Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1322 results found

1. When streaming in the category "Just Chatting" allow the streamer to have a button that would que them to randomly pair with another streaming in a chatroulette like fashion if that other streamer was also in que. Make the chat screen split with each streamers separate chat rooms battling in a way. There could also be a button that would allow all donations to split evenly if both streamers clicked. If not, they would keep all donations made from their streamers. Would be a great way for the community to engage.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. we hold tournaments for irl fishing streamers. and all we have right now is just chatting and travel outdoors. so folks have a hard time findings us since their really isnt a category for us.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Randomly I'll lose my Game Category or Tags or sometimes both when I start streaming. And when I even go back to fix them after the stream starts, it either wont save during the stream, or it'll look like it stays but when I check out the video after the stream, the category and tags that arent automatic are just gone. I think that this hurts me and my growth as well as anyone else who suffers from this as it's hard to find someone in a category if the website/app won't allow it without any explanation or troubleshooting tips.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hey All! I'm just wondering if anyone agrees with this, and hopefully will become a Site Feature.

Right... Twitch... Please... I'm loving the new changes you've put in Place with the most recent UI... but you're missing one thing.. Searching for titles. As meaningless as it sounds, it'd be a great feature.

For example if i went to twitch now and typed "Horror" in the search bar, only peoples past Vods would come up. Same for if someone went to go search up "[PC]".. wanting to watch a specific Platform.

Someone who's currently live with "Horror" in their title (Which…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable users to block specific tags, such as 'first-person camera' in order to avoid being recommended categories or videos that trigger motion sickness.

This would also be helpful for avoiding content that may be distressing (e.g. blocking the horror tag) and just for avoiding whole genres of games that don't interest you (e.g. FPS tag), rather than having to mark individual categories for single games as 'not interested'.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's really annoying when I try to add tags that obviously would fit to the game but twitch has predetermined ones for each game.

Even if you try to add an "open world" tag to a pretty obvious open world game twitch doesn't accept it. Instead the "Done" button transforms into a greyed out "Updating..." button and the window doesn't close.

Why can I even add these tags if twitch refuses to use the anyway?

Either the tags should be in the list at all depending on what game you choose or at least a warning message should pop up…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When viewing games, they should show LOCALIZED box art (Steam does this, for example).

Most Chinese flavors of box art (among other locales) will have a completely different name [and even completely different box art] than English: Localized names and box art me be unrecognizable to the alt locale.

This can be added to the dev dashboard where we normally swap box art.

Now that Chinese has surpassed English on Steam (and since Steam supports this feat, too), it may be a good time for Twitch to climb aboard.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. nie ma opcji usunięcia sugerowanych kanałów

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For me, I like to discover new and unique streamers and streams but it's difficult to find and scroll all the channels by going back and forth on pages. Is there any way to implement a feature in the browse tap that is similar to the front page of twitch, that can switch to the next stream in one click. Also trying to randomize the switch to get more awareness to newer and smaller streams looking to get a chance to experience what it's like to have greater viewer count on their channel. This can help the streamer to learn…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a browser tab for channels that follows you. And apply normal sorting behavior or even user selectable sorting options.

I believe it would be a great way to connect with other streamers and finding new friends.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. These categories are all part of the same games.

Neverwinter Nights:
    * Neverwinter Nights
    * Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
    * Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark
    * Neverwinter Nights: Kingmaker
    * Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide

There is also Neverwinter Nights 2:
    * Neverwinter Nights 2
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir
    * Neverwinter Nights 2: Mysteries of Westgate

Combining these categories would mean it would be much easier for viewers to find streams of the game they are looking for. The extra categories are just dlcs or an enhanced edition…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As many of you know twitch has little to no discoverability so I considered ideas on how that could change. Engagement is a huge part of a strong community and this system would reward it. The idea came to me from the Pre Roll Ad function. Pre roll ads are the ads you encounter when entering a streamers stream and twitch has a way to temporarily turn them OFF. When you manually run an ad from the dashboard the Pre Roll Ads turn off for a designated amount of time based on the length of the ad you ran. So…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. During these tough times of pandemic with lot of travel restrictions, it would be great idea to promote IRL outdoor streamers who are providing an outlet of joy to viewers who are stuck in cities and countries stricken with covid-19. Please promote IRL streamers by having them on the main page. Its a category that has been marginalized and ignored ever since its introduction on twitch.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. So as a black streamer on twitch we have a couple things that we have to fight for a little more then your average white streamer, and that’s being black first and also being on a platform that’s manly white when it comes to viewers and also streamers. So I believe that we need to add more black streamers on the front page of twitch, along with smaller streamers need to also be promote more. I have been on twitch for about 2 years now and i have a opportunity to go by and browse so many streamers and I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Front Page  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I think many people is interested in watching streamers from their own country if possible, but if you try to search streamers sorting by country...well bad luck, that option doesn´t exist.
    The best part of this idea, is that it doesn´t require a lot of work, because i 100% think Twitch already has data of streamers by country, so it is an inexpensive and easy idea to implement.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know I'm probably a singularity, but I am starting off my live beekeeping twitch channel, which would greatly benefit from a more specific/custom tag. There are a small community of other people on twitch that also participate in beekeeping and would benefit from this. Thanks for any input or consideration!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add/create a data-tree style internal system to keep track of which games are part of which series and/or are remakes/ports/remasters of other games so that if someone wished to browse through, for example, all streamers playing any legend of zelda game, they could. This would also allow people to browse through, for example, specifically streamers playing Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue team as well as Pokémon: Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX, since DX is a remake of Red/Blue. This could increase traffic to streamers playing lesser-known or less popular games from a series since few people would be looking for…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It would be nice to disable the preview thumbnail for a recently released title. Often when a new game comes out many streamers that I follow play it. For some games (particularly story driven titles) the preview thumbnails might contain spoilers.

So what if you had the option in your setting to disable the preview thumbnail for a period of time around a games release? For example any time before the official release and for 2 weeks after. It could be replaced with just about anything really, the streamers profile pic, the game's logo, a black screen, etc...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be easier to play with viewers if they knew which version I was on

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm 14 turning 15, and no adult wants to watch a kid stream, ive been streaming the past 11 months and im barely growing.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?