Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

150 results found

1. I love supporting Twitch streamers but I do not have money. Therefore I would love a possibility where I can support the streamer by watching ads that I myself click on a button to watch. You could make a system so the streamer gets notified when someone has watched 20 ads, 50 ads, 100 ads etc. And maybe also write how much money example 100 ads are worth.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Consumers need control over volume.

On 5% speaker and the lowest setting on Twitch audio bar, ad volumes still instantly destroy my Twitch experience.

I have left not 5, not 10, but over THIRTY streams in the past two weeks because I was unwilling to listen to MAX VOLUME ADVERTISEMENTS.

Pre-stream "you must go deaf before you qualify to watch a guy play lullabies on guitar" ads are a horrid experience. I wanted something to lull me to sleep, not a referral to a otolaryngologist.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If interaction breaks, momentum dies. There are dozens of ways to keep the momentum flowing while an ad is playing-- just look at all of the YouTubers who get sponsored and do skits/product placement during their videos.

Example: If the streamer has the ability to temporarily defer ads and play them back to back, ("collecting" an ad every 15 mins or so, to play 6 at the end of 1.5 hours,) this gives the streamer more control on when their intended content is interrupted-- or, even better, an option to play the ads FIRST in order to unlock SUBSTANTIAL ad-free…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. As a streamer myself I understand that people like their own Twitch page to be theirs to control. A lot of people disable ads on their own channel and a lot will also run them willingly while streaming. Try giving more options we can opt into on our own channels. Without blocking our content at the same time, unless we choose to do so. Here's an idea or so:

• Brb ads
      (We already have, and do get used. Nice example to start)

• Lower thirds
      (Could allow us to set them to pop up as often as we like. Minimum of…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you guys used the same logic for bounty board on ads you could have a much easier time getting us to run them. I used to make hundreds a month in 2011 from ads and now despite growing etc etc I only push viewers away spamming them for MAYBE a few bucks if I'm lucky.

Myself and many others would likely be more happy to run ads if we had a target goal of "ad hours per month" that based on our viewership could fluctuate but would generally give us a target.

Example: Currently I stream 5ish hours a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If you want people to run ads, give them a reason to WANT to run ads. The hardest thing to do on Twitch is get discovered. Allow people to be higher up, or at the top of, a directory for a certain amount of time whenever they run an ad on their stream. Cap it out so you can't do it all day.

People will run ads for discoverability AND they'll have a chance to grow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. No advertisements for active chatters.

I think that when a streamer rolls an add or the auto rolling adverts pop up it can massively drive viewers and people invested in conversation away from the channel and forum.

A simple fix would be to not roll adverts to those actively chatting in the stream.

Say a 5 minute timer from last recieved message then roll an ad to that user and maximum of 1 ad to said user per user. Or a quick pop up box like the channel points warning users an advert is 30 seconds from rolling. Click on…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Instead of pre-roll, mid-roll, or whatever adds, add a feature where the user can choose if they prefer adds right when they join the stream, throughout the stream, or after the stream(and before watching anything else).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I propose that Affiliates and Partners should receive AD revenue for VODs. If Twitch is putting ADs on VODs, it is only fair that the content creator receive a share of the AD revenue generated.

93 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a way to stop ads playing for at least 1-2 hours. Taking a break every 30 minutes for a few minutes is just unrealistic and doesn't fit most content on Twitch. Longer ad break, every 2 hours or so would be much more agreeable I believe, especially when it comes with giving MORE agency to streamers. They know their community and their content the best

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Right now theres not enough control over how a streamer runs an their stream with the new mid-rolling. However, a feature that can be added is to disable for 20 - 30 minutes mid-rolls for the stream per 30 second ad break and mid and pre-roll per 60 second. That way, a streamer can plan their ad breaks and work around them, especially for competitive games like overwatch, LOL, CSGO, etc. Even for non-competitive games, allowing a streamer the ability to control the flow of the stream by implementing an ad break to avoid mid rolls allows them to build…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. give streamers an incentive to run ads instead of forcing a garbage system that will block important moments

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. twitch premium: no ads, can stream at increased bitrate, can upload 5 personal emotes to use on any channel, special badge

$5 a month, or $50 a year

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. So just like Facebook and WeChat allow a preview of games and ads that involve interactivity, perhaps Twitch can include support for playable ads in pre-roll ads or in-stream ad breaks.

Here is an example of what I am talking about provided by Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/business/m/one-sheeters/playable-ads

I have listed down all the benefits of including playable ads in Twitch on this shared Google doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T2iNVrNcf8Dz8l09f0eiIEt0dMMLb9ggaiU-OqIOP7M/edit#

I am working on a project with a non-profit but we chose NOT to put our marketing on Twitch because they don't offer playable ads (unless they do and you can let me know) which previews…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I think content creators should be able automatically run ads every 15 mins or however often and how long for so there is less need to have your stream manager open

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hey Twitch team. The possibility to get a share of the ad revenue is a great feature. Unfortunately this can make everything around streaming (Taxes etc.) complicated. Where I'm from (Austria) an ad revenue makes everything much more complicated (I don´t go into detail here). So a option to opt out from this share would be great to have.
    Probably there are similar cases for other country. And even if not, this would help most of the Austrian creators.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. let me put adds in my stream

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, when some streamers play ads, their streams will still play in a little box at the top while ads play in the main video player. The problem comes when -- let's say something critical happens on stream, or chatter asks question you'd really like to know the answer to. You can't cash in on the information because the streamer's stream is either muted or gone during ads.

Yeah you can always go back and review the vods (unless streamer has them disabled) but that defeats the feeling you'd get out of experiencing whatever happened in the moment.

I don't…

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We know ads suck but it's what allows free content..so the problem is that it's always the wrong time for ads, Especially when its down to the end of the game and we miss the Fing last battle because some ad pops up. How about a button that you can click when your streamer is in cue or going to the bathroom etc, and it runs the ads? yes it will still run ads as normal, however, if you are due for and ad to run in the next ten minutes, by clicking the ad button, it will skip the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?