Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Ads

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Ads

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

148 results found

1. This feature request that I'm sharing is that Twitch should make a program for Twitch streamers to promote their channel. Instead of regular ads on the time, you get Twitch streamers. To order to get an ad, the streamer has to pay once a month to order to get their introduction ads out there. This feature should be open for every streamer, affiliate, or partner. Big or small. This Twitch streamer could be used ad banners or a normal 15-30 sec ad. The Twitch streamer has to introduce themselves, what type of content they do, show quick glimpses of their…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. When a streamer runs a block of ads, we select the amount of time we want the ads to run for, and that can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes. However when we do that, all the viewer sees is the number of ads left, not the total time left. Since ads vary in length, that doesn't actually tell them how long until they're over.

Speaking for myself, it's pretty much a daily occurance to have someone post a message like "8 ads??" in my chat. And sometimes that number can be in the double digits. If viewers…

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Me saltan anuncios en catalán y no entiendo nada ya que no soy de barcelona. Ya que me saltan al menos que sea en español para poder enterarme. Gracias.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This happens multiple times a week: I am ending my show. I am the performer but I want to choose somewhere to raid smoothly, as a gift to my community and to the streamer. I have 20-120 viewers, so I want to make it count.

I click around to my followed channels to check out what each one is doing. Perhaps a music stream is playing games. Perhaps a vintage stream is doing a special event techno set. It's important for me to listen to what 2-8 channels are like as I am simultaneously keeping my audience engaged.

But it's…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. People should get a reward for a set number of adds viewed fully on twitch say 2 free subs for a gold member who views a target amount in a time period
    Would get your add revenue up loads

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Estaria bien que se mirar el sistema de anuncios mientras se ven los directos ya que viendo directos de roleplay molesta mucho perderse 1 minuto del rol cada 5 minutos, personalmente yo pondria la categoria de Roleplay GTA V y cuando alguien este stremeando esa categoria activaria solo anuncios de los que salen en un lateral de la pantalla, ya que interrumpe muchisimo la experiencia de los roles que se estan viendo en ese momento, lo digo como usuario pero tambien como futuro afiliado de twitch que espero sea mas pronto que tarde :D.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give mods and streamer ability to give specific users an ad break.

Limit it only to three times before real ban.

Reasoning:
    sometimes users will say dumb stuff in chat and/or something offensive instead of banning (which just causes user to make a new account or wait etc) make them watch an ad. Can be a minor punishment. And also can be a reward to spend channel points on. Give another user an ad break could be fun.

However this will make channels toxic in some cases so maybe have it as a feature toggle that a streamer can enable…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Do ads for game ideas like minecraft,spore or the sims to keep more people coming into twitch and being interested

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Mientras estoy en algún stream como espectador sin suscripción, me aparecen cada 5 minutos al menos, 4 anuncios que hacen un total de 2 minutos de anuncios que son un poco fastidiantes, ya que anteriormente, estos anuncios aparecían cada 15 o 20 minutos (a veces en una cantidad de tiempo mayor) y no había tanto problema.
    Pero últimamente son más seguidos y eso hace que a veces salga de las transmisiones y prefiero verlas después si es posible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. So that for instance if in my tastes i dislike, say, ed sheeran i can signal that dropping multiple ads about it in a row is hurting my experience to the point i'm leaving doing something else.
    I'm otherwise not that annoyed by the occasional ad, esp. about something new.

Feature could be made available after showing a certain count of the same ad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. remove ads for mods as we can have 100% conversation option if mods are not sub. then they do not have to wait for 4-6 commercials to hear what streamers say

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a person gives a certain amount of money towards streamers on a monthly basis, they should be rewarded with site-wide ad-free viewing. Like, if they give 20€ or whatever (5 Tier 1 subs), then they should no longer see ads anywhere as 5 times twitch's cut off of a T1 sub should be enough to warrant it.

"But why don't you just buy Turbo" Because Twitch exists as a platform to support streamers and I'd rather spend 40€ on streamers to avoid ads than give Twitch 8-10€. I'm here to support people, not at platform.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have my ads set to run 3.7 times per hour but if the streamer isn’t told a Ad is running the viewers will miss out along with the streamer… you need to put the Following in chat. “Ad has started” only the streamer an see this … or “Ad will start in 10secs and last 2 minutes etc… then “AD ENDED”

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When streamers do a sponsor stream, would be nice to see a special sponsor symbol or icon next to the game category. For example, under XYZ streamer, "sponsor symbol" ABC game. I think it will attract more viewers and followers will be able to tell quickly under their followed channels list.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I like the idea they have of sound ads

Although if I must suggest something that you may already have in mind, it is that each streamer will do well with one or another type of ads. Someone who is important is his game or what is seen will love the announcements of sounds like the one they are making. But someone whose audio is the important thing, continues to be bothered by the current type of announcements and the sound ones, for these people they will need announcements that cover a part of the screen but do not mute…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As the title says, I'd like the ability to be able to determine when I watch ads myself and bank 'ad-free watch time'. If you feel like the stream is a little on the slow side of things, you can decide to watch an ad instead so you won't miss that one epic moment that you're waiting for. Preferably add the options for '30 seconds' '1 minute' and '3 minutes' of ads.

Would also say this shouldn't exclude you from the streamer's own ad break. If the streamer does an ad break themselves, it'd be nice if those ads counted…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable a parental filter on the ads to avoid disturbing ads for kids.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Showing Ads while the streamer takes a 1 min rest or so by the choice of the streamer.
    That will increase the Ad revenue to the streamer and to Twitch as well.
    but, it has to be a minimum of 1 hour between each Ad display so that it would be acceptable.
    Regions based Ads are better in that situation, by a click of a button by a streamer an Ad will display for a maximum of 1 min then display the streamer screen afterward.

upvote for the idea to mainly benefit small streamer.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Moderators should not get ads! We need to hear and see everything, also many mods don’t have the money to subscribe and avoid ads.

When I need to get to stream quickly and there is an pre-roll ad, I cannot do what I’m suppose to do.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ads hinder growth so, so much and they barely make any profit for small creators/ for twitch when playing on small creators‘ channels. Maybe give affiliates the ability to turn off all ads completely in their streams, and only have mandatory ads for partners?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?