Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

48 results found

1. Imagine this scenario. You are a user and have seen and accepted all content classification labels warnings. You can navigate Twitch and can watch any content without any warning (this is fine).

Now imagine you are streaming live and navigate Twitch to see what other people are doing. You click on a unassuming stream that has labels, you are not aware of this and you do not have some/all labels that they do, now you are technically in danger of breaking ToS since you are capable of accidentally showing content that could only be streamed under some labels.

I propose…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. With Twitch's new sexual content policy changes I wanted to know how will this affect some streamers who aren't labeled as sexual content when they get raided by someone who shows artistic nudity?

There is a feature some streamers have where when they are raided by someone a bot automatically shows a random clip from that persons stream. (Although personally I think that feature is already a bad idea)

Will they get penalized if that random clip just happens to feature artistic nudity?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There are some streamers I enjoy watching who are very mild in certain categories of the Content Classification (or who occasionally play a game that is in a Content Classification). To watch them, I am required to approve of watching this content classification category. However, I did not realize that once I accept it for one stream, it is accepted for all streams. Now, anytime I click on a stream, I am no longer warned about this content classification, resulting in me entering streams I am not comfortable with, and with no way to turn the warnings back on as…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I really think Twitch needs to expand the sexually suggestive tags and safe for work tags. Specifically, I think this should apply to what content is recommended from the front page of Twitch for a user and in the advertisements.

I listen to my favorite streamers in public places, and I do not want to be suggested the NSFW streams for obvious reasons.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The new Content Classification labels are lacking in nuance and provide more harm than good.

As opposed to a general "This stream is intended for mature audience and may include content inappropriate for general audiences" You've instead provided people with weapons to attack streamers with unless they flag their stream as inappropriate for everyone. It's already commonplace where minority streamers will get attacked with false reports of things like emotes being too sexual when they are clearly not.

Ultimately you're asking us all to trust that twitch moderation will act in the best interest of the community, something that is…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The following two sections of the Community Guidelines should be on the same page so streamers know when they must use the "Pools, Hot Tubs & Beaches" category:

Section #1

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Community-Guidelines?language=en_US#22Attire

"- Standard guidelines

We don’t permit streamers to be fully or partially nude, including exposing genitals or buttocks. We do not permit the visible outline of genitals, even when covered. Broadcasting nude or partially nude minors is always prohibited, regardless of context.

For those who present as women, we ask that you cover your nipples. We do not permit exposed underbust. Cleavage is unrestricted as long as these coverage…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. the tldr;
    i would RATHER be able to select an option to actually ONLY see adult creators/communities on the homepage, only mature/18+ streams, and i don't want to have to click a verify thing every time i enter their chat.

how about, now hear me out, how about instead of "shadowbanning" (which is what twitch is doing preventing adult themed content from appearing on the homepage), just give users an option to opt in to see mature content within their account, so that it is only advertising adult creators to other opted-in adult creators/viewers. personally, i would rather even go…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow manually choosing the content label for mature rated games. Not all games are rated in mainstream websites

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please give us the option to hide all mature content warnings, age gating, and similar alerts. Their existence alone is insulting and disrespectful to me, but at least hiding it lets me forget about them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Greetings,

Labeling streams with Sexual Themes is not enough because thumbnails of them still appear in category listings.

They need there own category to be required to be in. Streams with someone shaking their buttocks in the camera should not be allowed in categories such as Art. I am sick of seeing preview images of them in channel lists. It is disgusting. We should have a choice in whether we see that or not.

https://safety.twitch.tv/s/article/Content-Classification-Guidelines?language=en_US#2II:Sexualthemes

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. i keep coming across people on my feed under just chatting sexualizing the platform because of these new tags for sexual content. last i checked this website wasnt for soft core **** or any likes of that. with games and drawings im fine with but having irl people doing these things stretching the guidelines and seeing how far they can get with nudity is horrible. at least give us users the option to not view channels that have the tags on. yes we no longer see the stuff on the main page but the channel names and that like AMOURANTH…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Today's update to the policies are understandable but the solution provided is very disappointing. I am a sex-positive streamer who educates and discusses sex and kink in a no-shame, queer-focused way. I am not streaming nude or playing games with excessive nudity. However, I do use the "Sexual Themes" tag because I want viewers to be aware that those topics of conversation can and do arise. With this new policy, I'm now penalized for being sex-positive by being ineligible for the home page.

It has been previously recommended that blurred or hidden thumbnails be shown with those categories, which feels…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. With the update to the guidelines, users are now prevented from seeing content with safety tags on them. While this is a great step to make Twitch safer, it's not ideal for many of-age users and streamers. I propose that we could ensure viewers still receive appropriate recommendations by allowing them to consent to the tags they're comfortable with seeing on their Homepage when they're setting up their account and in settings so that they can also easily retract consent. It might also be helpful for the homepage itself to have these toggles. Tags are a wonderful way to ensure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simple nudity is not sexual in nature in real life and in artwork. It's clearly not appropriate to classify know classics as sexual - even NSFW or Mature. Example: Michalangelo's "David", etc. Even Facebook stopped censoring such works. Content creators should submit things for review when there is uncertainty and simply.
    So labels Nudity, NSFW, and Classic Art should be added to the list. Sexual should remain a category if mature conduct or erogenous focus is the theme.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Given the update posted today "Updating our Approach to Sexual Content and Content Classification Labels" I believe that this should allow for Second Life to be removed from the banned list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Me parece una buena y mala idea al tiempo. Y el principal problema que se evita o en algunos casos resulta incómodo, son los contenidos de carácter sexual. Sin embargo, juego un videojuego de mucha violencia y no me favorece esta nueva actualización porque no permitiría crecer de manera apropiada dentro de la comunidad de twitch como streamer.
    Preferiría que esta nueva actualización las personas tengan la capacidad de seleccionar qué tipo de contenido quieren bloquear de su perfil. Haciendo varias etiquetas y así evitando que por querer evitar ver contenido sexual terminan dejando a un lado juegos como Dead…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i Say only this its a shame that a big platform like twitch is allowing to ***** asmr its no safe for children and a shame for a woman like me to see young woman selling them to that it has to get permant ban directly and iam 38 years old and telling you that

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new labels are redundant and invasive. you already have to click yes that you'd like to view mature content. why is it needed to click through another warning? why cannot the content labels just be displayed rather than a click through. I suggest this because my content is already labeled 18+ all the content warnings are included in 18+. so stop requiring the content warnings as click through and add it as a visual label on top of the mature content click through.

you're just creating another barrier for viewers to actually reach out streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. For now, content labels are based on the ESRB. However, I believe that standards should be set against the countries and languages of the streams.

For example, there are cases of violence in ESRB but not in CERO. In addition, the content is sometimes modified depending on the country in which it is released, so it is not appropriate to apply uniform standards.

現在のところコンテンツラベルは ESRB が基準になっている。しかし, 基準は配信者の国や言語に照らし合わせて決められるべきだと思う。たとえば ESRB ではバイオレンスであっても, CERO では特に問題にならないケースがある。また, 発売されている国によって内容が修正されていることもあるので, 一律な基準の適用はふさわしくない。

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Having content warnings is absolutely ridiculous for anyone who is over 18. Don't treat your users who are adults like children. We don't need to be warned that the people we sub to swear in their streams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?