Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

102 results found

1. Streamers should only be able to raid other Streamers with fewer followers.

This should help boost smaller streamers, allow them a chance to gain more attention and the possibility to get new followers.

Discoverability on Twitch is terrible, I think this feature would certainly help smaller streamers.

I always see really small streamers who raid a streamer thats much larger than them and it doesn't help the large streamer, or the small streamer grow their channels.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The request is to give Twitch viewers an account option (intended for Broadcasters and their moderators to use while browsing) which allows you to see/Display and Filter your searches for other streams on "Channel raidability" information from the regular Directory pages on Twitch while browsing and searching for streams based on various combinations of Tags and Game category.

Also expand the /streams API endpoint to indicate whether Live streams' allow raids by the specified broadcaster, And if so.. what the minimum and maximum number of viewers are and what their restriction options are in order to raid.

Basically provide a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the stream automatically end when the raid moves to the next channel. Or at least make it a setting where the default is the stream ends after the raid. End awkward AFK streams of streamers who don't realize the stream is still running.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can you please explain your reasoning for the choice to make raiders not count as true viewership and how you suggest smaller facets of streaming like small art categories such as the miniature painting streams, who make up a large portion of streams but do not draw massive viewership because of the niche market, yet we struggle to meet your hidden criteria for partnership. What does it actually take to get partnership and how can you help those of us in smaller communities to reach partnership? Also, when the select few of us in smaller communities reach the 75 concurrent…

196 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have an option for recommended channels to raid.

Reduces raid search time. Increases algorithm connections for possible stronger community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. In the Creator Dashboard create a setting that allows the incoming Raid chat accouchement to be Broadcaster/Mod View only, or auto replaced by a /Shoutout prompt.

If you are a Broadcaster, who has no Raid limits set (because that choice is anti-Discoverability for a growing channel) then there should be other safeguard options in place to help with 1-10 viewer Raids which may entirely be coming from Offline channels.

So, to help with excessive chat spam and keep chat focused on it own conversation flow, there should be an option to mark Twitch genenerated chat messages as Broadcaster/Mod view only.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The Picture-in-Picture button does not work if I'm sent from one stream to another (being a raider).

For example:
    If the query ?referrer=raid is included in the URL and I click on the Picture-in-Picture mode nothing happens. If I remove the query, go to the URL, and click on the Picture-in-Picture button everything works as expected.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. If I am choosing someone to raid at the end of my stream via the Dashboard, I think it should tell me if the stream that I'm about to raid is currently in follower-only or sub-only mode (i.e. in-line in the list as I search for them, or after already selecting them).

It can kill the hype of some raids if I'm already following or subbed to the streamer I'm planning on raiding and then the majority of my community can't type or join in the raid without following/subscribing.

It feels like a minor feature which would have huge impact…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Seeing how raiding is slowly becoming more prevalent than hosting, I would like to see a Raid button added to each creator's channel, much like there is a Host button in place. Currently, if a streamer wants to start a Raid on another channel, that streamer has to do it from his/her own channel/dashboard page, and there's no way to know what the recipient is actively doing unless the streamer pulls up the recipient's page. It would be nice to be able to pull up the recipient's page and click a single button to start the raid countdown (clicking twice,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Le concept est plutôt simpliste, ce serais de proposer aux streamers la possibilité de faire un raid ou un host à une personne aléatoire ( exemple /raid [nationalité]Random ) .

Imaginons, un streamer français fini sont live et veut faire un raid, il ne sait pas qui raid et pour ne pas faire de jaloux en choisissant parmi ses viewer , il lance la commande " /raid FR RANDOM " et cela va choisir un streamer français parmi toutes les catégorie.

Cela permettrai de découvrir parfois des pépites que l'on aurait surement jamais rencontrer en cherchant par sois même.

je…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I think this happens because the viewer is say 5 seconds behind the live stream, but when the streamer starts the raid, it switches channel immediately, before their stream finishes.

The result is: The viewer doesn't hear what the original streamer says at the end of their stream. It jumps to the raid before they have finished saying goodbye!

For a smoother viewing experience, I suggest delaying the viewer's switch to the raided channel, to account for their delay, so they get to see the end of the original stream.

(This won't really affect the arrival, since raided channels don't…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Wenn man zu einen Dj raiden möchte, der aber schon über seinen zeitplan ist muß man onchat fragen wie lang er noch on ist. hier wäre eine option (am besten bei den kanalpunkten) wo man einfach eine raidanfrage stellen kann

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I've noticed that many streamers won't Raid even though it's good for the growth of other streamers and also Twitch by keeping people on the app longer and more likely to see more ads.

If they received income from the advertising, which they are sending people directly into advertising so they should benefit from that, they may be more likely to help everyone, too, as another incentive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I have insomnia and fall asleep to streams regularly. The difference in setups for streamers can make for a wide range of max volumes. This morning because of a raid I was woken up and cannot get back to sleep.
    All I'm suggesting is a toggle to turn off being thrown into a raid in case of falling asleep watching a stream.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As title, viewer count isn't representative of chat count. Because of that Raids are usually smaller than the viewer count shown on stream. It'll help in some data analysis for some streamers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. As a small streamer, one great way to network and meet new people is via raiding. However, much of the time, raids are too small for some streamers and there is no notification of the raid in chat or via alert. This really devalues small streamers and gives us the impression that we are not worth recognition on Twitch. Small raids are still raids.

You might be asking, "well people who aren't live can just press the raid button, and it can be spammy." To this I'd say, if there was some recognition that an individual was live (ex. 1…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I been seeing a ton of people raiding under 5 viewers as due to a recent change, they don't show up. I feel that that little action that says "all raids " in the settings under channel should be all raids, not only 5 or more ( if it is gonna be 5 or more maybe make it a setting "5 or more raiders" . I feel streamers should be the one to choose if this is a change is something for their channel.

That's my personal opinion I just feel horrible not seeing someone raid when and due to…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Raids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Set an automatic timer to raid to another channel

Or have a raid list of friends who are live to just click on to raid

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Why do you punish large streamers with over 10k viewers that they can't raid? If it's a concern of overloading the viewer hosted, they can opt out if they don't want raids. If it's to avoid bots, maybe add a bot filter to weed out the bots so they get removed from the raid. If it's because the system can't handle that large of a raid, then perhaps upgrade the site's ability to handle it. In any case there are valid solutions that don't involve forcing a large streamer to tell their viewers who want to support the next stream…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?