Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Ads during music streams are incredibly disruptive due to the fact that the audio is the primary focus of a music streamed. Forced ads are inherently detrimental to the quality of the stream and content. I propose that as a part of any future Ad policies that Twitch not implement forced mid-roll ads on Music streams of any kind.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Every time I log in to my account, I am greeted with a possibiltiy to manage personalized ads, and it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/8HUIhPP.png

By default, everything should be off unless I explicitly state I allow gathering my data.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. So instead of loud ads aimed at more extroverted individuals, allow or strike a deal with companies that create asmr-appropriate ads as they are becoming more commonplace. This would help all parties involved, companies can still profit, streamers won't have to feel guilty for ads that ruin the introverted experience of asmr, and viewers won't have to be rudely awakened from they meditative state with whispered or quiet-spoken ads. It's a win win win win if you are interested in that sort of thing. please and thank you ^.^

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. You're killing this platform with ads, it's unbearable, every stream I watch I see users complaining about ads constantly. The nature of live-streaming is that you must be able to consume the content uninterrupted, you're not only trying to force ads on us, you're interrupting sometimes HALF of the content being broadcasted. You can't bully everyone into subscribing to a service that doesn't care about the user experience.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Last month, I took a vacation, so I ran reruns for my community to enjoy! However, initially unknown to me, It pushed my stream hours to 119 for the month when I normally stream around 80. This also messed up my ad offer for August significantly.

In July, I was able to pick between 5, 6 and 7 minutes of ads, which is no issue for me and the way that I do things. The offer for July's ad program was very nice and was a great balance between time spent showing ads and money offered.

For August, I was…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. All Ad content should be rated G for the general public. Saw my 6 year old click on G rated creator to get an Ad for a horror movie that showed a guy getting stabbed with a knife in the neck. Please restrict these to G-Rated.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. remove ads for mods as we can have 100% conversation option if mods are not sub. then they do not have to wait for 4-6 commercials to hear what streamers say

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I discovered the existence of SDA not as an Affiliate, but as a viewer. I was surprised to see one of my favorite streamers running an inline ad - only to find out they were TOTALLY UNAWARE of the ad being run on their stream! After some investigation I discovered the existence of the SDA program. I like the program and I see a lot of potential for Twitch and its streamers to benefit from the program, but it is highly invasive to do this type of advertising without notifying streamers independently and prior to launch. I'm glad to see…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently you can only space ads AT MOST by 1 hour, but some content doesn't really lend itself well to that. The same logic applies to the initial delay just like 1 hour isn't enough, there's no way 30 minutes is enough. All this makes the manager basically unusable. Maybe an option to make the first ad shorter? I think the manager is a great idea for people like me that want to run ads but keep forgetting, but it's too rigid in its current state if your content needs to not be cut off by an ad

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. What I would like to see is people who hold multiple concurrent subscriptions, say 4 or 5 and up, to be allowed to have a site-wide advertisement-free experience.

Currently Turbo is the only option for an ad-free experience site-wide. Prime used to have it, but it was removed as a benefit for Prime (even though Prime costs more). Personally I find Turbo to be very unappealing for its cost, especially when I already have Prime which comes with most of its other perks.

I'd rather spend that money unlocking emotes in other streamer's channels as I feel it makes me…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Give us the option to completely disable ads by "paying" you for the loss through taking a bit more of the revenue.

In my channel analysis ad income is less than 2% of the overall income, but (especially) pre rolls extremely reduced channel growth - which obviously would have raised my channel income much more than thos 2% for ads.

The numbers may vary from channel to channel, which is the reason to make it optional:
    - No money loss for Twitch.
    - Every streamer can decide for themselves, which is the best option.

Thanks for reading and have a…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When a Twitch ad starts, it's really loud even at 1% volume. Until I giggle the volume slider, the current ad lower the volume. BUT when the next ad starts, the ad volume becomes really loud again!!!!!!!! Fix this please

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The newly implemented pop-up that is supposed to warn chat and the streamer of an upcoming ad only works the first time an ad is played that stream and will never ever appear again after. The feature is a good UX idea but currently does not really work properly.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'd like to have a setting that allows us to display "how many seconds later the ad will run" for an ad that's being streamed.

If the ad plays the moment I send a chat, it makes it very difficult for me to hear what the streamer has to say to me in real time.

Also, if you could turn that setting on by default on Twitch, it would make it easier for viewers to know when to send a chat, and would allow for smooth communication.

配信中の広告について、「何秒後に広告が流れるか」を表示できる設定が欲しいです。

チャットを送った瞬間に広告が流れると、ストリーマーが私に対して何かを言ってくれた場合、リアルタイムで聞き取れないため、とても困ります。

また、Twitchではデフォルトでその設定をONにしていただけると、視聴者もチャットを送るタイミングがわかりやすくなり、スムーズにコミュニケーションが取れるようになると思います。

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow streamers to opt for SDAs only, even if it makes up less profit.

For people who might not know, SDAs are banner ads.

Full screen intrusive ads have never and will never work, we've known this decades!
    * What do people watching TV do when the adbreak starts? They change the channel.
    * What do people watching Twitch do when the adbreak starts? The exact same thing!
    This is NO NEWS to anyone in the world, but it seems it's news for you, so now you know.

I don't want full screen ads EVER on my stream. Ads kill…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The first time I reported this ad (months ago when first seen) it was removed for me and it's returned, however won't go away with the report function. The constant advertisements with "suicide" are extremely off-putting and destroying my positive user experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The interrupting full-screen ads HAVE to stop. When playing JackBox Games for example, your screen is literally gone and it ruins the game. The screen doesn't always minimize and go to the top right, so you literally have no stream to see. Thirty seconds is a lot during JackBox to not see the main screen (and this is just the JackBox Games example of the experience being ruined - there is no point in going to new streamers because ads play on my favorite ones already). This is completely ruining the experience on Twitch. I understand ads need to play,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I really, really hate when these new ads change the screen size of the stream, it is incredibly intrusive. I would much prefer just a 30 second ad and then back to the stream.

If people prefer them then I disagree. I would never engage with an advertiser that so annoyingly changes my view settings.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Content obtrusive ads are bad for live form content. They work for YouTube and Television where the content can be put on a break until the advertisement is done, however for Twitch the ads will often block important content especially when first joining a stream.

1. Pre-roll ads need to use unobtrusive forms of advertisement. Since pre-roll ads are the only ads forced to run without authorization from the streamer, they are the ads that most likely will directly affect viewing content the streamer does not want you to miss. As a result these ads will discourage viewers from watching, especially…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?