Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

618 results found

1. When creating/editing custom rewards, there is a nice textarea form field to enter a description. This textarea allows for multiline descriptions. However, in the browser line breaks are not preserved, and so description isn't shown as expected. This could be easily fixed using a CSS property such as white-space: break-spaces

Bug reproduced in both Chrome and Firefox browsers. Twitch mobile app does format description properly

Bug screenshot for reference: https://imgur.com/a/jQo4gDB

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new option, that a moderator can participate in the poll is great thank you!

BUT!

In case the moderator is alone (no other mods present, mods are not interested in predictions, mods do not know how to do, etc.), or the streamer can not choose an outcome from a prediction because is busy or something and the moderator is voted, nobody could close the prediction. The moderator can not start a new one.

So please remove this restriction from moderators in case they voted and let us also have fun with the new predictions! Or make it at least…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Olá, queria relatar um poblema que aconteceu comigo, quando eu tava assistindo um streamer ele fez uma votação de pontos, e eu não consigo mais votar, aparece que não sou da região do espectador, mas o problema é que eu sou da mesma região que ele, não sei resolver isso e então se você me ajudarem ficarei muito grato, tchau.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add mobile prediction with the channel points now if i want to predict i can only bet for 0 because i cant edit the number of points im betting please fix this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Maybe make a setting where mods can also enter the prediction. Like the creator can turn off mods permission to say the outcomes of predictions. Cause I feel like the mods should be able to have some fun with it as well. :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sarebbe molto bello poter regalare i punti canale a qualcuno che si trova in stream senza che debba donare

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, when watching a vod, you can see what side individual members of chat voted on for a prediction but you cannot see what question was asked.
    I believe it would create a more enjoyable experience if the prediction question when it started and whenever it ended is displayed in the video-on-demand (vod),
    Thank you.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I've personally found great difficulty creating anything significant out of channel points simply because there isn't a way to be reliably notified when a prize has been redeemed. If they functioned in a similar way to Followers or Subscribers where it's API can be accessed, this could improve upon its function significantly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. During a boost, as it's described now, people can use up to 2,000 channel points. This isn't an issue for viewers with a lot saved up, but more casual viewers might have to choose between other channel point rewards and boosting. To fix this, making it so channel points spent on any reward during a boost contribute to the boost could help. This makes boosts feel less like a waste of channel points, and could make boosts more hectic and fun. However, if a streamer doesn't want this, they could maybe set a limit on the number of redeems that…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With Social Distancing becoming more and more important during current events, It might be nice to use Channel Points to modify emotes by adding face masks to promote Social Distancing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Twitch added this amazing list to help us customize our channel point list beside the basic 5 we get, however I would like to see some automated options in there.

They added a couple Twitch-related rewards and they might be hard to keep track of while also playing games like:
    - Timeout
    - Emote-only Chat
    - Ad Time
    Since these are all Twitch related I was hoping they could be automated, or at least give us the option for it. Especially the Emote-only can be a pain to keep track on as it's time related and all.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Redeeming channel point reward only displays the name of the reward followed by the cost of the redemption plus the currency icon in the chat. Please allow an option to either use the reward icon we upload or have the currency icon in the chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make Channel Points Relevant make it to where viewers could earn free sub or bits or something meaningful from cashing in channel points. Current prizes just dont do it viewers tbh just lol at the channel point prizes. I like the idea of channel points just up the prizes to get peoples attention. At the moment i just dont see alot of interaction from viewers with current meta....

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now, all custom events require being fulfilled in the rewards manager, however, I believe there would be cases where this process would not be necessary. A number of people, such as myself have already worked on programatically tying these events to do actions elsewhere. Instead of having to, manually or automatically marking these off through the API, it would make more sense if these events did not have any entries within the queue

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have added the browser source to OBS and have an alert set in Twitchs own alerts service which should show in OBS when a channel point redemption is redeemed.

It is not showing. If I click 'send test alert' in Twitch alerts the graphic displays as it is meant to HOWEVER upon redeeming it refuses to show. I've tried all sort of trouble shooting and googled to see if others have been having a similar issue and there are many who are. Hopefully someone at Twitch can see this and we can get a fix or an answer as…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implementing a reward system based on watchtime using channel points could be a great idea to incentivize viewers to spend more time on your channel so that they can get the channel point rewards a bit faster.

Let me elaborate:

Watchtime-based Reward Tiers:

Create a reward system where viewers earn channel points based on their total watchtime of the streamer. For example:

1 hour watched in total = 50 channel points
    5 hours watched it total = 250 channel points
    10 hours watched in total = 500 channel points
    25 hours watched in total = 1,500 channel points
    50 hours…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Prediction "fails" (status is still 200) with error "failed integrity check."

Almost certainly an interaction with extensions. Happens when logged in appropriately on known device. Does not occur on mobile (Android).

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/111.0

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Voy a explicarlo en español y luego intentaré traducirlo al inglés, para que de este modo la gente pueda entender correctamente cuál es mi sugerencia y creo que es más que necesaria que esté implantada en twitch.

Comenzaré con un ejemplo:
    Streamer está haciendo directo y uno de sus moderadores canjea puntos que le obligan a hacer gimnasia.
    Le envía 10 veces lo de hacer gimnasia y el streamer se ve obligado a hacerlo puesto que el usuario ha gastado puntos.

Termina el directo y el streamer en los minutos después de finalizar el directo, va a la lista de…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Be able to cancel if accidentally pay up wrong option

6 votes

We're glad you're here