Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

778 results found

1. ADS should not be on live streams, only on VODs!

From my understanding ADS on live will give you one of the following drawbacks, If an AD plays for 10 seconds:

• you will be sent back to the current moment the stream is at thus losing 10 seconds of the live stream and what happened in that meantime be it a answer to your message, some epic moment or anything in between.

• you will be 10 seconds behind with the live stream, meaning you are also 10 seconds behind interacting with the streamer

Thus I am requesting the ADs to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. my viewers noticed my ads werent playin ads it was just a blue screen that says commercial break in progress and for those streams which were 15+hrs streams i got $0 ad rev because of this and even today in a 3 hrs stream same issue so that makes like 4-5 streams in a row with $0 ad rev. this needs fixed ad rev is a big part of my revenue

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. AAAA

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I keep trying to watch ads, but it's only about 3 minutes of consecutive ads :(
    I was wondering if we could maybe push it to 5, maybe 7 minutes of nonstop advertisement!!!!!!!! I LOVE ADS!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let creators choose advertisers they feel are most relevant to their community and that align with their brand. Either from a list of advertisers on the platform or via the Amazon Affiliate program so that they could also have ads roll for specific products that they already use and promote.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Automagically embed an Amazon affiliate links in ads shown during a stream so that if someone buys a product as a result of a click through from that broadcast the broadcaster automagically receives the Amazon Affiliate commision on top of the normal ad revenue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mature content on Twitch has become the hottest of topics as of late especially when it comes to ad space and advertisers in general.

My thought being why can't we have our cake and eat it too? Why isn't there a way to have an adult side of Twitch, Twitch After Dark or something, with ads that would target the specific audiences. Obviously not advocating for full on adult films on the site but a place for the more mature streamers/viewers who want to show content/take in such content.

With the correctly targeted ads for the right age groups I'm…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'd like to see how the community reacts to this enhancement request.

Its simple. Twitch very recently started audio only ads that let you keep watching the streamer.

But, while they are playing you cannot click on anything / into options.

I request some combination of the below -

• Give us a way to navigate to the captions toggle in the settings menu while ads are playing.
    • Put a temporary captions toggle on screen while audio ads play
    • Automatically enable captions while these audio ads are playing, and disable them when they end

Dealer's choice. Come on Twitch you know…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I wanted to be constructive about my hatred for ads on this site and come up with ideas but then I realized i didnt work for twitch and thats not my job.
    It's 2024 and it's not possible that the best thing that your ad team has come up with is picture in picture ads not realizing that's terrible just as much as watching the ad entirely. I could think of so many stuff that would make the ads less disruptive but since you have a team that already does that i'm sure you can adopt better solutions. I will…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am writing to express my interest in offering advertising opportunities on Twitch in Algeria. I have noticed a lack of localized advertisements on the platform and believe there is a significant opportunity to introduce tailored advertising options for the Algerian market.I propose collaborating with companies to advertise their products and services on Twitch, targeting Algerian viewers. This initiative would not only benefit companies looking to expand their reach but also enhance the viewing experience for Algerian Twitch users.I am eager to discuss this opportunity further and explore how we can work together to bring advertising options to Twitch in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Less ads, I just had 8 ads so 3 minutes total in a stream, that's excessive and worse than YouTube

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Category not found: Mid-roll ads - Added incentive for sub-gifters. For channels that allow subscribers to ignore mid-roll ads. Send a message to current viewers/subscribers that they are entering a mid-roll ad segment. Give them an optional prompt to gift subs to any non-subs currently watching. If they gift, X amount of non subs will either; (watch current ad (1 of 7) to the end OR terminate current ad) and then be greeted with a brief screen stating that "they were (lifelined) a sub from xxxx user, send them a thanks in the chat".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hallo, vielleicht sollte man nicht bei jedem aber speziell bei Erwachsenen streams nicht die Playmobil Werbung schalten! Cool wäre auch ein wenig Abwechslung.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My idea is to NOT play that commercial for The Omen! I don't want to see it and there may be others that do not either!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is an issue where an ad will play and no audio for the ad is present- either from the following

1. The audio for the ad isn't played til the next ad starts
    2. audio doesnt play at all until the ads are over

which after either of these finish the audio to the stream is out of sync / delayed to the point that you have to refresh the stream. Guess what happens next..

1. Rewatch the same ads you just watched just before the issue happened
    2. Watch new ads that make the audio for the stream de-sync again

hope you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hey, let's not randomly add an invisble <div> banner over the controls on the twitch.tv when watching a streamer forcing a reload (more ads). If a few minutes pass and we try to change the volume, an invisible banner shows up not allowing to control the volume. Most people would reload the browser which then shows another ad. Now I know Amazon is a small indie company and needs revenue, but be better.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hey, listen to this quirky idea I've got. What if Twitch let streamers toss an ad at someone instead of just timing them out? Like, imagine someone's acting up in chat, and instead of the usual timeout, the streamer hits them with an ad break. It could add a funny twist to how things are normally done and fit right in with the vibe of some Twitch streams.

Now, It might make sense to put some restrictions on the feature, so people dont overuse it, but I still find it to be a good addition if added.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like the ability to get the information from the timer or from the ad call itself to know when an ad is going to play soon, and more importantly, when an ad is going to play for sure and how long it is going to play.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It's a really simple implementation to the first part.

Put ad-free viewing back as a Prime benefit! Ever since the glut of advertisements started, I had subscribed to Amazon Prime to avoid them while still supporting my favorite streamers. I'd gladly watch ONE 20s preroll if it meant I didn't have to see a single one throughout that stream or elsewhere afterwards.

I'm not gonna add another $10 on top of my Prime subscription to get the outmoded and archaic Turbo.

If the above is too hard to implement, here's something else that would make ads slightly more bearable. KEEP…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For people with sponsorships, they can set custom ads for their sponsored product so they can play them during ad breaks to rake in extra customers at the cost of a fee depending on how often they want to play the custom ads

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?