Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1340 results found

1. I'm currently live streaming paranormal investigations. I would absolutely love to have a category that can fit better for what I'm doing. Whether it's a general "Outdoor Streaming" category or as straight forward as "Live Paranormal Investigations", it would be nice to not have to fight for discoverabiltiy against others that I'm not even really competing against who are in the "Just Chatting" section. The support has been unreal already! Twitch can really benefit from this along with other streamers and I'd love to help it grow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The idea is to give the user the ability to control who they are following, so they can unfollow dead or orphaned accounts more easily. Perhaps the tool could list accounts based on:
    - Follow Age
    - Last Stream
    - Last Login
    - Stream Frequency
    - Export List to File

It gets frustrating to not know who I follow that has been gone since forever, and I'm seriously contemplating account deletion to start with a clean list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Costume play is a genre that has been popular in subculture history and is an important act that has heightened the mood and added fun to people in any game event or competition.

I think she is like a mother who cannot be left out in subculture culture along with animation, games, and drawing.

However, I saw that Twitch does not have a costume play category, so I checked that there is no segmentation, in other words, what we define as outdoor streaming or podcast.

Therefore, I would like to ask you to add a category of this very valuable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. before twitch was the best site ever i could very easily find great new people to watch because my friends and the people i follow like what i like and I could see new people that they were watching and find lots of great new people to watch but now I can just get a list of people and i click on 100 of them and 100 of them suck its terrible now I don't have the time mental stability or patience to find new people before I would click on 5 people that people were watching and 5 would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As someone who frequently goes into categories for my favourite games to find new potential streamers to watch I find it to be quite the eyesore to see stream preview thumbnails cluttered by so many things. Top left is a useless icon telling me that the streamer is live, top right has a timer of how long they've been live for, and the bottom left has their viewer count.

That's three out of four corners taken up by rubbish that obscures the preview. Most streamers who have a webcam place them in the corners, thus there's a 75% chance that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It'd be nice if we could see if a channel has any restrictions before we join it. For example, if I find a stream under the Browse page, I'd love to be able to see if that channel uses "Follower only chat" or "Subscriber only chat" and so on. I hate it when I join a channel just to find out that I have to follow the channel to be able to interact with the streamer/commuinity (especially if it's a smaller stream).

It'd be handy if there were small icons under the preview of the stream that gives you this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I noticed this morning that my "followed streamers" who are offline now show in random orders, including some who haven't streamed in months, and worse, they're shuffled on-screen every few minutes (but still offline).

This is horribly distracting. Please go back to the most-recently-streamed order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a search engine for the categories section, since searching for a little-known game becomes very complicated

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When the "Followed Channels" is collapsed, the ABSOLUTE INSTANT you hover over that, it auto-expands. Please return it to either "Click to Expand" or allow the hover to take ~1.5 seconds before it activates. Attempting to hit pause/play and slightly over-shooting the button, or even just happening to get your mouse in that area for a second causing it to expand out instantly is extremely annoying.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There should be a way to nominate educational apps as categories. igdb currently only accept "games" so more gamified educational apps like Duolingo can get easily added and become categories, but less gamified apps like Memrise are rejected. The distinction isn't well defined. If igdb won't accept an educational app, could we directly submit it to twitch?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Puppet Combo needs to have his all his games under one category instead of looking up murder house...or whatever, it would be nice to combine all his games into one category, he has like 12 games. This would help streamers and also help get his name out. and on top of that help players find something new from him.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hey Twitch,

I suggest you guys ad a feature, what streamer you would like to switch to once the one you are watching ends stream. While most people watch twitch as a show some people also watch it as a background 'podcast' while playing a game.

It would be neet that you atomaticly get transferd to another follwed streamer instead of complete slience of you wating or your game match to end so you can put on a nother streamer.

This could also be done in a list of which stremer you pefer to switch to who is online from
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. have a tag for Colony builder games

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. www.sketchguess.io is a multiplayer pictionary game for phone, tablet and desktop, running in the browser, available on both Danish and English.

Players alternately choose between three words to draw while the rest may try to guess the word.

Points are given by how fast a player guess the word. The artist's points are calculated by how fast- and how many players guessing correct.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. November is National Veterans and Military Families Month.
    There is currently no featured front page activation for Veterans. Veteran's day is November 11th and there are amazing vets that are creating amazing content all year long.

Would love to see a feature for Veterans either on Veteran's day, or preferably for the entire month of November. Veteran's are less than 1% of the population and would be an amazing opportunity to highlight creators who fall in this category

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am a family friendly content creator. I do not allow people to give their real names in chat, I do not allow profanity, sexually suggestive actions or behavior, do not wear revealing clothing etc. I mainly stream using the ASMR category, unfortunately there are many sexually suggestive ASMR videos performing very explicit actions within that same category (the complete opposite of what I am doing)

I have noticed after my streams & on my channel twitch is suggesting “other people to watch” after my video ends. Every time I have seen the suggestions its 18+ Content creators within the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Spanish indie game, now on every system.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The viewer count has been replaced on the sidebar under followed channels with a gift sub icon whenever you have an active gifted subscription to a channel. Currently the only way to restore the original functionality (viewer count) is to remove all gifted subscriptions that have been received. Please restore the original functionality, make this icon optional, or add a setting to block ALL gift subscriptions so they don't have to be repeatedly removed manually.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. With the ever growing amount of tags (thank you!), it can be difficult to keep up with new additions and find the most applicable tags.

In order to help creators/editors utilize the most relevant tags, it would be very helpful if the initial list that is populated when searching for tags is recommended based off of the Stream Title - since many may not be aware of all of the tags that are available.

An example title of "Celebrating 1 Year on Twitch" would show Anniversary, Hyped, and Chatty tags first in the list - without having to type anything…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add an option to switch automatically to live followed streamers once current stream is over and another channel wasn't hosted/raided. Extra points if you could let us set priority manually, i.e. "Fav Channel 1">"Fav Chanel 2">"Raid/Host">"That one channel that regularly is on but you're not super hot about watching it but it's better than (Stream is over, see ya in a week) message".
    Main objective: seamless watching/sleepwatching experience
    Twitch profit: more ad rolls
    Streamers profit: more lurking viewers

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)