Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

619 results found

1. A few proposals to improve them:
    1. If the streamer wants, give them the ability to create emote purchases that lasts for longer than 24 hours (templates should be: 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month)
    2. Allow the users to re-buy emote remotely up to 1 week after it expires or bookmark it for the case they want to re-buy it at any other time.
    3. The above should also apply for modified emotes and their respective modification (exception: seasonal/temporary modifications)

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For April Fool's several streamers added googly eyes to their emotes, when I first saw this I assumed it was an emote modification. This seems in line with other permanent modifications such as "thinking" and I think it would get a ton of use.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Danky responded

Hey Suedois1! I've moved your suggestion to our new Channel Point Rewards category. If you think this is a mistake, feel free to respond to this.

Thank you!

4. Instead of only a limit per stream, allow channel point rewards to be redeemed per a time frame (every 15 mins,m, 30 mins, etc.)

-Aqajj

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Inspired by seeing a Skip a Song reward on one of the channels that cost 250k points. It's too costly to be worth and if one guy somehow buys that, it can be unpleasant to all other viewers.

The default option should be called "individual" and streamer can change it to be "collective".

F.e. collective reward costs 50k, you can pay only 5k to enter and when 10 people enter, reward is completed.

You can see the progress of a reward online in all rewards menu. If you enter and it's uncompleted, you will have an option to leave at…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I'd like to have the ability to reset everyone's channel points on my channel manually or automatically (daily, weekly, monthly) like the bits and sub gift leaderboard.

Also i'd like to see more options. Being able to activate emote only chat automatically for a given amount of time after using channel points etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Danky responded

Heya! Wanted to let you know I've moved this suggestion to our new Channel Point Rewards category. 

Have a great day!

7. Add a list of options to choose from for a channel point redemption. For example I allow users to change the stream layout. Rather than having 3 separate icons I could have one and they can choose the option. The output in chat would be the same as if they typed the message out. I'd also like them to be able to change the greenscreen background and adding 3 or 4 more redemption options would start to clutter the points screen.

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1. Being able to convert channel points into bits to use for that specific channel where you collected the channel points. Twitch can set an amount that would be beneficial to them and the Broadcaster.

2. Being able to use the channel points to subscribe to the channel. I mean we are there watching and supporting the broadcaster but it would bring in more viewers and watch time if the channel points actually mean something and is useful.

Example where channel points don't matter at all is at Maximilian_Dood's channel who is one of my favorite broadcasters. I have accrued so many…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I was trying to manage the Reward Queue in a channel I moderate and wasn't sure if a reward was fulfilled. What would really help this is to show the timestamp of the reward in the queue, so we can determine whether it has been fulfulled.
    Example: Redeemed: Feb 25 2020 5:00pm AEDT

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I run a custom interactive overlay that lets users spend points for in-game effects. Right now they can save up points from multiple streams and spend them all at once to get a big advantage. I'd love a setting that makes it more expensive for a user to redeem a channel point reward for each time they've done it during that stream — it'd encourage them to spread out their spending a little.

For example, I could set the initial cost of a reward to 200, and the increment to 50. The first time in a stream that a user…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow the use of sounds as channel rewards for users i.e the ability to upload specific sounds that can be redeemed

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add the ability for viewers to exchange points among themselves. For example, create a market where you can buy or sell the points of each streamer for money (or for bits) + transaction fee for a twitch and streamer like in steam market. (because streamers set unique rewards with too many points, and the market gets the opportunity to earn these rewards and make a profit for the twitch and streamer )

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Channel Points messages appear in chat, but don't show up in VODs, and aren't available in the Chat API. It would be good to at least have the messages appear in VODs to help provide context for what's happening, and even better if it was treated as another chat message, so it could show up in the chat API as well.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. My idea is to make channel points more rewarding for both the streamer and viewers. My suggestion would be to have X amount of channel points unlocks X amount of bits, &/OR, X amount of channel points unlocks a one month subscription to the streamer the viewer is spending their valuable time watching and supporting. This idea would help smaller channels grow and it would also let the viewers support their favorite streamers/content creators just by spending time with them. Everyone could use a little positive boost and this would be a great way to show support and positivity. Thank…

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Deafult channel points reward that gives you the power of posting a texted message while the chat is in emote-only chat.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Redeeming channel point reward only displays the name of the reward followed by the cost of the redemption plus the currency icon in the chat. Please allow an option to either use the reward icon we upload or have the currency icon in the chat.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So I have a lot of points for a streamer I watch but can’t really do anything usefull with it. I think it would be great if it was not only possible to unlock an emote for 24 hours but if it was also possible to gift another viewer an emote for 24 hours using your channelpoints. I would love to see this feature added. It would really improve the interaction between viewers as well

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow streamers and/or mods to view the points for each viewer, and to add/remove points from viewers in their channel. (This will also give streamers the option to manually transfer points from any other point system.)

298 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. As things stand right now, Twitch recommended rewards are not viewable on queue, specifically Highlight This Message. It would be nice if we had the option to view who redeemed those rewards in case you want to go and view their twitch pages.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm a moderator for a relatively large channel that used a channel points reward to integrate with a crowd control mod, and the reward was redeemed some thousands of times over the course of two streams. To get these out of the queue would take hours of refreshing the reward queue page (which displays only 100 of one reward at once) with an autoclicker on, or deleting the reward and replacing it with a new one. Neither of these seem particularly optimal, but a button to mark all as complete would nullify the issue—though it is of course a minor…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?