the Twitch category. It would be great to see a global breakdown of those that are in error so they can be addressed by the community.

https://www.igdb.com/karma_hunters

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I find it a bit disappointing that IGDB does not allow users to change their username, display name, and profile picture unlike over on Twitch. While such features might not seem important for a database site, adding such would benefit users who may not be comfortable continuing to use an identity they no longer go by. Providing such features, even in the form of just resyncing a user's Twitch account with their updated information, would also allow users to keep their karma score instead of having to start from scratch by making a whole separate account just to use a…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. In IGDB listings, Japanese kana are romanized and kanjis are displayed as Chinese readings.

Example: 今年終了したゲーム (means games finished this year)
    URL: igdb.com/users/[username]/lists/jin-nian-zhong-liao-sitagemu
    (Japanese readings: kotoshi-shyuuryou-shitagemu)

If Japanese list names are to be romanized, the kanji should also be romanized. Actually, I could not think of any advantage of romanizing Japanese list names. Why couldn't we just generate a random code?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Lists  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When using the "games" endpoint w/ the python igdb-api-v4 wrapper, the query used to get the age ratings covers (ESRB, PEGI, etc) should be "ageratings.ratingcover_url" but it never succeeds in providing the cover url, but it also never returns an error saying the information isn't available or that the query was structured wrong.

Here's my full example I'm using (so far) that doesn't produce a result:

# This is in python3
    wrapper.api_request(
            "games",
            'search "'
            + game_name
            + """\";
            f id, name, first_release_date, age_ratings.rating_cover_url, cover.url, platforms.name;
            limit 20; 
            where first_release_date != null;
            """

All the other "data.thing"s work…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In "Your Changes/Contributions", if you have re-edited the same entry multiple times, be it for corrections or to add additional data prior to Approval, you will see multiple posts for the same entry. This can overload the page with alot of duplicates that don't really change points from each or vary the points awards after Approval.

It would probably be more appropriate if these duplicates were just merged into a single entry.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add Dota 1 as separate category, as presented here:
    https://www.igdb.com/games/defense-of-the-ancients

Currently streamers are forced to use Warcraft III as game even though they are playing strictly Dota.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi!

Unfortunately Twitch does not ingest MODs as streaming categories, and from a categorisation point of view that is nonetheless correct for us on IGDB: Dota 1 is indeed a MOD of Warcraft 3.

What we'd recommend is to reach out to Twitch Support directly for the creation of a bespoke category, they are able to do override on certain categories. 

Alternatively you may ask here directly for a new category to be created: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310210-discover?category_id=367945 

Hope this helps!

12. Currently it is possible to add a status to each game entry of the database, which doesn't make sense sometimes: it should be possible to select which "version" of the game the user own and, separately, the status of the game.

I might own a specific "edition" of a game (e.g. deluxe, collector, goty, etc...) but I am not playing the specific edition, I'm playing the game which is the same regardless the edition I own.
    Similar thing happens (especially) with bundles, as I own a bundle but I might (probably) have different status for each game of the bundle.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice to distinguish between spin-offs and reboot.
    Just saw the "new" Tomb Raiders are under the series "Tomb Raider: Survivor" instead of the original Tomb Raider, which make sense; what doesn't make sense is that this series is tagged as a spin-off of the original, while it is actually a reboot of the Tomb Raider series.

Imho, spin-offs is are series like Mana or Kingdom Hearts for Final Fantasy series, or standalone titles like Dirge of Cerberus for Final Fantasy VII.
    Which leads to the need of distinguish between series spin-off/reboot and standalone spin-offs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to have the possibility to add additional information when adding a game to own lists such as:
    format (physical or digital);
    purchase date and price;
    started and finished date (multiple times for multiple playtroughs).
    But, more importantly, the possibility to track individually different versions of the game; I might have completed a game on a platform, finished on another and playing on another one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be nice to have a market value field for the games.
    When looking for a game we do not own, it would be nice to understand how much it would cost to get it.
    It's easier for newer games as they're available in stores, but for old games available only by second hand it would be nice to have an idea of the average market price (maybe looking at platforms like eBay or similar).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the information about the game achievements/trophies.
    I know there are dozen of websites doing it, but today it is to be considered a fundamental information of a game release.
    We might argue about the possibility for the users to track the obtained one, but a list of available attainments should be displayed on a game entry.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Games listed as Bundles on IGDB aren't selectable as Twitch categories, and for things like Gunvolt Striker Pack where you're either playing Gunvolt 1 or Gunvolt 2 that makes sense.

Certain Bundles feel like experiences of their own though. I've been streaming the Game & Watch Gallery series recently and its frustrating that there's no category for it, the games it bundles together are small games, so you're naturally going to be playing around the collection, but Twitch has each individual game selectable rather than the bundle as a whole. I think it would be much better to just have…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There are multiple regional languages that aren't available as options when adding new localizations for a game.

I'm Spanish, and in our country alone we have several smaller regional languages, some of which are in danger of becoming extinct - and none of them have any presence in IGDB yet.

There are several initiatives that push for those languages to be brought into the modern era and, as such, many people are doing an enormous amount of work in order to localize as many games as possible to our languages, officially or otherwise.

It would help us out a lot…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When a game has a lot of supported languages, for example https://www.igdb.com/games/cats-of-the-qing-dynasty, it cuts off the Interface options because the height of that section is set to 50vh, removing it or setting it to min-height: 50vh should fix that issue and allow people to (easily) add/remove interface languages

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The games under id 278599, 228456 and 6341 are only one game.
    It shouldn't have three page.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?