Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

609 results found

1. When a channel that I moderate for goes live, there's two main ways that I load their stream; the pop-up notification at the top right, or clicking their name in the left-side panel. It's a bit inconvenient loading the channel, then having to click another button to redirect to a different page again (/moderator/<channel>).

I think it would be convenient to have an option, maybe a toggle option in Mod Settings in chat, to automatically load the /moderator/<channel> page when you load a channel that you're a moderator for. That way, Mod View isn't forced onto anyone unless they enable…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. The broadcaster should be able to see who made changes to their channel, even if they did not have their Twitch chat or mod view open when the action was taken.

These are moderator actions that should be auditable: such as turning on Slowmode or Subscribersonly, or Pausing a channel points redemption category, or Marking a redemption as Completed or Rejected.

Currently there seems no way to figure out for sure who was responsible for the change: if a moderator makes these changes when the streamer is offline and not connected to chat, Or if the information has scrolled off…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. I keep "show moderation actions" turned on (adds ban/timeout/delete buttons next to names in chat) in the two channels I moderate.

The other day I accidentally banned someone while on the chat emote menu, with a simple jiggled-mouse misclick. Turns out the tiny sliver of ban button visible on the left side of the emote/bit panels works just fine.
    I don't care whether I see it, I just don't think it should be usable. In my opinion, the only functional ban buttons should be ones with chat displayed next to them.
    I can't imagine any reason a person would reasonably…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Currently the AutoMod bot does not allow for timeouts, whitelisting of URLs and more. I would love to drop 3rd party bot moderation tools all together, but the current settings of AutoMod do not provide enough features to make it a viable means for moderation.

For instance, non-vips cannot post clips if I block hyperlinks as there is no way to whitelist the URL for it.

Please consider adding more features to AutoMod.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When I open a user's card from the chat, and can see that they've been banned or timed out, each occurrence has a timestamp on it. Make the instance clickable, and have it zoom to that time index in the message log, even if it was month's ago, so I can get context on what they were banned or timed out for.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  9. My issue is that mod settings appear before non-mod settings. I do not use the mod settings that often, and I have sometimes cleared chat by accident.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I believe that Twitch should add REGEX support for Automod "Blocked words and phrases". This would be a very helpful feature for chat moderation since a lot of users can easily get past the blocked term by intentionally misspelling a word. This would also allow streamers to enforce English only characters in chat. I'm aware that twitch allows using the "*" wildcard but in many instances this is simply not enough.

195 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Moderators sometimes manage game lobby links or somilar for their streamers. As such the links may get copied to the clipboard easily. If there are procedures in place to greet users or similar, then it might happen that moderators accidentally post sensitive information into the chat.
    Also, a rogue moderator may abuse their rights or post unwelcome messages.

Thus, moderators should have the option to delete their own and other moderators' messages.

201 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. Grant moderators permission to use all emotes even if they are not subbed or only have a tier 1 sub.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Twitch should allow mods and streamers to repop up the chat Rules for certain user to remind them if they didn't respect it.

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  14. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. So I will break this into 3 parts. What it is, How it will work, and why I think it's needed. (first and 3rd part may overlap.)

My idea is to create a Channel Admin role for content creators at the affiliate and partner level. This role would have a golden sword (opposed to the green sword that regular moderators have) and would be able to remove/add people from moderator for the respective channel they are a channel admin for.

How this will work: Starting first, how it will be set up (in my head.) All affiliates are allowed 1…

170 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  19. Currently the only possibility for managing links is to disable them all together. This replaces them with '***' in chat for everyone but the sender. Add an alternative to make AutoModerator hold all links for review instead so mods can allow them on a case to case basis. If no mod is there the result would be the same, no links in chat.

539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow mods to highlight users so that they can see them easier in chat. This would make it easier to mod repeat offenders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?