Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

334 results found

1. My username is my real name. Is this allowed?

Twitch's guideline on doxxing says that's it's malicious sharing (https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Preventing-Doxxing-Swatting-and-other-IRL-Harm?language=en_US) but I'm not being malicious when I use my name...

The username policy (https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Usernames?language=en_US) says nothing against what I've done, so I'm confused.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When using Chrome and clicking on the Prime Loot menu, you can use the X to close out each individual item under the "For You, Games, Ending Soon" categories, but you can never clear the list completely. Whatever item is the last item in the list, it stays there and you can't close it...ever. This is really annoying to us OCD-ers. Please allow us to close out all the items and display an all caught up message just like the notifications area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Diacritics (accent marks over/under/around letters; e.g. ú, ÿ, ç, å, ē) are important in spelling rules for many languages. There are a number of situations where a diacritic can be the difference between a common word and a horribly inappropriate one.

The display name field on Twitch should be extended to allow diacritics alongside capitalization changes to a username. This would add at least some level of support for a large number of additional languages with a relatively simple change.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Muy buenas TWITCH, les escribo, ya que quiero arreglar un problema con mi cuenta ya que al iniciar sesion se me olvidó de poner un apellido de mi correo electrónico y resulta qué a ir a verificar mi cuenta, para poder escribir en algun chat , lo he mirado y no es mi correo.
    Quería arreglarlo para poder escribir en chats de algunos stramers.
    Espero que me respondais y que lo arregleis por favor y muchas gracias.
    Un saludo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't unfollow the Resident Evil 4 (2005) category. Clicking on it directs you to the Resident Evil 4 Remake category which you can follow/unfollow separately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sue Twitch in oblivion and the company behind the livestream https://www.twitch.tv/trumporbiden2024

Community standards? bye bye Twitch I reported to both @realdonaldtrump and @potus

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I keep receiving notifications regarding my cookies, both in OBS, and the web-browsers Firefox and Vivaldi (Chromium).

Every time when the web-browser or OBS is restarted the cookies needs to be accepted once again!

How do I get the cookie notifications to stop on Twitch after accepting them, just as cookies works on other websites?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently when you change your username, your ticket product (the name that appears on subscription receipts) stays as your old username. Please make it match your current username so people don't refund subs thinking they are subscribed to someone else.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have tried for quite a stretch of time to get my mobile phone number accepted by Twitch, yet still no luck, due to Twitch saying I already used my mobile number to verify an account before. That is a straight-up lie, considering I did not get my phone until 1 years ago at Christmas, and I haven't even attempted verifying with my phone number at all, until recently! I have seen another person with the same issue, January of this year, which I have linked at the bottom of this post. My theory is that someone had my phone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I cannot access my account created using my phone number. I tried to retrieve the account again, but I do not receive a verification number on the account recovery screen. If the administrator confirms, can you delete the account created using my phone number?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello,

can twitch website start saving my own settings like darkmode/prefered channels sorting?

It's little bit annoying to set up this functions after every log in to twitch website. (Because there is soo many windows/chrome update, which log out user from website)

Right now after every log in to twith.tv I have light mode + channels sorting is selected by "recommended".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like to see the ability to toggle notifications for our followers.

Sometimes I don't want all my followers to see I'm going live, especially on days where I may stream multiple times. Some days I would like to go live without sending out any notifications.

Admin audit: added in additional words to title, so it's easier to find/understand idea from title alone

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. bonjour mon idée serait d'avoir des pseudo avec des lettre en couleur car cela serait bien plus fun vous ne pensait pas
    merci

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. privacy tiers popup or (PTP) could be a feature for the less experienced that gives the user tiers on what they want collected or used by the data they provided to twitch. this will be a popup (like what the name implies) that appears for a user once or twice before dissapearing unless they sign in again (not to be confused with reopening the browser)

tier 0: off
    in the name.

tier 1:
    disables third party tracking cookies but will keep targeted ads.

tier 2:
    disables third party tracking cookies, opts out of targeted ads and clears the targeted ad…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When you go to change your username, there is no confirmation to make sure the change was intentional. It should ask for a confirmation if you are making a 2-6 month commitment. It should just ask "You are about to change your username, is this correct?" As it is now, you can be trying out different things and if you accidentally hit enter, then you have to live without a username of your choosing for 2-6 months. I am really shocked this hasn't been implemented. I can't even look at a website without confirming my choices about cookies, but I…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Como recuperar los seguidores reales después de perderlos (me metieron bots y al eliminarlos también se eliminaron mis seguidores reales.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This is a kind of bug report.
    When I connect from Discord to Twitch,
    Discord didn't appear in Twitch connections page.
    https://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections
    As a result, when I'm streaming in twitch, my Discord status doesn't turn into "Streaming".
    Of course I enabled streamer mode.

This issue seems to occur for seven years.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/discordapp/comments/4jv325/status_doesnt_turn_purple_when_streaming/
    One of my friends also failed, but the others succeeded.

I solved this by repeating reconnecting until Discord appeared in Twitch connections page.

The connection processing should be reviewed.
    This issue is not from Discord to Twitch, but from Twitch to Discord.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. First of all, good job on implementing non-Authy, non-SMS 2FA!

That being said, there's still a major hole in your 2FA implementation, and that's requiring a user to set up SMS authentication before they can set up other forms of 2FA. Unless I've missed something huge, whenever I try to set up 2FA on Twitch, I get directed to put in my phone number first. There's no prompt I can use to skip this step.

This is completely counter to how a lot of other sites do 2FA, where SMS authentication is an option, not a requirement. You can completely…

1,139 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In my opinion, Twitch is showing weakness by wanting to make changes at the last minute to ❝Fight❞ against the competition.
    TWITCH is bigger than that. Twitch has always shown stability and that is very important in this area. Stability that no competition (streaming platforms) manage to have, no matter how many streamers they hire, they return to Twitch (no matter how much they throw hate speech at the purple platform). There I wonder if it is necessary for Twitch to make changes or simply go more aggressive.
    My question is, if Twitch is not profitable, why do the streamers…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When creating my account, I was stuck on what username to use. Twitch showed a message during the sign up which said something like "Don't worry, you can change this later."

So I thought, ok I'll just put anything for now, and once my account is set up, I can change it to something else.

But after I finished making my account, I went to the settings to find I had to wait 2 months before I could change my name!

I feel like I was provided some false reassurance and now I'm stuck for 2 months with a name…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 16 17
  • Don't see your idea?