Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I want to hear and see the thing thats going on live and on my phone it makes it a tiny little box with no sound

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. They killed the experience of finding new streams because as soon as I find a stream I'm instantly hit with 30second to 2mins of ads, only to be hit by them every few minutes, how am i supposed to enjoy a stream when I miss out on so much?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Pre-Rolls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I have a slightly unorthodox idea for how to handle ads. Let's say a user is watching a streamer for some time. Instead of an ad running for all users, interrupting the stream, it will add it to an personal "ad queue" for each user. Then whenever the user feels like an ad wouldn't interrupt the stream during some down time, or the user doesn't mind the ad running, they can run it for themselves, and only themselves. If they don't run it before another ad runs, then another is added to the queue. I feel like these should also…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make them gaming, music, or something connected to the types of streams people do on your platform. Then your hitting key markets and upsetting less viewers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. If I'm switching between channels looking for a good stream, I have to sit through a minute-long ad each time. More often than not, this leads me to stop watching Twitch as I don't have the patience to sit through so many ads.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ad timing (when in a broadcast an ad is shown, plus for how long or for how many ads) is a largely "invisible" skill in traditional media, but an important one for managing the flow of content delivery that almost no streamers have. Twitch broadcasters lack dedicated producers for this purpose, and the current algorithms that automatically deliver ads account for at most the time since the last ads a user watched. This leads to ad delivery that often interrupts streams very badly.
    Twitch should develop more sophisticated algorithms that deliver ads at the least intrusive moments in streams. For…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please consider adding a PIP window for the add during the stream. I should have to watch the same add over and over again. I will not continue to support Twitch any longer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Picture-In-Picture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I've noticed when some ads play they take over the screen and the stream is moved to be above the chat until the ad ends. I think this should be reversed. Ads should take up that space above chat and then disappear; or, perhaps, they appear in the corner of the stream. If this were done, of course, ads would likely have be silent -- and I doubt any user would be against that.
    Whatever the case, ads taking up the entirety of a livestream is just not acceptable and advertisers/Twitch need to figure out a better way to have…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I do not like pre roll ads. It is annoying to me as a viewer and a streamer. If you insist on having ads, allow an opt in setting. While opting out disables ads permanently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I can't possibly describe my disgust seeing the amount of Buffalo Wild Wings or Chipotle Cuban Steak ads. I don't force my ideals on other people, I'm quiet about my decision, so please allow people with vegan/vegetarian related diets to opt out of any animal products being advertised to them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. So I was watching several channel by now, and I watched the ad that shows when I visit the channel. And then I tried to pause then start the stream to remove the delay after the ad and it gives me another ad not even 10 seconds after I watch the previous ad. It happened on Android app and website. I seriously just want to remove the delay especially on Android app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently the Natures Way ad will not generate bits for me despite watching it. It's been like this for a couple months now.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Hi! My name is Shannon Wells and I believe i have a wonderful idea to motivate streamers to return to their live stream lifestyles, BUT keep safe peace of mind that their viewers want to see them return! Please contact me personally at (+1-205-915-2729) to hear the rest of my idea A.S.A.P. I will continue to write down my ideas for Twitch.tv and all of the fans that participate within the whole community.
    P.S. I have to write my ideas because my memory is fleeting and hard to search through. So, please contact me soon. Thank you, PheenKing

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Not an idea, more a complaint, the last week ads have gone from nearly none, to ads every five minutes whilst watching streams, and every new stream I click on I have to watch new ads. I probably watch more ads than I do stream. It's not enough that I support streamers with my money that I have sit here and watch continuous ads so Twitch can rake in the cash during this pandemic. Kinda takes the fun out of watching. If I wanted ads I would watch normal TV. Sort it out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Why in the 9 hells are LILY PICHU ads running on small channels? There is literally 0 point for a channel with 20 or fewer concurrent viewers to ever have ADS, especially ADS that promotes larger streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Creo que poner anuncios a dia de hoy no es recomendable, porque en primer lugar molesta al tapar tanta imagen, en segundo lugar, fuerza las suscripciones, y en tercero, poner anuncios no genera lo suficiente en comparacion de lo molesto que es para los viewers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. If you could get an extension for games with lobbies that would roll a 10-15 second ad in between the games (lobby) rather than playing the regular one over the stream. Obviously, the Affiliate or Partner would have to download the ones for the games they play, if they play without the extension, or don't have it when they play the regular ad rules would apply.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits for Ads  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. These new pre-roll adds that fire when you switch channels (primarily the Travis Scott McDonald's one) always break the stream audio and video. Kind of a robot-voice/fast stuttering situation. It makes it completely unwatchable. It's easy enough to fix by refreshing but now that the adds play every time I watch a stream it's very annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For most of this year there's been a lot that has been dysfunctional, while other new things are getting put out and unnecessary. Please fix these issues before putting out new things please (or just fix things and leave well alone).

Raids have been broken via all methods. Will show the host but the raid fails 90% of the time.

Clips glitch out and not work.

Disable the popping out side bar. This is really unnecessary.

Lay off all the intrusive ads. Seriously, please. Dear lord.

Make queue for watch parties. It's stupid tedious and takes so much time to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Many advertisements have an extremely dangerous level of flashing lights, and all of them pop up without warning and they can and do trigger epileptic seizures as a result even in perfectly safe streams.
    This is an extreme concern for many people, including myself.
    There is a specific advertisement that has so much flashing it can trigger a seizure even for someone using medication because of it being so hazardous, that ad promotes audible.
    I tried reporting it to them for how dangerous it is but they do not accept feedback of a complaint category.

I would like to request…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?