Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

344 results found

1. To let streamers moderate notification feature which will push when the game started. 50%+ games have long queues. Pretty sure this will be useful for both counterparties. Basicaly viewers leave when streamers searching for the game.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to comment on something that I think it would be nice to have when changing your username, and what happens is that when you change your name the count on the number of subs you have gifted is reset and it's split in two different usernames (your old one and the new one). And, for instance, in the board of leadership of stream elements which is shown in some channels doesn't appear the total of subs concerning your account, and it's split in two as I said before. So, I think you could do something about that because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Provide a means of alerting users of notable and significant changes to Twitch as these changes go live. Something similar is in place for creators and moderators in the form of the "What's New & Feedback" icon, but this does not always cover every change. People should be alerted to all changes, even cosmetic ones, especially if key features would be affected.

In particular, it would be good if there could be an option to sign up for a mailing list for announcements made via the Twitch blog as well as updates to the Community Guidelines. This would be especially…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make alerts in real time to everyone that in following

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The recycle program needs a massive overhaul.

There are far to many people waiting on unused usernames that are not released in a timely fashion.

I have been watching two names for years now. One is simply completely inactive with zero information on the profile and has never followed anyone, for years. That account also has never responded to private messages to even suggest someone logged in. **** I'd buy their account name from them if there was anyway I could contact them.

The other has the "Unless you have a time machine." message and may be an old twitch…

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When linking your twitch to your discord, it auto gives subs to subs that have linked their account, now what would be good is that if this also could happen with VIP's!

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Entering a phone number either to verify for chat or entering for 2FA, the code won't send.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Seria bom uma opção de ver os aparelhos conectados e os seus detalhes: como ip, marca, localização e o modo que está conectado ou que tentou entrar, também tendo como renomear o nome do aparelho, assim como tem na Google, eu peço isso, pois invadiram a minha conta e só percebi isso 2 meses depois, e se tivesse isso, não teria rolado essa invasão e sim, eu olhei os e-mails e não tinha 1 indicando que entraram na minha conta

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Twitch currently does too little to preserve the Digital Legacies of creators who have passed away.

Companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, etc. at least offer ways to assign a contact who will have access to your account if you pass away (without any long legal procedures).

Case example: with the upcoming changes to the Rerun feature, editors will no longer have access to it. This means only the streamer or someone who has access to the stream key can start a VOD Rerun. In order for Reckful's community to stay connected and keep supporting each other on Twitch, these changes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Apps on Windows 10/11 use Web Authentication Broker (special built-in UWP app) in order to securely authenticate a user.
    Unfortunately it still uses IE based web view. Causing this
    https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/2365592/145680353-6e0862a1-5251-4ee5-bf79-803a8e6f5a56.png
    You must add a special check and allow to open auth view in IE.

How to reproduce
    Install https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9NN46KBBHL2W
    Try to authenticate

Expected behavior
    Twitch is opened in Web Authentication Broker and allows to authenticate

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if twitch loosened restrictions on usernames since so many are taken and they don't seem to get freed up.

For example allowing usernames starting with symbols (_username), as well as adding more symbols for use, such as '-', '/', '.', '|', '~', and other characters.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. There should be something such as a page where people can search a username they want in order to check when it will be available.

This is especially necessary because previously used parter usernames are never available again, but as far as anyone is aware, there is no archive or list of those “never available” usernames.

Wanting a username that isn’t being used and trying to change to that username every day without knowing how long you will have to keep trying for it is absolutely exhausting and shouldn’t be something creators have to go through. Make it easier to…

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. PHONE NUMBER BUG. I removed my phone number from an old account and now that phone number cannot be used on any account even the on it was on before. FIX THIS SO I CAN USE TWITCH.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a feature like youtube where you can add peoples emails to your account so those people using the emails can access your channel, like download, delete and highlight videos, etc. Ofc not sensitive info like payment methods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I understand Twitch has recently allowed people to use other apps for means of authentication, but please allow users to use U2F/FIDO authentication, this is not only more secure but also very reliable. Having a U2F as primary with a TOTP as a backup is in my opinion the best method of security, given that Affiliate/Partner accounts hold alot of personal Tax information, I feel this fits more as it's such sensitive information.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Get rid of the 4 letter policy and allow 3 letter names again!

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/two-factor-authentication?language=en_US#Emotes?tt_content=two_factor_emote_rewards&tt_medium=notification_center it says that "When you set up Two-Factor Authentication on your account, an Authy account is automatically created for you even if you choose to actively use an alternative authentication app. This means you can fill out Authy’s Phone Change Form and recover access to your account." I don't need you creating an Authy account behind my back. You have to give us the option to undo this.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I have a personal account and an account to stream with my trivia company. I would like to be able to switch between them without logging out. More importantly, I'd like them each to have their own themes--currently if I log out of one and into the other, it still uses the custom theme I built for the other account. Any changes I make with persist if I switch accounts again. Bind layouts saves to accounts locally / store them in the cloud but also allow users to share their layouts (or access any layout saved locally).

235 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?