Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. The DJ community regularly creates multi-DJ events ("Raid Trains") where DJs take turns doing a set for a predetermined amount of time and then raid the next channel on the schedule. These events can last anywhere from a few hours up to several days. Twitch needs a feature where a user could "follow" the raid train and allow them to pop in at any time. Currently, you'd have to know which channel in the raid train is broadcasting at the given hour, search for them and then join. In a 4-day raid train with 90 DJs, this can be a…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add the ability to filter criteria like stream language, stream category (game) and a viewer range to then click "Raid Random" and raid a random streamer matching these criteria. Therefore streamers can raid small streamers without needing to decide on who to raid and without needing to check the online streams list.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. once a raid is initiated by the streamer any streamers planning to raid in should be given a notification that the current stream they want to raid into is in the process of raiding another streamer.

this would help with instances of when someone raids into a stream that has already raided out leaving them in an empty chat.

possible solution: having a notification pop-up letting Streamer B know that Streamer A is currently in the process of raiding another person. accompanied with a button allowing Streamer B to "cancel raid" or "join the raid", which would let them group…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be nice to have the option to restrict raids from people based on the category they streamed in. That's it.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If I am choosing someone to raid at the end of my stream via the Dashboard, I think it should tell me if the stream that I'm about to raid is currently in follower-only or sub-only mode (i.e. in-line in the list as I search for them, or after already selecting them).

It can kill the hype of some raids if I'm already following or subbed to the streamer I'm planning on raiding and then the majority of my community can't type or join in the raid without following/subscribing.

It feels like a minor feature which would have huge impact…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. if a channel host raids another channel it will switch your url which will delete chat history as well some channels have "This room is in 10 minutes followers-only mode." so some raiders can't raid

1 having the option of turning off raids for a certain channel your in so you don't get auto switched or turning it off completely for all raids because maybe you like switching to a different channel then join a raid.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like an option that "Turns Off" the showing of how many Raiders have been brought in

I feel like putting a number of viewers to a Raid diminishes the Gesture.

Raiding someone with your community is an incredible gesture, with 10 or 10000 raiders. Having the option of turning off the display of how many Raiders are brought in would reinforce the strength of the gesture

Also, in some occasions ppl can be "embarrassed" to Raid if they feel their community aren't big enough

Perhaps we could have it set up where it shows the viewer in the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So many people don’t raid because they feel the number isn’t big enough. With bots you can edit the messages and remove the number of people raiding. My suggestion is to give people an option to remove the number of people that was raided in. It would help people feel more confident in raiding someone. Still say who raiders just remove the number of people.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Why do you punish large streamers with over 10k viewers that they can't raid? If it's a concern of overloading the viewer hosted, they can opt out if they don't want raids. If it's to avoid bots, maybe add a bot filter to weed out the bots so they get removed from the raid. If it's because the system can't handle that large of a raid, then perhaps upgrade the site's ability to handle it. In any case there are valid solutions that don't involve forcing a large streamer to tell their viewers who want to support the next stream…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option for aleatory raids with filters... Language, game or same public.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Raids are not taking significant amounts of viewers.

Instead they will stay in chat and see the hosted streamer there or just an offline page.

This should be fixed. Raiding is one of the best and only ways to network on twitch and this is causing it to fail creators.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have recently seen a new mass raid bot appear in the wild in multiple channels within days of each other, with 2 variations of either many hundreds of users or just 1. The only current way to 'solve' the issue is set raids to Network (friends, followed etc) or None (block), this does not give enough control though.

Issues:
    * Twitch posts a non-deleteable raid message
    * No control over mininum number of viewers in a raid

As a moderator I have no way to help the broadcaster in a situation in which a raid bot appears.

Solutions:
    *…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When ending stream and raiding another streamer, let us suggest or adjust the volume for everyone joined in the raid. I'd love to be able to raid and set everyone's volume to like 10% on the stream we visit. If they are awake, they can adjust it back themselves. If they are asleep, they won't be disturbed. (Maybe don't let the volume adjust take effect if the viewer has the stream muted already).

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. until now when a streamer raided a channel it would be hosted too, so if you arrived late or the raid failed for you(happens every time on mobile when watching/listening in the background) you could hit the join button on the hosted channel.
    with hosted channels, this is now gone.
    the hosting system is reduced to just suggested channels.

if a raid fails or if your arrive late to a stream there is now no way to even see who got raided and no way to join in unless you happen to remember the exact name of who got raided.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As some of you may have heard on Patch Notes, we're excited to announce the upcoming launch of new settings that will allow Creators to have additional customization over how they receive incoming raids. Here are the key features and changes you'll see upcoming in September:

• Tailor the min/max thresholds for viewers, based on your needs! If you have missed 1-3 viewer raids, you can now opt to see those notifications again!
    • Set up requirements based on (1) account age and/or (2) channel type. For example, you can choose to only allow raids from accounts you follow, etc.
    • Additionally, you…
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Genial el panel nuevo de control. Sería genail poder adaptar con plantillas variadas el diseño visual que ven los espectadores tal como ocurre en streamlabs o OBS. Por otra parte fomentar el RAID de canales pequeños y mantener la motivación de los streamers más pequeños con premios o recompensas de algun tipo. Por lo demás, Twitch ha cambiado mucho y ahora se configura y se maneja mucho mejor!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow us to click on the name of who we're currently hosting so that we can easily go to their channel from our stream manager.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. So what I was thinking is a setting in which the streamer could put down their raid message in a box and at any given time the streamer through, say the dashboard live tab, can switch on raid mode and it would pop up with a thing in chat that is maybe similar to the little message that pops up when the streamer starts a strawpoll in chat but, instead of it being a vote thing it is a place where people can see what the raid message is and click a little copy button to easily copy the raid…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A outgoing and incoming raid history would be super helpful. I tend to like to return the raid but often can not remember who I've raided recently and who has raided me.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As a small streamer, one great way to network and meet new people is via raiding. However, much of the time, raids are too small for some streamers and there is no notification of the raid in chat or via alert. This really devalues small streamers and gives us the impression that we are not worth recognition on Twitch. Small raids are still raids.

You might be asking, "well people who aren't live can just press the raid button, and it can be spammy." To this I'd say, if there was some recognition that an individual was live (ex. 1…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?