Create option to hide whispers box and black bar in Theatre Mode
Currently, if you set it to theatre mode and hide chat, there is still a black bar at the bottom of the screen because of the whispers box. This is a waste of space and bad design.
Allow users to hide the whispers button and return the theatre mode to the entire window screen size like it was in the past. Perhaps only show the whispers button if chat is shown.
It seems that Twitch has now removed the black whisper bar at the bottom both on the website and in the (Windows) app. So my described workaround is no longer necessary.... However, I'll leave it online in case anyone still sees it. In that case, feel free to whisper me on Twitch so I can help you.
If someone is looking for a solution here: The black bar at the bottom of the Twitch app and website can be temporarily hidden with the developer tools.
1. Open a stream in theatre mode.
2. Press F12 (or Ctrl+Shift+I on Windows and Linux or Cmd+Opt+I on macOS) to open the developer tools.
3. Go to the "Elements" tab and press Ctrl+F to open the search field.
4. Search for "-whispers" and click on the code block with the highlighted search result.
5. Go to the "Styles" tab.
6. Find the line "bottom: 4rem;" and change it from "4rem" to "0rem".
7. Close the Developer Tools.
Hopefully, the whispers bar should now remain hidden until the next start / reload of the app or website. :)
I hope this helps others. If you have any questions or problems, please don't hesitate to contact me on Twitch.