Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. As a Mod we should be able to use our points on a Make It Rain option where we can input the number of points and the number of recipients, and let the algorithm used for handing out gifted subs, pick who gets the points (equal amounts among the number of people designated). I would rather be able to give points to members of chat to be able to interact more, than use em to highlight my message or alter an emote.

258 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Give Streamers the option to use a certain amount of Emotes (Maybe more for Partners or something like 1 + 1/10 of your unlocked Emoteslots rounded up) to be unlockable by Channelpoints but not by Subscribing or Cheering. Every Streamer can chose the cost of the Emotes they want to have themselves.

This allowes Streamers to give something back to the Community and makes it possible to get emotes by just watching and being Active in the Stream and the Community when the people cannot support monetarily. This also still incentivises to Gain More Subs due to getting the possibility…

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Acquire points and redeem sound commands on stream to eliminate 3rd party apps

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I want to use channel points but I am finding that the vast majority of my viewers already subscribe at tier 1 and as such have nothing to spend channel points on other than modifying tier 1 emotes, which is of limited novelty. I would like it if different pricing tiers points-wise were available for the tier 2 & 3 emotes as well as bit emotes.

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. It would be nice to have something to rival Mixer's sparks. If there was something we could do with this new Channel Points feature that would be awesome.

Maybe a global threshold/minimum of Channel Points to reward dedicated viewers with a redeemable subscription? Scaling that threshold/minimum for larger streamers, 1sub every 6 months per channel or account, etc...(I'm sure you could figure out restrictions around it)

I would think this would be a good incentive to being more active in the streams you enjoy as well as monetizing the Channel Points.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I have a loyalty reward where people can redeem "codes" to enter for giveaways but I have to manually fill the orders, it would be great if you can set a default short message that gets sent to the redeemer as a whisper so I can auto deliver information/codes/redeemable verbal messages to the person who redeems privately and instantly for automation.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Affiliates and Partner able to create default points reward which gives access to one emote (out of emotes that the streamer has selected) to use forever. The emotes could be sub emotes or special points emotes. These could be used to reward loyal viewers and create limited time emotes that could be used even after the limited time is over.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. It would be a pretty neat way to incentivise people if certain Channel Point Rewards were restricted to Subscribers only (and one step further would be to separate between the tiers).

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Many streamers have a feature where if you donate a certain amount of currency, whether that be bits or the local currency the streamer has setup on their streaming provider, your message will come up on stream and get read aloud by a voice that the streamer can customize. Because there is generally a minimum amount to get this text-to-speech feature (TTS), and it is a big moneymaker for some people, I don't know how many people would use this feature, but I think it would be a good idea to allow channel points to pay for TTS messages. I…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Channel Points...I love them already. I do. I'm using them as I'm typing here. One great idea though imo...I really would like it even better if Twitch gave us a bunch of random icons to choose from to use with each custom reward we have. I don't have any custom icons and as a gamer, streamer, and upcoming holiday lover, I don't know about you but, I don't have the money to pay for a bunch of icons at different resolutions to be honest lol. I KNOW alot of streamers will love to have this option as well. My first…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Right now, you are only able to create up to 50 channel point rewards per channel, which sounds like a lot, but it isn't. When thinking of people who use them as a fun way to interact with viewers, this puts a limit towards the creativity of that specific streamer. While using 3rd party apps and programs to manipulate and create really fun exp with Channel Points Rewards, you are able to do some amazing things that really give a personal face to your own stream! Would be awesome to be added with a group or folder kind of update…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. It would be very helpful to know how many points my viewers have in my chat. Maybe as a sort of leaderboard so I can see who has the most points? This would definitely help me to judge how to price my rewards better, as I can see how many points people will have to spend on them!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would love to see a redeemable Channel Points reward that would be locked in at a certain amount that CANNOT be changed by the streamer, that could be redeemed for an actual subscription. It can be treated much the same as a Twitch Prime subscription, where it has to be renewed monthly, as well as supports the streamer as a normal subscription would.

This could enhance viewer times for those less fortunate that may not be able to afford subscriptions to their favorite streamers, and reward them for spending time watching their favorite streamer.

It can also pay off…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The idea behind a template would allow streamers to have Channel Rewards that are specific to the game they are playing. This would remove the hassle of enabling and disabling some of the rewards when switching games. Streamers can have a template for each game that they choose and set it up before streaming. When they stream a game it would automatically load that template when choosing the game.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Channel Points to pay for additional Chat Poll votes like bits, exactly what it says on the tin! Right now the polls are a really fun feature and the channel points have a lot of potential in being integrated with an already existing feature, this time giving newer viewers an incentive to stick around instead of only favoring the viewers with money.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. My idea is to make channel points more rewarding for both the streamer and viewers. My suggestion would be to have X amount of channel points unlocks X amount of bits, &/OR, X amount of channel points unlocks a one month subscription to the streamer the viewer is spending their valuable time watching and supporting. This idea would help smaller channels grow and it would also let the viewers support their favorite streamers/content creators just by spending time with them. Everyone could use a little positive boost and this would be a great way to show support and positivity. Thank…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. For rewards that allow a message and also have a cooldown, they simply show 'out of stock', instead of a countdown for the cooldown like rewards without allowing messages. It would be useful if the user could see the cooldown for these types of rewards too.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Currently we need to upload 112x112, 56x56, and 28x28 icons when adding a custom icon to a channel point redemption. It's just a small hassle, especially for someone like me who's tinkering with channel point rewards constantly. The automatic resizing is already done for emotes - it would be nice to have it on these icons as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Have the ability to tag rewards as applicable or not applicable for certain games.
    For example, have "pick which tank type" as only applicable for World of Tanks, or War Thunder, but let "Knives only" be applicable for CoD, Rainbow Six, CS:Go and the like.
    You could have them appear and disappear as you switch the actual stream description of what game you're playing, instead of having to manually go in every time and remove/add them, or... worse yet... have them all there at once and end up with a list of rewards in the hundreds.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?