Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

124 results found

1. Streamers should have the ability to opt-out of certain ads, particularly military recruitment ads. Some creators may have a younger audience. The streamer should reserve the right to protect that audience. The military ad complex is already vast and has deep roots within Twitch. If a streamer does not want that sort of content on their channel, they should be able to block it. Additionally, this option should be able to be seen publicly. Parents who check their children’s activity might want to be able to know a streamer opts out of Military recruitment ads targeted at minors.

330 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

35 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My friend just watched a vod and got an ad that made it seem like a kid committed suicide with their parent's gun. I'm assuming this was some kind of ad to promote gun control. Regardless of your political view, putting an unskippable ad with that kind of content is not something that should be allowed for a widespread audience.

Either those kinds of ads should not be allowed at all, or we should be given more control over what ads we would like to see on the platform.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ads playing immediately upon trying a new channel is a bit frustrating. I usually just turn off Twitch and go to YouTube or somewhere else because of how Twitch does ads immediately upon attempting to watch a channel. Just letting you know that it's pretty invasive and I, personally, actively never purchase anything from an advertisement that annoys me... and your ads annoy me constantly because of their placement.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As rich as Amazon is you do not need commercials as much as you show them in streams and obviously your not going to get rid of ads. Find a way to show ads where it will not interrupt stream watching. Maybe a tiny box with an ad in stream where is someone is interested in the ad they can click on it. This way you get a true click number for you data. But I guarantee you that your numbers will be low because people cannot stand commercials. Watching these ads pop up ****** people off . Why do…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Maybe add more ads i don't know but stop spam the same one for days or weeks this can't be benefic for you or the compagny that bought these ads. Swaping stream and seeing the same ad again and again with a too loud volume is very harrasing

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am a former Alcohol abuser and I really don't appreciate the recent trend of literally every collection of ad's for some of my streams contain ads for alcohol. It seems 1, like a waste of ad space for me, and 2. an annoyance and reminder of a temptation i don't want or need.

It would just be nice to be able to just block ads for drugs/alcohol.

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Ad Specific Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The fact that I have to sit through a 30-second to a 2-minute ad break before even seeing what the streamer is doing destroys browsability for your website generally at best, and will systematically hurt and snuff out small streams at worst. An ad-free 30-second buffer when entering a stream would allow the user to find what content they would enjoy before having their experience invaded. This idea also benefits the website's bottom line by helping retention of unsubbed viewers by offering them content rather than spam upon arrival to the site which improves retention and optics.

In short, ads…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As we know, ads are common on any platform and I understand they're a primary source of income. Generated for both parties (twitch, and content creators) and is evenly split between both parties. However, sometimes these ads are intrusive and lead to a reduction in viewer retention.

While the viewers suffer from advertisements but also streamers, streamers stream for 4 hours a day, sometimes every day, and some stream more. That's a part-time job, and some aren't gaining anything out of it. I, myself am a streamer and try to stream 5 days a week, but I find it very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a feature where it announces upcoming ads in the chat as an optional feature so users can enable or disable it.

For people with 1 monitor like myself, I have no idea when ads are coming. I can talk though the ads (as they aren't short) and I have no idea no one can hear me.

I, and many others with a single monitor, use SLOBS chat overlay to see chat or other programs that overlay the chat.

If ads could be announced in the chat such as "ad coming in 10s" or something like that, the host could…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ads are constantly playing every time I change publishers. It's getting annoying to watch the same ads over and over. Most of the time, when I'm bored, I go to twitch and when I click on the first broadcast, I immediately close twitch. I've been encountering advertisements a lot lately, now I use twitch less. Yayının ilk 5 dakikasından sonra reklamlar gösterilmeye başlıyor. Bir yayıncı seçip izlemeye karar verdiğimde, reklamları görmek sorun olmayacak. Önce hizmetten faydalanmak sonra Twitch'e reklam ile katkıda bulunmak gerekiyor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. If you are going to play ads every time I try to open a stream then at least put a bit of variety. I have gotten the same ad 12 times in a row.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hi. I would really love it (being that you earn millions and are backed by Amazon with insane profits) if you would display even more adverts on your site. I mean, I like an advert - but what I really want is to sit through at least 5 minutes of adverts before even getting to watch a stream. Maybe also, and I know this is a big ask, but if you could stop a stream every other minute and show a minute of adverts too? That would be golden. Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have intense anxiety and suffer from chronic nightmares; not being able to safely peruse twitch is greatly affecting my safety as a user. Add an option to filter/opt out of triggering ads, or at least implement a way to report distressing ads. This would improve the user experience for people with anxiety, PTSD, paranoia, and even those who prefer family friendly streams. Not having this as an option is ableist and alienating a large portion of your user base.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm sure that I'll get a form letter of some type for this submission.

It is well established that Ad Partners pay good money for running Ads on the Twitch platform.

It is also known that almost, and I mean almost, everyone hates ads. Even as a streamer, ads running cause a loss in viewers.

As of today, any time an ad runs, I will close Twitch and go watch something else, somewhere else. The ad will remind me of this new idea and eventually, I will simply just not open the webpage.

Thank you.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Streamers who have tagged their channels as "family friendly" should be configured to block adult ads. In particular, ads promoting alcohol.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The first time I reported this ad (months ago when first seen) it was removed for me and it's returned, however won't go away with the report function. The constant advertisements with "suicide" are extremely off-putting and destroying my positive user experience.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I clicked the red x in my browser and did something else instead, No way am sitting through 3 ads!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently twitch is forcing me to view 5 ads whenever I click on a stream.

This is turning me off watching completely, as these ads last for 5 minutes.

I think we can agree that it is crazy to expect a viewer to wait for 5 minutes before they can see the stream and decide if they want to continue watching.

This is currently making it impossible for me to browse streams.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Just because I live in Canada, does not mean I speak that language. I heavily dislike that you guys force these horrible ads on us.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. If I'm distraught enough by an ad to make the effort to mark it as offensive, I never want to see nor hear it ever again ONCE, instead of being repeatedly submitted to it for days on end. Simple as that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?