Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1342 results found

1. Just a setting where i will no longer see any channel with active drops. The idea is to avoid the fake hype/exploitation, while seeing more of the legit creators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Imperivm RTC - HD Edition "Great Battles of Rome" is the new HD Edition of the Imperivm III. Imperivm fans need to merge "Imperivm III: Great Battles of Rome" and "Imperivm: Great Battles of Rome - HD Edition" categories.

It is also necessary to correct the name of the merge to Imperivm RTC - HD Edition "Great Battles of Rome"

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create an "Irrelevant Gaming" directory. Or something titled similarly. This directory would help viewers find niche games and could easily grow to the size of the retro directory. This could be a new staple for Twitch. This give streamers who want to play games with 0 live channels an avenue to play and build a healthy community within the directory helping support others who enjoy forgotten games. This would be different from the Retro directory because there are many games spanning from the late 2000's to the early 2020's that are not "retro" but did not gain independent traction in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There's a issue regarding some games that have remakes or new releases like: Tomb Raider (1986 and 2013), Corpse Party (2008 and 2021), God of War (2005 and 2018), Teen Titans (2005 and 2006), Donkey Kong Country (1994, 2000 and 2003), the list goes on; so i thought of a solution for this problem, just use one category for the games (like Tomb Raider) or split the categories and add the year they were released [like God of War (2005)], i believe the last option is the best one since it will be more clear to which game/port/edition the category…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The LGBTQ community uses a number of short forms that all mean the same thing like LGBTQ LGBTQ+ LGBTQIA and so on the system reads each of these searches as different tags.

The new tag system is great but I have to use 5 tags one for bisexual and 4 for spelling variation on LGBTQ or I miss anyone who's searching a different spelling.

My solution on your profile allow you to set these commonly used types of tags. Gender, Sexuality, Pronouns, Ethnicity.

These are tags I see alot that get reused every stream and take up slots that could…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This will help affiliates (less popular streamers) greatly. People will always scroll a bit to see their favorite streamers (which tend to already be very popular streamers), but sorting low-high will at least allow viewers to see that some less popular streamers are in-fact streaming. Also, creating an in-house side-by-side view like multi-twitch would be greatly helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Small business is the backbone of a successful economy. I would like to see you create a Business, Technology, and Innovation category for the entrepreneurial community so they can help mentor and guide people that want to build a new or better an existing business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Buenas noches!

Me gustaría sugerir que se creara una categoría de #Fotografia y así los streamers de #Arte y #Fotografos no estarían mezclados, es mas difícil encontrar canales de fotografía y edición fotográfica entre tanto canal de bellas artes. La comunidad de fotógrafos cada vez es mayor viniendo de otras plataformas como youtube y necesitamos una categoría que nos identifique.

Muchas gracias por la atención y reciban un cordial saludo.

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. At some point, I noticed a dramatic decline in the number of live channels in a certain game category under “Browse” despite my not using any tags. I thought it was very strange as it was and has always been one of the most viewed categories on Twitch. Just before, I had noticed that one of my followed channels was live. The channel is small and I should have found it when I sorted by “viewers (low to high),” but I didn’t. Please do not randomly exclude channels from the “Browse” tab. If users feel overwhelmed by the number of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some streamers rather put their gameplay of their old game as category Retro to have better discoverability, however they may lose the reach of those who could be searching for that game.

My suggestion is to put the stream on both categories at the same time when you put a game older than 10 years.

Example you put Metal Gear Solid as category, the category will be:

Retro - Metal Gear Solid

A similar ideia could be applied to Art

You could put the Software used on the art, or the technique as category, then the stream would be:

Art

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A new categorie to avoid stream hack, where there regroup every stream of any game that the broadcaster don't want to be streamhack.
    Today we must be in the categorie of the game played, and some people search on the categorie of the game to find the broadcaster and streamhack him.
    That can be a good idea to create a new categorie where there is no game precised and if possible, people in this categorie were not suggested.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to be able to specify a list of languages that I can speak so that streams presented to me could be pre-filtered to only include those that I can understand.

A setting like this would preferably be account wide and take affect on all devices logged in to that account automatically when the user searches for streams or is browsing categories.

I am aware of the ability to filter streams by language tags but it is currently only possible to filter by a single tag and that tag does not persist when switching category or running another…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. These categories are all part of the same game.

Fire Emblem Fates:
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
    * Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition

Fire Emblem Fates is currently subdivided into "Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright", "Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest", and "Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition", which corresponds to the physical releases the game had. However, the listings and by extension, the physical releases, are more akin to routes within the same game and dividing the category just makes it harder to list and search for streams. Furthermore, the current listing doesn't even have a proper category…

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I've been asked to stream on Twitch from time to time, although I'm usually on here to watch streams of the game I developed. I chase storms and currently have a Youtube channel for it, but during a chase this summer I met someone who was livestreaming their chase to Twitch. I couldn't help but notice these streams are marked as "just chatting," which I feel makes this particular interest more difficult to find for those who would like to watch it, and oversaturates the "just chatting" category.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide certain stream categories, simple, there are categories/subcategories(filters like games, language etc all the categories that are currently available) out there that i never watch and am not interested in, an option to hide those would make my browsing experience a lot better
    Thanks in advance, keep up the good work
    PS hide specific streamers would be nice too

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think it'd be cool for people to learn more about the post-production side of videos! It'd get more people into editing if bigger people stream it, it can give more motivation for smaller creators, and it could even lead to a possible career, plus: if someone streams it, their chat could recommend jokes or point out smaller things that the streamer didn't notice!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the Category Suggestion section of the Overview page. It would be nice if we could set certain permanent filters and excludes.

For example, a setting to exclude games which are exclusively on platforms the streamer doesn't own, like a Nintendo Switch. This could further help in refining suggestions to only games the streamer could actually be able to play.

In addition to platforms, certain category of games could be added to the exclude list. For example, if the streamer doesn't like racing games and would never consider playing one, or horror games, etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Trying to decide which variation on a tag to use can be guesswork in the current system. When entering a tag, the function should show similar tags in use and indicate in some way which tags are popularly used and/or searched, such as number of live streams with the tag. Platforms such as Twitter have a similar feature when entering a hashtag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. No DJ on Music ... Put DJS on their own channel ... PLZZZZZ ... I am a musician and dont want to spend all my time looking for musicians and have to deal with looking past DJS. DJS play other peoples music and that is even DMCA.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?