Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

617 results found

1. As a moderator, I find that commands are slow to type, and when an obscene message is posted, using a command to remove it is not ideal. However, I find that having mod icons enabled is also not ideal, since it takes up too much space in the chat and I do not trust my mouse, which sometimes jumps the cursor around... I'd rather not accidentally ban someone because of that. So my suggestion is to provide an option to have mod icons be available while holding a specific (configurable) key or key combination, such as Alt, Ctrl or Shift,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Role Badges  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You should add different tiers of the gift badge, like the bit badge. It currently shows the ammount of gifted subs already in the message in chat, but this should also be reflected in the gift badge.
    Do a score system, lets call it gift score, like following: $4,99 sub gives 1 point, $9,99 gives 2 points and $24,99 gives even 5 points, like you did it for the streamer with the sub score.
    Depending on the gift score give different badges. Maybe in steps like 3,5,10,25,50,100 etc...

Give the possibility to the streamer to upload their own gift badges,…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I wish Twitch would get rid of that single Tier 2 and 3 emote.
    I mean if you get like 400 subs all of them have 15 emotes anyways, but if they decide to pay double they only get one extra, or 5 times as much for 2 extra.

I think they should go with first 7 milestones you get Tier 1 slots (for a total of 10) and then on the 8th and 9th milestone you get a Tier 2 and Tier 3 slot respectively, then the next 5-10 milestones you get Tier 1 slots again, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add more VIP incentives starting with a customized chat badge in addition to Twitch's default and one emote slot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be awesome if Twitch allowed artists who design emotes for partnered streamers use them for free!

A suggestion is for Twitch to create the option for partnered streamers to specify which artist(s) created their emotes when they upload them which would then allow the artist to use those emotes on Twitch.

Benefits to this is that it would provide more exposure to both the streamer and the artist. The artist would get more promotion through sharing their created emotes on Twitch. Fans of the artist who enjoy their art style would be able to see which emotes the…

567 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Diamond's are ethically sketchy (see: conflict/blood diamonds).
    I have been given VIP in a few channels and it makes me feel uneasy as I have been boycotting diamonds for about 8 years now.
    Even the option to have diamond or hearts would be wonderful, similar to how you can choose to show Prime or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please allow the mod badge to be turned off / on like all other badges.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It's not fair that its only a seasonal emote when KappaClaus is still available in April.

I have needs.

Needs that can only be fulfilled by KappaEgg. Thank you.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have Twitch Partners be able to officially partner with each other and create a set of emotes that viewers can only access if they sub to both channels. Each Partner still has their normal emote set of course, but if you sub to both channel A and channel B you also get a few "AB" exclusive emotes. Unsubbing from either loses you access to the dual sub emotes.

Many pairs of Partners already have emotes of their own that combo well with each other, purposely. For example, two Partners have "wave" emotes that face each other to look like a…

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Channel Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When you click on someone's name in chat or visit their profile, there should be a section for showing all of the different sub badges that person has. Then, each one should be clickable and link to the streamer's channel.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Channel Badges  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. As a streamer I want to be able to give an "I was there LIVE" badge to current viewers of my stream.

Often something is accomplished live on stream that maybe significant to the respective community. By adding this badge it allows the streamer to 'officially' designate who was watching when that event occured.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. /u/copyrasta and /u/ajree210 from /r/hearthstone suggested a new emote: SherlockKappa. It's a Kappa with a cap and pipe, preferrably used as a detective and quest companion during searching for clues. Imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/ZLFK2ue.png

2,293 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Over time allow viewers to earn higher tier clip badges
    I.E Purple Clip Badge with Bronze Border 100 views over 4 clips in a single month
    Purple Clip Badge with Silver Border 200 Views over 6 Clips a month 3 months in a row
    Purple Clip Badge with Gold Border 500 views over 6 Clips a month in a 3 month period
    Purple Clip Badge with A platinum Border 1000 Views over 8 clips a month in a 6 month period

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Many of the most popular global twitch emotes are of people who streamed on twitch during it's infancy. However, many of these don't stream anymore or aren't even close to being one of the most popular channels. I think that it would be awesome if twitch tried to reach out to big streamers and try to create some high quality emotes with it's usefulness in mind. By this I mean it being visually appealing and it having a high usefulness.

It would be awesome if more of the emotes used in chat were of people who are relevant in the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. with 28x28 emotes you have to struggle to make something that looks good, a lot of good emote ideas have to be scraped because they don't look good at this size. I don't see how this could be a problem, 40x40 wouldn't ocupe much more size and emotes would look way better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Users will be able to purchase emotes in an "Emote Shop". Streamers can choose how much to charge for each of their emotes. The user can purchase emotes from various streamers and will be charged monthly for a one lump sum per month, 3 months, 6 months, or unlimited time price. This will encourage revenue for streamers from people that don't want to pay the full subscription price. This will also make people want to collect emotes from different streamers. Perhaps a trophy system of some sort could be included with this system to encourage people to buy more emotes…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Calling it something like "twitchNN", the net neutrality spinner could be used in general conversation to suggest that it's going to take time for your thought to finish, and to remind people that net neutrality is an important issue that needs to be defended.

Examples:
    Waiting on my pizza. twitchNN
    Considering your statement. twitchNN
    It might take me a while. twitchNN

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For partners & affiliates working with artists. It's often very difficult to tell if something will scale down well, look good in both default and dark mode, etc. I did find one tool to test emotes ( https://pajlada.se/projects/test-emote/ ), but it's extremely limited, doesn't offer dark mode, etc.

A preview platform in the upload window would be incredible.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow users to add shortcut names to their emotes, instead of trying to remember each partner emotes name or search all the emotes list. For example kpa=Kappa...

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. With all the new badges coming, and with the addition of the recent Affiliate badge, I suggest a special badge for the dedicated moderators of the community.

For example, if a user moderates a stream/stream in which the follower count reaches a certain number then the moderator would be given a special badge to signify that they're experienced mods, or if a person reaches a certain amount of commands made/timeouts made they're given the badge. Something like that.

I spend a lot of time moderating over 15 streams with 5,000+ followers each, and I'd love to have a cool badge…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?