Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Creators and Stream Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Creators and Stream Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

262 results found

1. I would like to see an achievement system for affiliates and partners. Like if you stream every day for about 3 hours, you should get more space in terms of more bitrate or emote slots

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Once upon a time there was a news section in twitch by streamers, but that's a bit of a different feature. I think stories are a very good tool for communicating with followers, at the very least I will be able to do without extraneous social networks for this purpose.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Current chapter system is great, but it's only useful when you play multiple games during one stream. But what should streamers do if they play only one game per day, but have several matches or different gamemodes? My idea is to add new feature similar to /marker feature that adds new chapter into recent broadcasts video, because it seems that "chapter" is not the best name for game change. I know that it's probably a useless feature, but it seems that it doesn't break the logic of existing chapter system and that recent broadcasts are more popular than highlights (and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add option for us to stream music to a parallel stream, so that viewers can choose if they want to listen to it or not (and also let them manage the music volume).

Could maye also be used for voice chat, and let viewers decide if they want to listen to voice chat or not

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I think a great way of helping the community grow and helping people grow is by adding the option to stream together on the same screen. By inviting a channel to stream with you on your channel, you, in turn, stream on their channel as well and you end up sharing viewership and growing together with your friends. A great way of doing it is by looking at the multistre.am website and going to layout 4, or by joining both chats together so that both you, and your partner can interact with the chat together without having the problem of…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I think the Disconnect Protection feature is a life saver in a lot of situations - but there are times where the current 90 seconds is not enough to recover.

In a case where a computer blue screens, it feels like a race to reboot, load up the streaming software and continue the stream.

Modems that also need a reset can take 2-3 minutes to connect online, and many routers (at least that I've owned) take a long time to restart and give online access again too.

A 5 minute window would make the recovery process a lot less stressful.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Streamers should get notifications when their MODs or VIPs enter their chat.

This enables the streamer to give recognition as well as take solace in knowing that the chat is being monitored.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have a mid tier, the requirements to join partner are very high but lock sooo many features and sub badges with that i suggest a middle tier witch could have a minimum followers of 100, viewer average of 12-20 or smthn along those lines and give those people the ability to squad stream & unlock more emotes without being a partner.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Pre-roll video after the pre-roll Ad

This is important to discuss. With the way the web is with not only sponsored content that needs to be clear and unavoidable for all viewers on the platform that need to know that something is sponsored. We need this feature to protect creators from US law makers that enforce and create policy changes month by month. I would like a feature that after the pre-roll ad. I can place a short video before the stream appears informing the viewer that the stream has sponsored content. That the stream is not safe for audiences…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I think twitch should come up with a way for viewers to earn currency of some sort to donate to the stream for them to get more viewers similar to how mixer does with what they call sparks. I feel it would be nice for small streamers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some streamers have sub cams that only subs can see, and the streamer has to open another stream in a different account. And to be easier, it would be good a popup for sub cam.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. streamers can party stream with other streamers so the community can see everything that is happening, can we make a way for the community to do the same.
    i have several streamers that i watch and a few of these streamers come on at the same time.
    so having the ability to watch all of these streams all at the same time will help me keep up with the streamers i like.
    it can be just like the streamer version of a party stream, but the users add who they want to there party just to watch.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Some games have long waits or queue times, allow streamers to set a main game and a side game

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. My suggestion is to create an "Active Followers" statistic which tracks the number of followers who have re-visited a channel in the past 30 days that can be understood as a single number and discussed as the more important number, for example "The channel you are watching has 1000 followers, 200 of them active".

Currently: the bare count of a channel's followers provided is not as helpful as it could be.... does not help communicate to streamers and their viewers how well channel is doing with building and maintaining a community, as the bare Follower count includes people who followed…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So when will I will able to change my mod icon colour

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know there has been a lot of talk lately regarding trolls making several accounts to harass streamers during a single livestream. I think I may have come up with the solution on how to fix this problem. I know Twitch has "Community Moderators" which work for Twitch and can moderate channels (in addition to your channel's moderators). I think affiliates and partners should get a "Request Community Moderator" Button they can press while they are live (the button would not be clickable while after 5 minutes of going offline) that would notify a Twitch Community Moderator currently online that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. You could add a small digital clock for the streamer to enable or disable. This clock could show the viewer, the streamer's local time. So when the streamer says they will be back online at 7pm. We can tell how many hours that is for them and then for us. You could also put the viewer's local time there too so you can even tell how far apart the times are. We watch too many streamers from all over the world to keep track of their time zones.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I sometimes watch these streamers play and work but when they start getting angry and hitting things and breaking stuff like monitors and keyboards I think they need somewhat a cool down from streaming like a timeout or something or send them to pay for anger management class

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a filter to see streamers of a single country and also give streamers option to place a "Button" to show their country of origin and that same button when clicking on it will link to the Browse section of the chosen country and/or open a new tab doing the same process.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Give option to streamers to nominate users who could end their stream remotely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?