Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Condense all versions of RPG Maker (MV, XP, VX etc.) into just 'RPG Maker'. This will mean that RPG Maker streamers get more traction & exposure if everyone points to one singular, all-encompassing category.

If that's not possible, even just an 'RPG Maker' tag would be enough, so that people can just stream into Science & Technology with that tag attached.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Summed up, for the new directory buttons that are being experimented with to supposedly help adding discoverability to the platform, could there be a fifth button that exclusively shows streamers who has been streaming consistently for atleast six months, but average less than 10/15 viewers?

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Categories as they are are a bother to search through. Looking for Pokémon games? Well, look through all these people that have "pokémon" in their names, then all over these streams that might not be for Pokémon!

Categories nesting with Sub-Categories could change this altogether. Let's say we would want to look for Pokémon games. We'd type "Pokémon", head into the "Pokémon" category and look at all the streamers doing different games. If we want some more precision into the category, different sub-categories like "Mystery Dungeon" or "Main Titles" could work, so on and so forth until you reach the…

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I made this idea so twitch can be enjoyable for ALL streamers.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. So i got banned from a channel recently (Oops) and i keep getting this person in my recommended. It would be nice if people don't get streamers that they are banned from in their recommendations

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Turntablism is the art of manipulating sounds and creating new music, sound effects, mixes and other creative sounds and beats, typically by using two or more turntables and a cross fader-equipped DJ mixer.
    A turntablism tag would help Artists distinguish themselves from the generic term "DJ"

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding in more tags along the lines of "Cozy", "Relaxed", "Comfy", "Chill", "Low Energy".

This will help people be able to find more streams which aren't always so hype all the time.

This would also be a good addition for people who can't handle over stimulation.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Following the upcoming change with new tags, I want to filter out tags when opening up the category.
    Not filter them in. For example. I don't wanna watch speedruns of dark souls but other kinds of streams. So allows us to filter streams out.

aka. I open the category. I select not interested and set tags I don't want to see.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hello, there are an increasing number of video artists using twitch, but no good category to bring them together. Some use 'Art' but tend to get lost in the sea of traditional artists (painters, drawers etc). Some use 'Music' since their video art is often accompanied by music, but again the focus of that category isn't really right for what they're doing.

Most of the video artists I'm aware of are either generating artistic moving video patterns from scratch (like '70s-style psychadelic music videos, but moving far beyond that with modern technologies) or curating, reshaping and modifying pre-existing video (glitch,…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The "Recommendations" are just channels I've already checked out and didn't follow. It's actually silly to then recommend them to me as I've already signaled that I'm not interested.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I only watch twitch streams to interact with the streamer live. Would it be possible for the team to add a button to hide rerun streams?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The Quadstick is a joystick designed for people that are handicapped and have very limited or no use of their hands to play video games. With the Quadstick a person uses a joystick and sip/puff buttons with their mouth to play video games. It would be great to add this tag so people streaming using the Quadstick can show other handicapped people their videos using the Quadstick to play video games. Thank you!

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Or give streamers and mods an option to just ban someone from chat, or ban them from watching the stream completely.

This would be beneficial for multiple reasons, for example it would help battle stream sniping, instances of stalking, harrassment, etc.

this has been voiced on twitter many times, time for it to be voiced here too

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If twitch can't be bothered to get the default tags for games correct, which is obviously going to happen with any organization of this size working at this speed, then at least allow me to disconnect tags that don't describe what I'm doing. IE when I'm playing X-Plane 11, a flight simulator, why am I getting "Stealth" "RTS" and "Strategy"? Let -me- manage my tags, because you're bad at it. I appreciate the suggestions I get, but if you've got default tags that suck, I should be able to remove them. This should always have been a capability we should…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Have the option to hide a stream you aren't interested in, such as streams in a language you don't understand.

Recently, an add-on for this was discontinued and now having to see the flood of streamers i'm not interested in or simply can't understand is clogging up the game sections and making it hard for me to find new streams that i actually am interested in. I've especially noticed the 10s of Fortnite streamers i had previously blocked showing up on the front page, i find it almost unbearable to use Twitch currently because of this.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please could you add the following pronouns as tags exactly as listed here:

Ae/Aer
    Any pronouns
    E/Em
    Fae/Faer
    He/They
    It/Its
    Per/Per
    She/They
    Ve/Ver
    Xe/Xem
    Zie/Hir

Thank you :)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I stream "stationery" streams in the Makers & Crafting section. This includes things like showing how I write and decorate my journal, explain what makes a new fountain pen special, or set up my bullet journal for the new month. I'd love to see tags added for myself and others to make that content type stand out.

These tags could include "Stationery," "Journaling," and "Planning." I know others in the community are interested in streaming stationery on Twitch, and I think this would help us build more of a community.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I saw it was marked as "Completed" that the pokemon directories were fixed but they really are not.
    Can you please merge Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver/Crystal, Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Diamond,Pearl, Platinum:
    Some are still completely on their own and are even missing the cover images from the recent changes. (Look at Let's Go Pikachu for reference)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The removal of the "blind playthrough" tag was made in an attempt to be more inclusive of those with vision based disabilities, however the move of taking tags away effectively hurts more streamers in the long run than it helps (myself included, I have a visual impairment and play new games all the time on my stream, so blind playthrough is quite literal). For reference, I could count 16 tags directed towards speedrunning (a small subset of content creators on twitch, though quite popular in its own right.) and not a single one directed towards gaming with a disability.

Instead…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?