Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Em um video, a barra do chat esta escrito "Fale no chat em vídeos", mas não é mais possível comentar em chat de vídeos, então é possível mudar para "Stream chat"?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is more delay when watching from mobile app rather than computer, approximately 5 more seconds. Therefore, messages sent by using a device that does not have extra delay will be spoiler for mobile users. Thus, mobile users are forced to get away from the conversation environment if they do not want to be exposed from spoilers. For this reason, there might be an optional setting in mobile app to compansate the extra delay for the chat flow for who does not want to see the chat messages beforehand. There can be a mechanism to measure the extra delay automatically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When watching massively popular streamers, chat is usually going so fast that a lot of times it is hard to communicate with other members of the chat or the streamer. Amidst the emote spams, while it is fun and part of twitch culture, I think adding line commands that can categorize a chat line as "serious" or similar, may improve chat experience. Those messages may be subjected to strict scrutiny by mods or bots up to the streamer. To increase visibility of these messages, some weak highlight feature (not every channel has "highlight my message") and/or allow filtering of chat…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want an option to turn off the pride emotes and the hahaa holiday emotes because I don't want to use them or see them when I'm scrolling to an emote I want to post. It will be nice I can swipe horizontally instead of vertically and have a favorite emote section so I can use the emotes I like. Another thing that will be nice is to have an option hide emotes because there's emotes I just hate seeing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This feature would make it easier for Affiliates / Partners to see who is in chat at a glance, and to help with sorting users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Instead of making it how it is now, effectively killing the highlight feat in bttv, when clicking the reply just add the @ and name in the text field at the end of the message if people have written in it, and let the writer add text in the field. easy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat Replies  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fuzzy search would make it easier to find and tag other users/streamers in chat, or to search for other users/streamers in the twitch search bar.

For example, if im watching @itsHafu, and in the chat I enter "@hafu" the results should show a fuzzy search results including users such as @itsHafu.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow users to organize “Top Emotes”.

The frequent emote list is very inconsistent between different devices and this can be frustrating when you need to use your favorite emotes in the moment to communicate.

A fix to this would be to give users two rows at the top of the emote list that is customizable where they can lock in their favorite 10-14 emotes. This would carry over across different devices.

If a locked in emote cannot be used because a sub has ended it will work the same way as usual and display a 🔒 symbol next to it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. We send messages to friends but the messages will disappear so we can’t see the messages we have sent?
    It would be nice to be able to see them just in case we need to resend again without having to search all over again for links given & how the messages were composed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I do not like the size of the prime crown and I would like it to be worn as before or to be able to change it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There would be great if all the people could SPEAK and not only "write".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I think for the Chat logs there should be a feature to search by date instead of having to endlessly scroll up and waiting for twitch to load the logs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It happens that lots of people in a crowded chat are telling the streamer all the same thing. And the streamer still doesn't notice.
    One of the reasons might be because there are so many messages and emotes passing by every second.
    Let's say 25 people write the same line. For example: "Watch your bag". It would be very helpful for the streamer (and comforting for the chat) if this line is set apart on top of the chat for a while. Bolded or with a bigger font for 15 or 20 seconds. This time can maybe even be adjustable…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Problem is that when user wants to write large message and there is 500 symbols allowed for one message, they want to send 500+ symbols but send 500.
    Idea - colorize pre-message into orange if the message length exeeds allowed length and stop printing of any extra length symbol.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. So I was watching a stream and an idea popped up in my head. What if I was able to watch streams and chat with my own country. Lets say I am from Bosnia and watching a stream in the US and it would be cool if you could just change the region of the chat to chat with your own people. A dropdown menu where you can select wheter you want to se All countries or a certain one. That would be really cool tho.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. well i been search on how do i know when someone messaging my stream

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. like ffz and bttv but built into twitch, community emotes would be uploaded by any user to the public emote library which streamers can select up to 50 emotes for their community to use without needing to be a sub or use channel points. The library can be used for the twitch premium personal emotes as well https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310237-ads/suggestions/41392177-twitch-premium

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. since live notifications dont work in theatre mode (which im in 100% of the time) could we plz get notifications in chat that are highlighted when
    1: a streamer i follow comes online
    and
    2: a streamer i follow changes game categories

this is very useful information to know so we can watch something more interesting to us asap without having to rely on discord notifications or twitter etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hi twitch all right so I'm a twitch user and I noticed a bug in which the bug consists of whether we are going to use the message highlight in an individual's stream and open it and not write anything and if we go to another stream, the individual continues a highlight of the message appears spending the points of the person we are watching live at the moment, although the highlight does not work, but if we write the text in the highlight option we spend the points in the first stream that we go through!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?