Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Channel Points

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Channel Points

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

608 results found

1. When making a channel points reward I think it would be useful to be able to add a little box that the person redeeming it has to "tick" before posting/redeeming the "channel points reward". It would be custom, I.E when the broadcaster (who creates the reward) can add any text that they want to be "agreed upon" by the person redeeming the award - should of course not be too long however.

I thought of this idea as I realized that people didn't read the description of the "guide the raid" reward and kept suggesting to raid people who's got…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great, if a developer can use the channel points of every user in his own bot. I imagined that i can save the points of each user in a database and implement own features in my bot. This would give so much more interaction for the streamer and more fun for the viewers. Win Win.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There is a bug where if you open multiple browsers or multiple devices with the same account, you can get Raid Channel Points bonus multiple times.

Please fix it, I want to raid again. Thank you very much.

325 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Bug  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. So I'm no expert in this sort of thing, so don't crucify me if there's any big problems with the idea but.

Would there be any scope in making channel points more valuable, so that you could spend them on actual things - perhaps even a twitch browser shop where you could buy various cosmetics to enhance your name or badges, emotes too, or directly support your favourite streamers by buying products they offer with channel points too.

I see this as having benefits for all parties, that's streamers, twitch and viewers too.

Streamers would have more concurrent viewers because…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be very useful to get for moderators to be able to accept/deny channel points redeems directly from chat without having to open the request queue or modview. Like a small button saying ACCEPT and DENY just below the redeem.

For moderators who work with a lot of requests every hour this would mean managing the redeems a lot faster and easier.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As a streamer I often miss places and redemptions for channel points while im fighting a boss. But I never miss a follow, subscribe, raids or bits because I have loud alerts to tell me when it happens. I think all streamers could appreciate the option to set a short sound alert for each channel point in the channel point edit selection. Like a box you can check to add an alert to that specific reward redemption so streamers dont have to go way back in chat or in the feed to look for them or in my case remind…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Reward Selection Popup is way too narrow to provide an overview of existing Rewards. On channel without Sub, I am able to see 3 in a row and 2 rows in total (with a minor cut already on the bottom). With a sub on a channel, the lower row is not readable anymore.

My suggestion is to
    a) make the popup simply bigger / higher. I've selected it, my intention is to view it, so make it viewable.
    b) make the popup resizable. There is no need to "find the perfect height" now. Let each change it to their…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. One in particular: "choose an emote to unlock". There is no clear definition. Are these only slotted emotes, or any of the ones you've uploaded in your library? Think they need to be better defined so creators know what it is they are activating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For some sorts of rewards, it would be convenient to allow someone to redeem the same thing more than once. If the user could choose a quantity, this would be extremely convenient and useful.

Example: Obtain tickets in a giveaway using channel points, for 100 points per ticket. Rather than have people spend 100 points at a time, spamming chat with each individual redemption, someone could choose to spend 1600 points for 16 tickets.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. There are quite a lot of issues that the mobile app has that are somewhat out of your team’s control, and I understand that. However, there are a few things that I think could improve the experience while using it. One of them is to add an option to display a small “claim points” icon in the corner when you have the stream in full screen. Currently, it’s easy to forget to claim the channel points every 15 minutes, mostly because you either have to be watching the stream vertically (which is suboptimal), or you have to have the chat…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow Editors to run POLLS and PREDICTIONS

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I do not participate in predictions and it's fairly annoying having to close it every time one pops up. Can we just add a "Don't Show" feature?

Along with that, a way for users to hide Leaderboards as well.

Options to turn off many things would be VERY nice, but i will start with these simple ones.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Predictions  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Count how many times the reward has been redeemed.
    (example) streamer drank water 123 times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The rate at which people earn points is extremely low. If a viewer were to follow a streamer, have a watch streak from watching 2 consecutive streams for 2 hours each, cheer, and actively click every chest that appeared, they'd be able to contribute the max amount of 2,000 to a community goal 1 time. Then have to consecutively watch more. That's a lot to just participate in a community and can deter people from using channel points. After the 1st cheer and sub of the month, channel point "income" dwindles. People have lives and a watch streak 4 or…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Since the bcaster has infinite channel currency in his/her own channel, there's no actual cost to unlocking modified versions of emotes - but it still has to be done, in your own channel. If I'm in another stream's chat and want to post the sunglasses version of an emote, I have to first go to my own chat, unlock it, and then come back. Please give broadcasters permanent access to the modified versions of their own emotes.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Currently, partners can offer tiered subs permanent access to 1-3 pre-chosen emote modifications, but the only way to have an option for channel point modifications (either affiliate or partner) is to allow anyone to modify any Tier 1 sub emote, and nothing else. It would make sense, and be easier to explain, if the "Modify one emote" option let you work with any channel emote you have access to, and nothing else.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to see a log of what I've spent channel points on, at least for larger redeems (> 10000 points for example), including the current status of the request (pending / fulfilled / refunded). Sometimes I spend a large number of channel points and it can take a while for the streamer/mod team to get around to fulfilling the request, for example adding a discord role for spending points.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I haven't seen this issue being talked about anywhere, the only related support page I found says that only tier 1 emotes are unlockable with points, animated emotes are tier 1 so we should be able to unlock them with channel points.

Also make tier 2&3 emotes unlockable with points too while you’re at it :)

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Right now, you are only able to create up to 50 channel point rewards per channel, which sounds like a lot, but it isn't. When thinking of people who use them as a fun way to interact with viewers, this puts a limit towards the creativity of that specific streamer. While using 3rd party apps and programs to manipulate and create really fun exp with Channel Points Rewards, you are able to do some amazing things that really give a personal face to your own stream! Would be awesome to be added with a group or folder kind of update…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Rewards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?