Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

218 results found

1. If you're going to barrage with ads using the same depressing, awful ad on repeat makes Twitch unwatchable altogether. You have to at least select some variety and some entertainment or creative value. And nothing that is an ideological push.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I live in Toronto, Ontario. I am 25 years old and have/had suffered from bulimia in my lifetime. I do not feel like is a unique issue, especially considering the demographic on this website. I do not know why or how, the GO Train ad go approved for this website. I would really appreciate not seeing that while I am trying to feel comfortable and safe.
    The ad is just very insensitive for people with eating disorders. It is also a known fact that hearing or seeing other people vomit, induces vomiting. Why would that ad be made then, what…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I'm not sure this is the right place but I need to put this out there. There is a specific, local, ad that plays during every ad break. This ad includes multiple people pretending to vomit. It's so disgusting that I have to mute whatever I'm watching as the sound is actually stomach turning and it continues throughout the whole ad. I get the point, but it's gut wrenching. Any option that will allow me to NOT see this ad again (I've already subbed all I can lol) would be great but I can't seem to find anything like 'don't…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Audio ads less disruptive. I am never going to reply to an ad, I am FORCED to listen to dozens of times. I already buy cheetos, I shouldn't have to listen to that music countless times an hour. It makes me mute ALL ADS. Find another revenue stream. It is ******* people off.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Remove Neekolul from Amazon Music Advertisements and Twitch in general. I just received an ad on a Twitch channel for Amazon Music that had Neekolul promoting it. Why is she being given business opportunities by Twitch/Amazon? She was charged with Domestic Assault in 2018 (https://www.sportskeeda.com/esports/abuser-playing-victim-neekolul-s-domestic-abuse-story-backfires). I don't even know why she is allowed to continue streaming. It seems like there are double standards.

I'd like a reply to this. PLEASE VOTE THIS TO GET THEIR AWARENESS

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just because I live in Canada, does not mean I speak that language. I heavily dislike that you guys force these horrible ads on us.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. There are ads among us with so much flickering, strobe-lights, flashing and contrast switches, colour switches, rapid flash explosions, and ridiculously loud and sudden noises, that it becomes dangerous.

It is unfair to streamers when they can not control the ads that play, and then in their safe community someone gets hurt in their stream because of automatic random ads triggering epilepsy.

When someone is hurt or killed by ads in someone's stream, that streamer often takes on the unfair guilt when they learn of it later on from the person's friends or family.

Here is my solution:
    Imagine someone…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A lot of gambling streamers are abusing the rules by spamming for example WWWWWWW before #ad to not show the necessary #ad on their stream title.
    If Twitch is not going to do anything about gambling streams you should at least make sure viewers know that the streamer is payed by the company to get them addicted.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The audio at the end of the Adobe ad is so loud and choppy it is really annoying. Lowering the volume shows that it is the audio of the ad that is messed up, not based on volume.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I believe there is a lot of real estate to be used for ads that is not nearly as disruptive as ones that block out the stream. What if there was an OPT-IN option for affiliates and partners for them to be able to place an "ad panel" into their about section.

This panel would have a few preset sizes (from the most common panel sizes) that the streamer could use and place amongst their other information. It is an area viewers will occasionally look for information, but it would not be blocking the actual content or covering up anything.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. MANY PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY LEFT TWITCH AND MOVED TO FACEBOOK GAMING DUE TO YOUR MULTIPLE ADS MONEY MAKING SCHEME, BETWEEN 3 AND 8 ADS AT A TIME IS CRAZY, GO BACK TO 1 AD OR YOU WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE STREAMERS AND VIEWERS, INCLUDING MYSELF, WHICH WILL INCLUDE CANCELATION OF PRIME

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It's kind of stupid to run ads in a language I don't understand or from a country I don't live in. I neither buy products abroad nor watch movies in a language I do not understand. Finally stop sending advertisements based on IP address when my language is on my profile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I find myself going into someone's stream and instantly leaving when having to wait for an add to play. We live in a "now" type of world and I find this to be unattractive to the person using the twitch platform as well as the person streaming.

I would recommend waiting for the ad to be in place after a certain amount of time watching the streamer rather then the add playing instantly when then link is opened and someone is trying to engage.

Thank You,

EmeryTime

twitch.tv/emerytime

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I don't think this is the correct place to post the bug, but on firefox I have had an issue trying to watch a streamer where you will serve me an ad and then refuse to let the ad play. Thus I am locked out of the stream because it repeatedly serves another ad that doesn't play if I hit refresh. I hear that advertisers prefer their ads to be played too.

I don't think this is the correct spot to be posting this, but when I tried to go through your help section it felt very clunky and all…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. :( Either don't let horror movie ads on the platform or let people block them! When I'm watching a cozy stream before bed and suddenly get greeted with an ad of people SCREAMING and all kinds of blood and gore it's AWFUL and it makes me want to stop watching completely! I've had this experience tons of times, but today it was the Immaculate movie ad.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Lately, Twitch has been "What channel do I want to be given ads for Simulator". It's impossible to switch streams without being bombarded. When attempting to watch one specific stream, good luck.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have seen many unengaged creators using artificial mechanisms to earn money with ads. In addition to being an unfair way, this can cause problems for Twitch by taking money from ads without having the audience to do so. Today there are many mechanisms that appear to be authentic public but are not. With Moss.gg for example. Lives by creators who are part of this type of "networking" often have dozens or even hundreds of people watching them, but they do not represent a real community. This is easy to see when you see that there is no engagement in…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BASTA YA DE METER 1000 ANUNCIOS CADA 2 MINUTOS Y EN LOS MOMENTOS DEL STREAM QUE MAS OS INTERESA. ES ABUSIVO Y DENOTA QUE TENES ALGUNA MANERA DE COMPROBAR QUE HACEMOS LOS USUSARIOS, SI ESTO SIGUE ASI VOYA DENUNCIARLO

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Too much advertisement when watching stream, especially 3 min long.I have encountered it three times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?