Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. What if @twitch communities could “Air Drop” Bits, Gift Subs, Donations etc. during a raid?

A Streamer starts a raid & a timer begins & the viewers from the channel raiding “Fill the Air Drop” (A Crate/Giftbox etc.) & AFTER the raid begins but BEFORE the support drops, Twitch sends an alert to the top of the chat of channel being raided indicating ”Air Drop Incoming!” w/ a countdown timer & pic/gif of the Crate/Giftbox w/ a parachute attached to it & when the countdown hits 0, ALL that support drops into the chat of the (small 🥺) channel being…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I've noticed that many streamers won't Raid even though it's good for the growth of other streamers and also Twitch by keeping people on the app longer and more likely to see more ads.

If they received income from the advertising, which they are sending people directly into advertising so they should benefit from that, they may be more likely to help everyone, too, as another incentive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Streamers should be able to restrict raids from recently created accounts (e.g., streamer-specified thresholds of 10 minutes, 1 day, 1 week, etc.)

This is useful to combat repeated harassment from people who create new accounts with inappropriate names to raid into channels (esp. of marginalized communities)

While restricting raids to only channels the streamer follows is a possible band-aid, this substantially hampers growth (i.e., cure is worse than the disease) when this account age restriction would solve the trolls we are currently receiving

119 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Wenn man zu einen Dj raiden möchte, der aber schon über seinen zeitplan ist muß man onchat fragen wie lang er noch on ist. hier wäre eine option (am besten bei den kanalpunkten) wo man einfach eine raidanfrage stellen kann

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I raid from the stream manager a lot of times, to quickly choose one of the people I follow. But in order to know for how long they've been streaming (and not raid someone that's about to end), I always need to open another tab, look for their stream, and check.

It would be very useful to have their uptime next to the amount of people watching them :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The DJ community regularly creates multi-DJ events ("Raid Trains") where DJs take turns doing a set for a predetermined amount of time and then raid the next channel on the schedule. These events can last anywhere from a few hours up to several days. Twitch needs a feature where a user could "follow" the raid train and allow them to pop in at any time. Currently, you'd have to know which channel in the raid train is broadcasting at the given hour, search for them and then join. In a 4-day raid train with 90 DJs, this can be a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The streamer who raids will appear highlighted or otherwise. They could appear with a box around their name as "first time chatters" do, perhaps denoted as "Recent Raider" or simply "Raider".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. As a small streamer, one great way to network and meet new people is via raiding. However, much of the time, raids are too small for some streamers and there is no notification of the raid in chat or via alert. This really devalues small streamers and gives us the impression that we are not worth recognition on Twitch. Small raids are still raids.

You might be asking, "well people who aren't live can just press the raid button, and it can be spammy." To this I'd say, if there was some recognition that an individual was live (ex. 1…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide a warning while raiding if the streamer being raided has follower only/sub only chat enabled. A couple of times, I have raided streamers that have follower only mode enabled, but because I was already following them, it was not obvious at the time. A lot of people get turned off by follower only mode, and it would be good to be warned of this before locking in the raid, and giving the opportunity to raid elsewhere instead

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When ever I have paused a stream, and left the tab open. It has every single time been irritating when i am raided into a new channel. Sometimes i am on mobile and use up all my mobile data without knowing, sometimes I pause a stream and leave the PC before i go to bed, and then wake up because i've been raided into some stream. Or im inside a game and i don't know where the sound is coming from and have to go through my 20-30 some tabs in the middle of a game.

When I have paused…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Popular streamers instructing their viewers to go grief another streamer should be means for at least a suspension, & in some cases a permanent ban. I'm using hal as an example because he's a big streamer & its a recent one. TSM_ImperialHal had his chat go and grief another streamer over his appearance because he landed on him in a video game. He stopped his stream & they started attacking the guys girlfriend. There wound up being death threats sent to the poor guy. No action taken against hal. Its the most petty & childish thing but it happens regularly…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make raids only accessible to affiliates and partners of Twitch.

This will help counter the current hate raid issues.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Almost every streamer has at least once forgotten to stop the stream after a raid.
    It would be great to stop the stream after a raid.

This probably needs to be done in collaboration with OBS / StreamLabs...
    They control the streaming status, but I suppose Twitch could stop the stream even if OBS is still sending data.

As a developer, I could write a bot that detects a raid and stops my stream using OBS Websocket. I suppose it shouldn't be that hard to make in built-in in Twitch somehow ?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to raid a fellow streamer and have your cam feed displayed on their channel. Obviously with the raided streamer being notified the the “raider wants to share their cam” which can be accepted or denied or auto set to only allow cam raids from those you know or over a certain number of viewers raiding only visible for a certain amount of time etc. This would be a great benefit to introduce the streamers to not only each other but other viewers too. So much better than the raider being restricted to chat only. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. A suggestion would be to put a temporary icon identifying the user as the stream raider next to their username in the chat of that stream that lasts for several chat messages/set time period and then disappears. This can be used to give extra visibility in the chat for the raiding streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When someones banned from multiple channels, and than when someone hosts or raids that person id like it to auto opt me out of that. Its just depressing. I think people mess up and shouldn't need reminded everyday of that one bad day.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Raids are to turn the viewer on to relevant content, not watching a streamer gratuitously raid their lover. Limit raid repeats so raids are for viewers and other streamers, and not the raider and his *** life.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Me hicieron una raid de 1503 espectadores que me hizo muchísima ilusión. El problema es que las estadísticas dicen que como máximo he tenido 800 personas y no es así.
    No se si cuenta la media desde la raid a los minutos de antes y tal pero me gustaría que se desbloquease el logro La gente me conoce IV que se consigue teniendo 1000 espectadores a la vez.
    Muchas gracias.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. En el tema de las raids, como futuro streamer, saber de alguna forma si ha sido suspendido por un tiempo, al que le envió mi comunidad, por ser tóxico, injurias en redes, etc. Antes de ejecutarla, por ejemplo, un mensaje : Recomendable, poco recomendable, no recomendable. Sería una forma de seguridad. Gracias por su tiempo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?