Discover: Browsing and Searching

Discover: Browsing and Searching

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Currently the game category Auto Chess is featuring two completely different games (Dota Auto Chess and Auto Chess). It's confusing for new players and hurting each games ability to grow a following. Dota Auto Chess is a mod of Dota and has no cross play/relation to Auto Chess other than name and developers. Auto Chess is completely separate standalone game that deserves its own category.

24 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. With more people staying at home learning, and even for myself as I start school in August, I thought it would be kind of nice to have a category like "study buddies" where you could watch people study.

I think it would be great for streamers who want to talk out their subjects to an audience/see if their ideas make sense, or help them remember things.

This also gives the viewers ways to possibly improve their studying techniques and in turn learn more about the subject.

Or, if the person likes a quiet environment a viewer could be there just…

24 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I think adding the option to sort our following lists by view count or “suggested” (our viewing history) would be awesome!

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When looking for people to raid, it's hard to tell who uses exclusive chats like Sub-only or Follower-only. I think this could easily be fixed by adding a little icon or label that marks ALL streams that are follower-only, sub-only, or open to everyone when browsing for streams.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. There should be a “recently watched” section, which shows channels that you have recently watched. It would make sense to have this because people are more likely to return to a stream that they have recently watched regardless of being a follower.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. So i got banned from a channel recently (Oops) and i keep getting this person in my recommended. It would be nice if people don't get streamers that they are banned from in their recommendations

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I find so many recommended channels in languages I do not speak nor understand. It would be literally better than sliced bread to be able to eliminate all recommendations by tags. No Russian. No French. No Spanish. I'm not going to watch these channels anyway, regardless of the game they're playing.

Please eventually work in a way to eliminate recommendations by tags.

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discover Page  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Shiny hunting is a huge part of the Pokémon community here on Twitch and has been for many years. In the past it was easy enough to type 'shiny hunting' into the main search bar and a list of relevant streams would pop up. However, With the current Twitch algorithm and layout changes it has now become very difficult to find live streams dedicated to shiny hunting specifically. This is particularly true in older game/generation categories as Shiny hunting streams get lost amongst Nuzlocks and lets plays etc. The only medium to tell if a channel is streaming shiny hunting…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Artist have been on Twitch since it's beginning and are one of most loved catagories on the site. However, creators in this catagory have always flown largely under the radar. Twitch cramming Art into the IRL tab beneath a sea of sleep streams, vlogs, and chat streams only serves to add to this issue. Art is such an integral part of the platform and it greatly deserves a larger spotlight, that should be clear to you by now, given that the vast majority of the comments on all of your directory posts and a large ammount of recent suggestions on…

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to add specific streamers to a "favorites" list that will appear at the top of your followed channels. You would be able to have 5-10 "favorite" streamers and since they're all at the top of your followed channels list, you'll easily be able to see if they are live.

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello Twitch,

Can we update the category cover image for "Just Chatting". I think it needs an overhaul, and I think this would look much better.

https://imgur.com/a/IU9Oo7n

https://imgur.com/a/P8UYF7Y

Regards,
    Hamatzu

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. More games have options to use mouse & keyboard or controller. And some games mix PC players with Consoles players it's easier to find and filtering streamers

21 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need a "safe space" tag, so that LGBTQ+ viewers can find LGBTQ+-friendly channels, without allies having to use the LGBTQIA+ tag, which jumbles everyone together. Without this tag, allies don't have a clean way to signal their inclusivity.

20 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add a new, separate category for Performing Arts (separate from "Music" and "Art") and/or Dance. Creators who streamed dance and other performing art forms are left stranded with no category after the elimination of the "Music & Performing Arts" category. These creators now have a much harder time reaching an audience.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I think it would be nice to put my stream under both Art and Makers & Crafting at the same time, since I often do both art and crafting in the same stream, or do crafts that approach art, or do art that qualifies as crafting.

I also see a lot of people playing a game while also playing stream raiders, so being able to designate both stream raiders and the game they are mainly playing would be nice.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I follow about 30 games and yet have no way to see a list of all the channels currently streaming those games.

We have a list of every single live channel. We have a short list of streams we may like. But if I want to raid someone new playing a game I follow, I need to open 30 tabs and go through them looking for the tags, viewer count, or overlay that appeal to me.

19 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Could you just give the user the sort options and let them pick their default sort?

Ideas for sort options: Most/Least Viewers, Date Followed, Your most Watched/Visited of the All-time/Year/Month/Week, category.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Personalized Followed Channels List  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The "Recommendations" are just channels I've already checked out and didn't follow. It's actually silly to then recommend them to me as I've already signaled that I'm not interested.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Art, Programming, and other Design based streams should be grouped together with music under a "Creative" banner. There are so many artists, programmers, engineers and designers using the site as a platform to advertise, educate, or entertain that they deserve to be separate from the "IRL" tag. If music can have its own tag, so should all the creative streams, individually or together.

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?