Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

782 results found

1. Whenever I get the "ad break" purple page cover in place of an ad (which often happens when there should be no ads, hence my attempts to click on it and report the error) twitch just gives a redirect to a nonexistent "ad experience on twitch" page. What's the point of even having the screen or trying to give the impression users can do something about it if the page no longer exists and there has been no update to the redirect?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Why the **** do i watch adds about women activities and product related if i'm a man?

Shouldn´t you show adds correspondent to the gender of the person watching?

If you're doing tracking on who's watching then at least fix it so it shows the correct propaganda and if it's inaccurate or inappropriate like most of the time then give me a real way to offer feedback and if this is some ********* algorithm about forced inclusion then just give me the option to straight out block such content

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The new feature to display sponsors during stream is extremely invasive.

As show on the image on the link below:
    The logo on the player should be either not present or be able to toggle off by the viewer, it blocks content (streamer camera, text from the game, avatar).
    The banner above chat could be 10x smaller, I dont need 2 huge logos to know that the streamer i watch is being sponsored, just place a smaller banner.
    I dont understand why the STREAMER X SPONSOR profile image thing, just show a name or something.

https://imgur.com/a/A9dskUT

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Just make the ad take up the top left quarter of the stream screen but play it muted, all should matter is that we can see it, if we wanna hear it we can click it.

All forcing us to watch and listen to an ad does is make us not care about what you're advertising, period. It's like protesters blocking a road, you really think im gonna care when you're doing something like this? I will not.

Just make it so we get mostly the stream still with a small portion of the screen goign to the ad and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The most disruptive thing about adverts is loss of the audio. The video feed shrinking is much less of an issue. Consider e.g. a Stream Display Ad that shrinks the video to 25% or even less of the screen. Advertisers would know where the stream was going to be on the screen (or even get to choose) and could incorporate that into the advert (fancy border / give the streamer a thought bubble or similar)

Additionally these could be (silent) video rather than just static pictures

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Il faudrait réduire les pubs, c’est pire que sur TF1. Toutes les 10 minutes j’ai 6 pubs. Vous allez perdre des gens maintenant qu’il y a de la concurrence

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Right now, you turn on a stream, say ‘Valorant,’ and you get hit with a 3 minute advertisement. Then you can watch the streamer.

What If Twitch changes the “Advertisement” to other streamers instead? So for example, instead of being shown a 3 minutes advertisement about a food, drink, or a game. Show 3 minutes of someone else’s stream with the “Goal” of introducing “the viewer” to the possibility of discovering their new favorite streamer.

From there, the viewers begins to grow attached and subscribe or gift subscriptions as “the viewer” currently does now with their favorite group of streamers.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please do not run 21 ads during a memorial service stream. That would be awesome if we could find a way to not do that during the memorial of someone's life. I was watching a streamer's memorial after he died and got 21 ads in less than a hour trying to watch people remember his life.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'm not against the idea of ads, but maybe let there be a way for people to avoid getting jump scared by ads such as the one mentioned.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We are experiencing a situation where you are placing too many and long advertisements, which is causing us to no longer enjoy the broadcasts of the channels we watch. We kindly request and urge you to promptly address this issue. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm trying to watch a past broadcast and every time it starts playing a new set of pre-roll adds starts. I've had to sit through like 3 sets. Please fix it so i can just watch what i want to watch after the ads.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Preroll Ads  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Am I watching streamers or ads? Because every time I come to a streamer page, it seems like it's an ad, not a stream. I am confused. Maybe if you re a streamer site, play streamers FIRST rather than ads in my face. Bye now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ads should not play when watching your own stream. Simple as that, this bug affects your own platform legitimacy and your relationship with advertisers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, Twitch!

Currently, when managing an ad schedule, when enabling it from a disabled state, I see the following message:

Ad Revenue Share Split Change
    Your updated ad revenue share split will take effect at (time with timezone)

That time is multiple hours away.

This looks like if I enable the default and very aggressive ad schedule, I wouldn't be compensated the 55% until that time has passed, which leads me to believe I'll be running an aggressive schedule at only 30% revenue share. This means, if I want to toggle ads on and off depending on the stream topic,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. limit how many ads a streamer can post in a row 7 ads is really pathetic. Two max is better

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So i just watched trough 6 adds because i coulnd care of them, what i dont accept it reseting at the end of the 6 adds to play after i watched them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As the title states: add Upvote/Downvote buttons for ads in whatever form you like: thumbs up, upvote, plus sign or even make like 5 categories to put the ad in (funny, positive, negative, annoying or more). This would benefit not only the users, but ad partners and twitch itself too:

• users will be able to upvote or downvote ads: in the future this could be used to personalize the ads shown to specific users, giving them a more enjoyable experience. In my experience i actually like some of the ads and REALLY disklike others

• similar to channel points, this feature…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently you have: stream joining ads, banner ads that pop up at the bottom of the screen, then ads the streamer can launch, then short roll ads that take over the stream, and then you have long roll ads, and if we are really lucky the ad loop that people get stuck watching until we can get it to stop looping, all of which can happen at a major moment in a stream. It is as if Twitch came up with a number to make public for amount times, then found ways to cram more in where ever possible. It…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I don't know why this system classifies it as an idea, but anyway, I don't use any adblockers or stuff like that, but I don't get ads on any of the platforms, please look into this, I cannot be the only one not seeing ads at all even when the streamer triggers them manually. Something is wrong here and I have no idea how to fix it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?