Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How about "legacy" emote slots?

If you have subbed for a year = you get an extra emote, 2years = a second emote etc.

You unlock them by either having a streak of 1 year/ 2 years etc (and then the user can keep using them even if they aren't subbed anymore. Just like unlocked bit emotes that stick with the user.)

Or unlock by being (with breaks, but in total) subbed 1 year/ 2 year etc and only get access to the emote when you are subbed.

Would be a cool reward for long time supporters.

Original idea by…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please remove the hypecreep emote.
    I have arachnophobia and I think I speak for all of us who have it that it creates unnecessary anxiety.
    I watch twitch to relieve anxiety and relax.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Hype Train Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. It would be cool if you could set a specific amount of time you have to have been followed in order to receive the follower emotes.

Similar to i.e. 10 minute followers only chat, the streamer could be given the option to set a time frame for how long someone has to have been followed to get the emotes! Even better so if you can decide it emote specifically

I think that could incentivize coming back to the channel and adds another reward to community members based on their time in the if the streamer so choses.

If the streamer…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When hovering over an emote in chat I would love to see listed information for the artist it was created by and their social media/ contact info.
    For that info to be easily clicked on to open new tabs to their Twitch channel and to their art social media/ contact info.

Also showing the emote at the largest size to see the emote's art more clearly, the emote's name, and the streamer's channel that it is uploaded to with that being clickable opening a new tab there.

I feel that emotes are a large part of Twitch and it's difficult…

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Many artists work hard on emotes for themselves or other streamers and so much detail is lost when sizing down to 28x28. It's incredibly disheartening. Please make 56x56 the minimum size and abolish 28x28 entirely.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I love the idea of follower emotes! I think it's great way to thank people for supporting the channel and dropping a follow! Personally though I think it would be great if they could be used in all twitch channels though instead of just my own twitch chat. I have raid emotes/heart emotes which I use when raiding and it would be nice if all my followers could have access to these emotes and use these during a raid so they can all use them instead of it feeling as more of a sub only emote. Aside from that great…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Each stream team can have 5 emotes and each one is unlocked by being a sub to a member of the team. Each new sub to a team member unlocks another emote. Collect all 5 and you unlock a 6th.

For example, if a creator joins a team that has a nice (animated?) raid emote, they can then move their raid emote out of a more prominent spot.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Follower Emotes upon Follow would mean you will get 500 emotes for following 100 channels. That's quite a lot of emotes.

It would be less overwhelming to create a small requirement that would unlock permanent Follower Emotes for free (using Channels points or after watching the stream for x amount of time for instance). Though this wouldn't be "Follower Emote" but more like "Loyalty Emote" at that point.

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Just as it says in the title, I think creators would love to have the option to take away Tier 2 and 3 subs to add two more emotes to Tier 1 subs. In my case, I’ve maybe had someone tier 2/3 to me 2-3 times each over the course of my 3 years of being an Affiliate. It’s only usually just once out of the blue, never continuous.

For my stream, I would rather add two more emotes to my first tier, totaling it to a maximum of 7 instead of 5 (for Affiliates) than have a tier 2…

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. i really like the NewRecord emote and would love to see it kept in global emotes

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I've noticed over my past while on twitch that there are pride emotes which is awesome. but ive noticed there is one missing, the gay one. the rainbow flag is now more used as a general lgbtq flag. there is a flag specifically for gay people which i feel should be added. here is a link to the flag https://imgur.com/a/SecDilX

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Give the viewer a bonus for sticking to a stream from start to finish. Reward them for watching the entire stream, even if they are lurking. This not only helps the viewer get emotes, it really helps affiliates like me who are basically stuck forever and never reaching partnership on twitch.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please give us more emote slots for people who gift subs to a channel! It's unfair that giving bits gives a user emotes, but people who prefer gifting subs, get nothing.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be nice for affiliates and partners to receive one extra emote slot per active(!) year streamed. If certain criteria are met, a streamer unlocks an emote slot. This way it offers a loyalty reward for the creator and is not easily obtained and also takes a long time to unlock. When a streamer takes a long break, they will not be eligable for an extra emote slot for that year, but they can try again the next streamed year. That way it becomes a bit more exclusive but a nice reward for consistenct creation on the platform.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You need to stop censoring my emotes; if you are going to have a political category, I should be allowed to have an emote of Trump's face. This is censorship at it's worst, you are a disgrace to the constitution if you continue this behavior. I am going to direct my followers to donate to me directly and not subscribe or use bits so you do not get any of the currency, because you do NOT deserve the currency from my followers if you let this continue. Disgraceful...

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. There is a certain emote that been very popular on Twitch with help of unofficial browser extensions and different sub emotes, people usually refer to it as AYAYA. It comes from 2013 anime Kin-iro Mosaic (きんいろモザイク) made by Studio Gokumi. So i think it would be great for community if Twitch would be able to get in touch with copyright-holders of this anime and get AYAYA emote to be official among other default Twitch chat emotes!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to see a queue number after submitting an emote for approval than just the word pending. I think more streamers would appreciate knowing where their approval is in line than wondering how much longer until I can use my emote.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Creator Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. In a perfect world, everyone would be friends and get along. However for various reasons people sometimes leave communities they have earned bit emotes in. Then the bit emotes remain forever as a constant reminder. People should have the ability to remove bit emotes from certain streamers.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bits Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The current pansexual flag emote was made by a bad person who believes in ideas that are lesbiphobic, biphobic, and panphobic. It’d mean the world if this could be changed for us. Thank you so much! And if you need to find the new flag to use, my twitter is @kayliii_boo and there’s a thread that includes it there!

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Global Emotes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to see the ability for affiliates and partners to have access to more emotes, but more than that I would like at least 3 new groups of emotes for people that are or are not subscribed to my channel.
    1. Emotes for Followers, but not a subscriber
    2. Emotes for VIPs
    3. Emotes for Moderators

This will allow for greater diversity and I believe will spread more awareness for affiliates/partners channel as more users will be using their emotes across the platform.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?