Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

608 results found

1. This feature was nice when it first release but now all these extra popups for like a watching streak and stuff is getting in the way and some channels have several point redeems that scrolling is a chore. PLZ make this popup bigger or a separate window.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please bring back the scrollbar on the channel points and rewards panel. Some of us aren't using mousewheels, making it impossible to scroll the window down.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi, some of my viewers haven't been able to scroll through my rewards list for about 2 or 3 weeks. They tried to clear the cache and use different browsers but it changed nothing.

Is that issue known?

Regards.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Discord has ephemeral messages for specific actions that only the person doing that action can see.

Having a similar system for users redeeming rewards would prevent the chat from spamming with the rewards where no one can now chat, but would also allow viewers to notice that rewards have been redeemed.

Additionally, these messages could also be sent back to a user when a channel point reward is marked as unfulfilled. This would allow services using the API to send a message along when they are unable to fulfill the reward.

An example of a rejection message with Crowd Control…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A chat message on Twitch is limited to 500 characters. This same limitation is applied to redeems that requires the user to input text.

Let the streamer be allowed to choose a custom max limit on a reedem like this, which is useful for when you redeem a phrase to be read by the streamer. When a limit like this is set, a character counter can be displayed when typing.

Like for polls, there could possibly also be an option to be allowed to "purchase" additional blocks for points (done automatically). For example, say a phrase redeem costs 500 points,…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When choosing to unlock a random emote, Twitch doesn't clearly specify that you can unlock repeats. It should clearly state that you can unlock repeats.

It would also be great if streamers can choose whether it should give repeats or not. Perhaps by simply having two separate rewards, where the streamer is intended to just select one of them. In this case, it should clearly state that you can't get repeats.

Final issue is that users seems to still be able to pay for this even if they have all emotes unlocked. Either by manually unlocking all or getting a…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The colors for prediction badges when you have two options are great to let the streamer easily recognize who's in which team. That would be great to have on predictions with more than two options. A lot of times we divide options in believer or non believer levels and having the same color makes it hard to know if someone is trying to help you or trying to get you to lose.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have just completed my first Community Challenge with the viewers in my community and met the goal. The issue now is that I finish the goal and do not know who contributed the most channel points and I want to know who did because I have three prizes but now way to know who gets 1st, 2nd, &3rd.

I wish that the challenges would show the amount of the points used per viewer in my channel in a point break down to simplify it, rather me having to realize that I would have to manually track the channel points…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Many streamers use this feature to react to something from the internet recommended by the audience.
    some streamers spend hours and hours reacting to videos, audios and even artwork created in the artistic environment.
    If this channel point were present as optional in real life custom points.

It could be in this form.

Name: React
    Description: I react to a video, music, art or the like that you send me

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently we have certain limitations of channel point rewards, and what we can do with these rewards. If I wanted to currently implement a channel reward like, "Take a Break for 1 Minute," with different consecutive duration, I would have to make a series of different rewards for essentially the same channel point reward.

It would be very beneficial to build upon the current rewards and offer a "scaling point" feature. Perhaps a slider, that scales with another value and allows followers to interact even further with the channel point interface.

E.g.
    1 channel point = 1 min, 2 channel…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A lot of predictions end up near 50-50 because too many people wagering in one direction of the prediction increases the equity of betting the opposite, even if the true likelihood of that event happening isn't reflected as such. It would be more exciting and create more interesting results if the total wagers and percentages were hidden until the betting window ended.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dear Twitch xoxo,

Is there a possibility to setup Community Challenges WITH channel points rewards as a project basis?

Example :
    I wanted my viewers to build a ship together , I setup a community challenges with Channel Points rewards JUST contribute for that particular community challenges.
    That channel point rewards only can claim once by 1 viewer (eg . ship core) then the other part will be (eg . ship weapons).
    the total rewards points for all the one time rewards = total community challenges points needed to complete the project.

I believe this can be used in many…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow us to set a "Subscribers only" option for Channel Point redemptions. Like say I only want Tier 3 Subs to be able to redeem "Pick my next stream" reward, I could set it to you have to be a tier 3 sub to click it....they would be able to SEE it as a non sub, but to USE it they have to be a tier 3 sub

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. What if twitch added the ability to add your own channels points and setup for them on mobile right from your device that would be so useful for bloggers who film using their phones.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A prediction queue/list that mods can make and add to whenever there is multiple predictions; allowing them to set predictions that might go on for days until that prediction has been met for payout, and if so the mod can go through the prediction queue/list and click payout on that specific prediction that was set minutes/hours/days prior, I'm aware of the current prediction system, but it would be cool to see this suggestion added, obviously not promised, but just an idea :P, thanks guys for the hardwork!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. i keep hitting add 10 by mistake instead of custom ... then i cant make the acual amount i wanted because i can only go up by 10 from then on .. certain chan i am talking about i have a mil + points .. want to make high bets... goin from 10 to 250k is ALOT of clicks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new Boosttrain feature is very confusing. It only happens in smaller streams, where the chance is less likely that the streamer and their viewers do not have all Hype emotes yet, and does not give much incentive to the viewers, as everyone knows, just because the stream will be recommended to a lot of people, doesn't mean these people will actually click / letalone stay after just stopping by one time. according to this,https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/603009355234672652/956584929809018920/unknown.png , boosttrains are supposed to happen as an extra incentive, not a replacement to regular hypetrains, but the boosttrains I have experienced so far…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow mods to be able to add comments/notes to reward redemptions. It may be that there are multiple steps behind the processing of a reward so being able to add a note may be useful for other mods to review

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • add individual/user cooldown for a reward instead of a cooldown that effects all users

• add subscriber/follower only rewards
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?