Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1337 results found

1. When searching for my channel name nothing shows up. I don't know where to ask for assistance here in help or feedback, My username doesn't show up on any searches. I see this was a problem in 2020.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the community guidelines, it's pointed out that streaming under the wrong category is against the rules of the platform as quoted here:
    "You are expected to accurately label your content to the best of your ability." (...) "Deliberate or extensive misuse of titles, tags, games/categories, or other metadata are prohibited."
    Since sleeping has become a part of the content people are making, a new problem has become apparent. Years ago when the community asked Twitch, which category you could stream sleeping under, the community was told, that you should remove your streaming category when you're asleep on stream.

Recently…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Nowadays Twitch focus isn't gaming anymore. I think everyone agrees with that statement. The content creators have evolved from gaming to other crazy categories that nobody even needs to mention and there's no need to.
    In my honest opinion, Twitch needs to rethink wether they want to turn their platform into a all inclusive and confusing mess or start to create a more specific space to accomodate all tastes and content.
    Today we can see everything in there, stuff that still creates discussion among the community.

That said, I think it's the perfect time for them to adapt and create…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm currently live streaming paranormal investigations. I would absolutely love to have a category that can fit better for what I'm doing. Whether it's a general "Outdoor Streaming" category or as straight forward as "Live Paranormal Investigations", it would be nice to not have to fight for discoverabiltiy against others that I'm not even really competing against who are in the "Just Chatting" section. The support has been unreal already! Twitch can really benefit from this along with other streamers and I'd love to help it grow!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. browsing filters should allow options to browse from less view channels to higher view channels. Scrolling multiple pages to reach the bottom of the viewership is time consuming & less advantage for new content creators.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hay un nuevo juego, pero no tiene categoría. Quiero hacer directos con el me gustaría que la añadieran.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. CAD - Computer Aided Design, should be a category on Twitch. This could be related to the use of software, sharing info about engineering, designing products or something similar. Please upvote to make this happen! There are videos on YouTube, but no streaming on Twitch as far as I know.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. re-branding the "nail art for girls" category to just nail art. A lot of the nail art streamers do not use the category due to it being restrictive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The idea is to give the user the ability to control who they are following, so they can unfollow dead or orphaned accounts more easily. Perhaps the tool could list accounts based on:
    - Follow Age
    - Last Stream
    - Last Login
    - Stream Frequency
    - Export List to File

It gets frustrating to not know who I follow that has been gone since forever, and I'm seriously contemplating account deletion to start with a clean list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Costume play is a genre that has been popular in subculture history and is an important act that has heightened the mood and added fun to people in any game event or competition.

I think she is like a mother who cannot be left out in subculture culture along with animation, games, and drawing.

However, I saw that Twitch does not have a costume play category, so I checked that there is no segmentation, in other words, what we define as outdoor streaming or podcast.

Therefore, I would like to ask you to add a category of this very valuable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This game is a strategic card game that has been loved by many people for more than 20 years.

As specified in the Twitch Category Prohibition game, this game is a clear game that does not represent gambling.

This proves that the original author also limits what he or she can get from the game to the card.

Recently, this game users, who mainly use offline stores due to the COVID-19 issue, have devised a remote duel method of enjoying games remotely at home.

But I found that the category of this game, which is divided into Western, TCG, and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As title, after Twitch removed the Friend list, the "Show More" link is now at the bottom of the browser window, so this makes it harder to find and click. There should be a height limit to the follow listing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Lately there have been too many streamers misrepresenting their content with incorrect tags, using them only because the tags are popular and bring them more attention. These are streamers who ALREADY hold 99% of the viewership on Twitch, and they don't need to be stealing it from communities where they don't belong. This is unacceptable and I believe there need to be penalties for such actions.

Since Twitch refuses to suspend/ban their cash cows though, I propose an alternative solution. Implement a way to gatekeep them from using the tags. If they've been reported and investigated for tag misrepresentation and…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. before twitch was the best site ever i could very easily find great new people to watch because my friends and the people i follow like what i like and I could see new people that they were watching and find lots of great new people to watch but now I can just get a list of people and i click on 100 of them and 100 of them suck its terrible now I don't have the time mental stability or patience to find new people before I would click on 5 people that people were watching and 5 would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently (that I'm aware of), there is no way to promote your channel while you're offline - unless of course it's through another site (e.g. TikTok, YouTube, etc).
    So, I thought of a solution. How about adding an 'Offline Recommendations' tab underneath the 'Recommended Channels' tab list - this would replace the previous 'Friends' tab.

How it works:
    It'll work similarly to the current Recommended Channels, except only offline streamers. That way, it gives creators more reach with less effort! Of course, it should only recommend streamers that have been live within the past XX amount of days to prevent…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As someone who frequently goes into categories for my favourite games to find new potential streamers to watch I find it to be quite the eyesore to see stream preview thumbnails cluttered by so many things. Top left is a useless icon telling me that the streamer is live, top right has a timer of how long they've been live for, and the bottom left has their viewer count.

That's three out of four corners taken up by rubbish that obscures the preview. Most streamers who have a webcam place them in the corners, thus there's a 75% chance that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It'd be nice if we could see if a channel has any restrictions before we join it. For example, if I find a stream under the Browse page, I'd love to be able to see if that channel uses "Follower only chat" or "Subscriber only chat" and so on. I hate it when I join a channel just to find out that I have to follow the channel to be able to interact with the streamer/commuinity (especially if it's a smaller stream).

It'd be handy if there were small icons under the preview of the stream that gives you this…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Indie games on Twitch have close to zero discoverability. As an indie horror streamer myself, it would be amazing if instead of choosing the game title (that most won’t know to look for) there was a category for Indie Horror Games. Indie Horror Games should have it’s own category much like Retro Games do. The same goes for all other genres of indie games. Even just an Indie Games category in general would help. Not only would it give more discoverability to indie game streamers, but also to the indie game developers as well. I know many other streamers who…

313 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Don't Recommend XQC's Channel or any other Gambling streamers to new viewers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?