Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

619 results found

1. would be nice to be able to upload your own versions of these badges to fit a theme the broadcaster may have.

242 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Light and Dark mode are native features to Twitch but certain colours or designs don't translate well to both palettes unless you add a stroke, drop shadow or some kind of accenting design around the icon.

At 18x18 pixels that's a lot of real estate to lose at such a small scale..

My proposal is simple. Allow people to upload altered versions of sub icons that display well in Dark Mode.

I currently have a design I like but it can't work in both modes. If I were able to upload one with white portions and the other with black…

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allowing customization of the Founder Badge's appearance, like the Bit & Sub Badges, will let streamers make the badge better fit to the theme of their channel and less generic looking.

1,241 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A badge that shows who are the most active chatters of all time in your stream will be awesome. As chatters are so important to streamers, streamers really appreciate chatters. So there should be a badge that shows the top 10 most active chatters of all time. As this will highlight the people that are always engaging with the streamer and putting their time into your streams.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think the first 1st Sub badge is a really good idea, but i feel like there should also be a 1st follower badge to show the people that have been there since u have have started, so maybe a badge for the 10 or 20 followers of each channel to show that they have been supporting from the very beginning as maybe they are not to subscriber to show support but still followed u at the very start.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. hello, From being with twitch for 3-4 years i start to think maybe for twitch turbo and non twitch turbo we should have this emote XD as well with those other emote of the smiles and etc. Reason is most phones has that emote and other devices so why not have Twitch account Turbo and non Turbo have that emote too. i hope i am not alone with this idea and not alone who is thinking this too. B) B)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently the sets of emotes in the menu are locked into a specific order, which means you'll often need to waste time scrolling past emotes you'll never use in order to reach the ones you're looking for. The lists also aren't consistent across platforms; for example, my subscription emotes are directly below my recents on the desktop site, but are sandwiched between two sets of permanently unlocked emotes in the iOS and Android apps. (The ability to manually remove these permanent emotes from your account would also be nice.)

With the introduction of channel points and the ability to exchange…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Emotes to be used by Bots, with company logos like Twitter, Instagram, Discord, to support the transported messages.

Maybe also some other emotes (Twitch Prime, or Subways for next Subtember).

As there are some bots with regular Account names, it might be cool if a broadcaster can assign a bot role to a user, and this user can use the bot emotes.

Maybe limiting it to 3 bot users per Channel.

Maybe bot can be similar to mod role, just with the extention to use the emotes/icons.

Or: Allow all with mod-role to use this specific emote set.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Users are able to hide specific badges already (Twitch Prime, Turbo, Bits, ...) but what about Moderator Badges?

The reason for this suggestion:
    In smaller streams (new) chatters might get scared if moderators post messages.

So I see 2 potential ways this could be achieved:

1. Only visually disable the mod badge (keeping the moderation actions in-tact)
    2. Allow moderator to go into "non-moderation mode" - in this mode, the moderation actions are not available and they are like a normal chatter

In both cases moderators should still show up in the Moderator List (/mods).

Recently Twitch added a "Mod View" into…

534 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to see a queue number after submitting an emote for approval than just the word pending. I think more streamers would appreciate knowing where their approval is in line than wondering how much longer until I can use my emote.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. r9k mode
    follower mode
    subscriber mode
    emote mode
    slow mode

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If you gift 100 subs and they run out, your badge disappears forever unless you gift a sub every month. But if you gift 1 bit, in 5 years you will still have that (ugly) bit badge. That sounds unfair to me. Make the sub gift badges permanent, or make it so that it will stay 1 month for every sub gifted (so for 10 gifted subs get the 10 gift subs badge and keep it for 10 months).

726 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. (Sorry for my english I'm french).

Actually when a stream get a new emote slot, he can upload it and need to wait for the validation of the emote.

Would be better if we can uplaod emote and make it validate before we reach the goal. Like this you can validate emote more easily and streamer can offer the emote when the slot is free.

In fact having acces to the next slot of emote before reaching it to "prepare" it :) Of course chat can't use it until the slot is free.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I wanted to make a suggestion about the menu on the left side of the screen with all the people I follow. If you added my current subscription badge next to the channel name, it would catch peoples attention more and make them more involved in the channels they subscribe to (or got gifted subs). There have been many times that I even forgot that I had a subscription to a certain channel.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As a moderator, I find that commands are slow to type, and when an obscene message is posted, using a command to remove it is not ideal. However, I find that having mod icons enabled is also not ideal, since it takes up too much space in the chat and I do not trust my mouse, which sometimes jumps the cursor around... I'd rather not accidentally ban someone because of that. So my suggestion is to provide an option to have mod icons be available while holding a specific (configurable) key or key combination, such as Alt, Ctrl or Shift,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I believe that the Verified Badge is misinterpreted and should definitely be reworked. I am of the opinion that this badge is interpreted as a partner badge. Because currently only partners get this badge, this should be changed in my opinion. In fact users should also qualify for this badge if they are not a partner. So that also the following users are also eligible:

• Users who are Twitch Partners.
    • Users who are Twitch Affiliates.
    • Users who are Twitch Developers.

I mean: Users who have completed the onboarding, to confirm the identity. Furthermore you could confirm the identity at twitch…

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I wish Twitch would get rid of that single Tier 2 and 3 emote.
    I mean if you get like 400 subs all of them have 15 emotes anyways, but if they decide to pay double they only get one extra, or 5 times as much for 2 extra.

I think they should go with first 7 milestones you get Tier 1 slots (for a total of 10) and then on the 8th and 9th milestone you get a Tier 2 and Tier 3 slot respectively, then the next 5-10 milestones you get Tier 1 slots again, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add more VIP incentives starting with a customized chat badge in addition to Twitch's default and one emote slot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. twitch should let you pick your subscriber badge from any of the tiers you earned previously. like if you are a 1 month sub and they have a 1 month 3 month 6 month 1 year icon you should be able to pick any of them and not just be limited to the 1 month icon

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 4 votes

We're glad you're here