Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

954 results found

1. cleaner chat: after using streamlabs chat overlay for a while, i wish twitch chat had some of the options that the streamlabs chatbox has:
    1) filter out commands starting with "!"
    2) filter out bots
    by enabling those options, it would allow the streamer to see viewer messagesmore clearly by filtering out commands and bot responses

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hide mod activity from users (eg. which mod banned someone).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For streamers with a large amount of viewers active in chat, often messages will be missed because the chat has already scrolled past. Since many streamers use a secondary monitor to watch chat, a single vertical column of text is not a very efficient means of utilizing screen-space. Instead I'd recommend splitting chat into four or five independent chat scrolls, by splitting users up into equal, random groups (so a particular user's message would always appear in the same column). This would enhance the ability of the streamer to read individual messages during high activity periods in chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. ive been watching streams for a little while now and it seems there are a few disagreements within chat, so my suggestion is simple what about an option to invite someone to a mini game of something simple like atari tennis or similar and settle this on the playing field instead of being toxic in a streamers chat, it could just be fun with no ranking or anything just old fashioned best of three with the ability to say i won neeer neer. just a thought i think it could be a fun idea and perhaps get people together aswell…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Imagine people with their own emoji of themself interacting in the chat, I don't know if that is possible but it should be like linking your bitmoji account to your twitch account and activating it in your twitch control panel in order to be used in chat

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add intelligence to detect and split Spam messages and real messages into two boxes for high velocity chat streams. Problem: When people have something valuable and meaningful to say, their message flies off the screen and into the void.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If enabled, this command would prohibit the use of any emote within a stream's chat.

A need for such a command becomes apparent in large streams such as this year's SGDQ, but can also be extremely useful site-wide, for any stream that might want to enable such an option. Using such a command in combination with the "R9KBeta" command, especially in larger stream chats, could help create a much more substantial and positive chat experience for all users involved.

An example syntax for this command could be as simple as:
    /textonly
    /textonlyoff

This would be beneficial not only for large…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow people to see their own chat history.

Wether it is someone who owns a channel, is a mod on a channel, or just a subscriber, it would be nice to come back to a channel a day or later and see what was said.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. if you are in chat, and you want to contact a mod regarding certain question/need help regaarding something, then by using @mods will message all the present mods the same way as you message them personally by their twitch names. This will ensure easier way for mods to notice if chat require their assistance, or for a viewer to reach a mod.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When someone in chat mentions another person in chat it gets hard to find out what he was replying to. My suggestion is to make the mention color the same as the person who was mentioned.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean: http://imgur.com/a/H4alc

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Right now people can be distinguished by badges and name color, but allowing users to have different fonts can really help differentiate and provide more of a "personality" for chatters.

Streamers should be able to ban certain fonts in their streams that they find too hard to read or otherwise don't like.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When you follow a streamer, you probably like what they say, and dont want to miss any of it. Giving them some kind of icon or other highlight would make it much easier to filter out the streamers i follow in very active chats

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Stream Chat  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hello, sometimes I tend to chat with people therefore I completely miss out on what's actually happening with the game that the person is playing. On the other hand - sometimes I tend to watch broadcaster(s) in full screen and therefore if someone wanted to talk to me or just say something quickly - I would never know because I wouldn't be paying attention to chat. I can see that you guys are trying to keep things nice and simple here on Twitch and I appreciate it, you've already implemented "Whisper" feature - it's okay I guess, but what we…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently /slow sets the slowmode to default 120 seconds. It could be used to let chatters look up how large ist is.
    This would help moderators to better set their slows based on channel activity. It would also prevent chatters from spamming the channel with "slowtest" messages.
    It should also show which moderator last changed the slowmode (only for the broadcaster and other mods).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a bug related to the interaction between Twitch chat and the For You panel.
    When some text is typed into the chat box (but enter is not pressed) and the mouse hovers over a channel in the For You panel and then hovers off the channel name, the Text box will resume focus but then any further text being typed will occur in reverse.

It may be related to the 'focus-visible' css class being removed from the chatbox element when the channel hover is activated.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please remove new unnecessary whisper restriction that demands phone number. Why did twitch do this (never had problem before today)? My account is verified and I'm in the midst of preparing my stream. Now I'm locked out and cannot do anything. This is a nightmare as my contacts are now uncontactable. What genius decided this was a good idea? Fire them now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Whispers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new Tool Tip pop up that has been released site wide breaks all site functionality in Chrome and Firefox whenever a UI element is hovered over. Including emote selection, all chat UI elements, mod tools, channel points, chat identities, or any UI element that has a hover over text pop up effect. Issue can be replicated on multiple systems and multiple browsers. Embedded chat in OBS uses the old tool tips and is unaffected. When the tool tip is active the entire website cannot be scrolled, including chat and main channel pages. When clicking the tool tip, the site…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Los mensajes del chat de twitch solo aparecen visibles a mi, ni al streamer ni a las demas personas del chat y cuando recargo la pagina los mensajes que habia enviado desaparecen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since I noticed that some streamers assume that the same person is behind these accounts, even though they are two different people and these streamers have no evidence of this and block both accounts in the chat, that's what the streamers do reputation-damaging statements.

That's why I would like to have a way to report reputation-damaging behavior regardless of when the comments were made or when the chat was blocked.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I had someone come into chat and use a popular play on words using the words knee, and grow. It is disgusting and should never happen. I get it happening once. But he was able to make over three accounts and keep using the same phrase over and over again. I did everything I can to ban as quick as possible but as a platform you guys HAVE to do better. That is a very common joke I see used in tts all the time. You guys need to ban it. The phrase should be inaccessible. On top of that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?