Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

76 results found

1. I would like to not run ads at all. I get that streamers get revenue, but its so small to me, that it doesn't really matter. I, like a few people I've interacted with, directly or indirectly, feel like the random roll of ads (sometimes a 3 minute ad will roll) deters new viewers from sticking around longer to find if they like the streamer. There are some people who just aren't "on" for the entire stream and it takes a good 2 minutes for an interesting topic to come up, but when you already say through ads, you decide…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Ads Manager  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. In the Ad Scheduler (Until you have the ability to actually Manage Ads then this feature needs to be Renamed) there should be an option to choose which type of Ads your channel shows, ie Lower Thirds, pic-in-pic, display or audio.

For example most Broadcasters may actually be open to showing 22min/hour of ads (current max setting in scheduler) if those 3mins of ads every 8min on stream were lower thirds ads that didn't block access to viewing the stream or listening to its audio.

Then in the Scheduler which you could now call a Manager, show what the potential…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For a lot of games 1 hour or less ad intervals are inadequate and irreparably break the flow and energy of many streamers.
    Many streamers operate on doing intermissions after ~2 hours, which is a good time for ads without obstructing the viewers ability to watch. Midrolls inherently prevent the viewer from watching the stream, and within the time a midroll plays countless people miss key moments in streams which are the highlight of why they watch in the first place.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Give us the ability to view what ads our channel is likely to run and blacklist ones we don't want associated with our channel

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hello Ad Manager
    I am a fine artist, painting in watercolour as LorrainePaints. I am steadily growing my stream thanks to my son Grathwrang. Although Twitch is geared up for gamers (this is obvious) it is an excellent social media site for lots of artists. It is unfortunate that this has not dawned on your management. So I challenge you to find sponsorships that suit the many artists on Twitch. It is extremely costly to buy the tons of supplies necessary to 'perform' on a stream. How about finding someone to help support us, like a major art supplier (Winsor…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. From the latest blog post: "First, we’re updating the way disabling pre-rolls works for channels. Running three minutes of ads per hour in any way will disable all pre-rolls — they no longer have to be split into 90-second ads every 30 minutes."

I feel like this is not enough. I dislike pre-roll ads on Twitch, both as a viewer and as a creator, because they discourage checking out new channels. I understand that ads are necessary for Twitch, but they're not necessary for me, so I suggest giving creators four (or more) options:

• 180 seconds of ads/hour with a…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If a scheduled ad is going to run right after a raid, there should be a way for Ad Manager to automatically delay the ad run by an amount of time (5-10 minutes), so the raiders have an opportunity to see the streamer before that ad break.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I think streamers should be making more for ads that are run. 3.50 isn’t enough for 1,000 views most ppl are just starting out and it’s not fair to them to not even get 1000 views.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add an alert to the alert system streamers can configure that will kick off a use-defined period of time before a scheduled ad break begins. That way everyone knows without doubt that a break is about to happen. The streamer can pause or at least be aware that the ads are happening and people are missing content, and the experience will improve for everyone. Streamers who don't want the alerts could simply not use them, of course.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Can we please have a grace period of at least a few minutes before automated ads run again after the stream crashes? It is highly annoying when the scheduled ad sequence starts from scratch and messes up the whole timing of breaks, not to mention how annoying it is for non-subbed viewers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. i work to get affiliate, then get told if i run ad's i'll get paid for them... where the F is my ad revenue? cause i've run ads according to you system and have been paid 1 time, and that was on a stream i didn't have ads activated for. so should i just stop running ads to get ad revenue?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Steamers should be able to toggle ads on their streams instead of being forced to have ads that they might not want or even profit from

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Que a los streamers principiantes les dejen poner anuncios

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch should allow streamers to decide if ads for products like alcohol, nicotine/tobacco, and gambling can be shown on their channel. If we could opt out of these types of ads, Twitch could still play other ads at the same spot. If not, Twitch could write into the opt-out terms that we just earn less when an ad spot is 'skipped' due to opting out of addiction-triggering ads.

I want to create content that is safe from triggering addiction and adjacent behaviors/impulses, but this does not mean I only want to make kid-friendly content.
    This feels impossible to do when…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a chat command to snooze the automated ad run "/snooze" and also tie snoozing automated ads into the API so that external bots can control how often they can be snoozed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I am normally playing my games when the mid-rolls start. I only have a singular screen for the moment as well, so I am using my phone to help me with managing chat and other things.

But despite having a stream manager on the mobile app, the ads countdown, nor do the ads pop up on the phone. I'd like for the ads tier, and the ad break countdown to appear in the mobile app.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think there is nothing as annoying as 90 seconds of adverts in the middle of a broadcast while watching a broadcast. 8 10 15 seconds of adverts have a certain acceptability, but 90 seconds should be a joke. turbo can be purchased to avoid this, but it should be subject to regional pricing. 7 dollars is definitely not a suitable figure for watching a broadcast. many tv platforms are cheaper than this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I left an ad to finish by itself by opening a different tab. I go back to the twitch vod and another ad pops up right after... I do not think it's the streamer's fault. It's genuinely twitch with their interesting ad placements in vods...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When collaborating with other streamers it would be great to be able to sync ad managers to run the ad spots at the same time on each stream so the streamers can plan the same breaks at the same time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, Twitch themselves control when and where the ads appear in VOD's. The issue with that is that Twitch doesn't know where is the appropriate place to place said ads. It should be left to the user, as they can more appropriately place them, as to not disrupt the flow. Just tell the user how many ads and they can place them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?