Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

78 results found

1. A few proposals to improve them:
    1. If the streamer wants, give them the ability to create emote purchases that lasts for longer than 24 hours (templates should be: 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month)
    2. Allow the users to re-buy emote remotely up to 1 week after it expires or bookmark it for the case they want to re-buy it at any other time.
    3. The above should also apply for modified emotes and their respective modification (exception: seasonal/temporary modifications)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow streamers to only make certain rewards available on certain days of the week. Many of have fixed schedules and certain rewards (like requests for certain games) are only available on fixed days and it would be nice if the rewards were automatically deactivated on days we don't need them.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Sometimes I will have rewards that do similar things. For example, I do an impersonation of Spongebob, and i do an impersonation of sylvester stalone.
    I don't want to keep doing back-to-back impersonations, so I'd like to be able to limit ALL rewards associated with a type of redemption I provide

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When people use their channel points to redeem rewards, it should contribute to channel point goals. Instead of only contributing counting toward it. This way they can also do fun stuff while progress the goal!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you were to stay in a stream throughout the entire duration (You join anywhere up to 1 hour after the stream starts, and stay until 1 hour before the stream ends) you'd get an "Entire Stream Bonus" of channel points. It can be 500 points for every hour, so if it was a 24 hour stream if you stayed for the entire duration it would be 12,000 points. Or you can have it multiply by the amount of time that the stream has been going, 250 for the first hour, 500 for the second, 1000 for the third ect.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For rewards that allow a message and also have a cooldown, they simply show 'out of stock', instead of a countdown for the cooldown like rewards without allowing messages. It would be useful if the user could see the cooldown for these types of rewards too.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I was trying to manage the Reward Queue in a channel I moderate and wasn't sure if a reward was fulfilled. What would really help this is to show the timestamp of the reward in the queue, so we can determine whether it has been fulfulled.
    Example: Redeemed: Feb 25 2020 5:00pm AEDT

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Subscribers are an important source of help for the streamer to keep up his good work and improve his live stream.
    So why isn't there an option where certain point redemptions are only available to subscribers?

Because there are many streamers like me, who have very elaborate effects that can be redeemed with channel points, so there could be an option to choose certain points only to be redeemed only for subscribers.

kiDixTV

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be great if we could reuse the old, already done community challenges as a new one, and not to have save the text and images in case I would like to redo a challenge a month later for example.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have the easy animate animations for emotes (shake, rave, roll, spin, slide in/out) as a channel point reward option, so the viewers of the channel can anmiate every emote

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Redeeming channel point reward only displays the name of the reward followed by the cost of the redemption plus the currency icon in the chat. Please allow an option to either use the reward icon we upload or have the currency icon in the chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Implementing a reward system based on watchtime using channel points could be a great idea to incentivize viewers to spend more time on your channel so that they can get the channel point rewards a bit faster.

Let me elaborate:

Watchtime-based Reward Tiers:

Create a reward system where viewers earn channel points based on their total watchtime of the streamer. For example:

1 hour watched in total = 50 channel points
    5 hours watched it total = 250 channel points
    10 hours watched in total = 500 channel points
    25 hours watched in total = 1,500 channel points
    50 hours…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Twitch added this amazing list to help us customize our channel point list beside the basic 5 we get, however I would like to see some automated options in there.

They added a couple Twitch-related rewards and they might be hard to keep track of while also playing games like:
    - Timeout
    - Emote-only Chat
    - Ad Time
    Since these are all Twitch related I was hoping they could be automated, or at least give us the option for it. Especially the Emote-only can be a pain to keep track on as it's time related and all.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Channel Points Relevant make it to where viewers could earn free sub or bits or something meaningful from cashing in channel points. Current prizes just dont do it viewers tbh just lol at the channel point prizes. I like the idea of channel points just up the prizes to get peoples attention. At the moment i just dont see alot of interaction from viewers with current meta....

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Mi idea es que se puedan editar los puntos de canal, y eso me refiero a la cantidad recibida.

Por ejemplo cuando das follow, normalmente da 200 puntos de canal por seguir al streamer, pero me gustaría que eso se pueda editar, como que al dar follow puedas hacer que los espectadores reciban 500 puntos.

O que los subs al suscribirse puedas darle 10000 puntos por hacerlo.

También la cantidad de puntos de canal, osea modificar el tiempo que debemos estar viendo el stream para que nos den puntos y también poder modificar esos puntos.

Lo que estoy diciendo lo…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I'd like to have the ability to reset everyone's channel points on my channel manually or automatically (daily, weekly, monthly) like the bits and sub gift leaderboard.

Also i'd like to see more options. Being able to activate emote only chat automatically for a given amount of time after using channel points etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Danky responded

Heya! Wanted to let you know I've moved this suggestion to our new Channel Point Rewards category. 

Have a great day!

17. Currently we have certain limitations of channel point rewards, and what we can do with these rewards. If I wanted to currently implement a channel reward like, "Take a Break for 1 Minute," with different consecutive duration, I would have to make a series of different rewards for essentially the same channel point reward.

It would be very beneficial to build upon the current rewards and offer a "scaling point" feature. Perhaps a slider, that scales with another value and allows followers to interact even further with the channel point interface.

E.g.
    1 channel point = 1 min, 2 channel…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to set a "Subscribers only" option for Channel Point redemptions. Like say I only want Tier 3 Subs to be able to redeem "Pick my next stream" reward, I could set it to you have to be a tier 3 sub to click it....they would be able to SEE it as a non sub, but to USE it they have to be a tier 3 sub

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • add individual/user cooldown for a reward instead of a cooldown that effects all users

• add subscriber/follower only rewards
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The rate at which people earn points is extremely low. If a viewer were to follow a streamer, have a watch streak from watching 2 consecutive streams for 2 hours each, cheer, and actively click every chest that appeared, they'd be able to contribute the max amount of 2,000 to a community goal 1 time. Then have to consecutively watch more. That's a lot to just participate in a community and can deter people from using channel points. After the 1st cheer and sub of the month, channel point "income" dwindles. People have lives and a watch streak 4 or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?