Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management

This Forum concerns: Login, Connections and Password Resets

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

339 results found

1. For those who are not familiar with Passkeys:
    Passkeys are a modern security standard supported by leading companies such as Google, Paypal, Apple, Adobe, Nvidia, and Amazon(!). Instead of traditional passwords, they rely on cryptographic key pairs and digital authentication methods such as fingerprint recognition, facial recognition, PIN, or pattern. Passkeys offer a significantly simpler, faster, and more secure solution compared to conventional passwords.

Twitch, a platform that thrives on live interactions and promotes them, could greatly simplify the login process for users by introducing Passkeys. This would not only improve user-friendliness by minimizing the tedious entry of passwords but…

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Muy buenas TWITCH, les escribo, ya que quiero arreglar un problema con mi cuenta ya que al iniciar sesion se me olvidó de poner un apellido de mi correo electrónico y resulta qué a ir a verificar mi cuenta, para poder escribir en algun chat , lo he mirado y no es mi correo.
    Quería arreglarlo para poder escribir en chats de algunos stramers.
    Espero que me respondais y que lo arregleis por favor y muchas gracias.
    Un saludo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. overlay for partnerplus progression , if we could have an over link to add onto our streams so people can see our progression towards partner plus that would be a big help , at the moment there isnt really a way we can show our viewers how far we are coming along

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. While 60 days isn't bad, I'm still in the middle of figuring out the best branding for my channel, and I just changed my name, but not really digging it since giving it a go for a couple of days and would like to try something different that I've been enjoying, but as it stands I have to wait two months before I can change it. Would be nice to be able to change it sooner. Thank you for your time!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I have tried for quite a stretch of time to get my mobile phone number accepted by Twitch, yet still no luck, due to Twitch saying I already used my mobile number to verify an account before. That is a straight-up lie, considering I did not get my phone until 1 years ago at Christmas, and I haven't even attempted verifying with my phone number at all, until recently! I have seen another person with the same issue, January of this year, which I have linked at the bottom of this post. My theory is that someone had my phone…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I cannot access my account created using my phone number. I tried to retrieve the account again, but I do not receive a verification number on the account recovery screen. If the administrator confirms, can you delete the account created using my phone number?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello,

can twitch website start saving my own settings like darkmode/prefered channels sorting?

It's little bit annoying to set up this functions after every log in to twitch website. (Because there is soo many windows/chrome update, which log out user from website)

Right now after every log in to twith.tv I have light mode + channels sorting is selected by "recommended".

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Seit einigen Tagen habe ich ziemlich arge Probleme damit, Twitch über Opera GX zu nutzen.

• Benachrichtigungen und Flüsternachrichten werden nicht geladen, wenn ich sie mir anzeigen lassen will

• ich kann keine Clips erstellen, obwohl die Option verfügbar ist (es wird lediglich eine "autoblanc"-Seite aufgerufen

• das Teilen von Subscribtion-Nachrichten im Livechat ist nicht möglich (die Nachricht kommt nach dem Absenden weder im Chat, noch im Dashboard des Streamers an)

• der Kauf von Abonnements kann nicht abgeschlossen werden (es lädt und lädt, wird aber nicht fertig... Probleme mit den Zahlungsmitteln sind ausgeschlossen)

• die Anzeige "Das Cookie-Gespräch" verschwindet nicht mehr ... egal, ob…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Hi, for those uses 2 or more Twitch accounts, can you make life easier for changing the user. every time I switch the user Twitch asks me to enter password send to email. Like twitter, instagram, TikTok we should be able to change twitch account easily. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing users the option to display preferred pronouns next to their username in chat with out an extension would be a welcoming addition

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Como recuperar los seguidores reales después de perderlos (me metieron bots y al eliminarlos también se eliminaron mis seguidores reales.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To help users manage security for their accounts: I propose the Settings > Connections page should list the specific Permissions (or OAuth scopes granted) For each account connection.

And there should be an "Edit" button. Instead of completely revoking a connection: We should have the option to Remove or withold any granted permissions/scopes of a connected app that we want On this menu.

There should also be some options to block/remove some of the requested permissions on the page at the time when initially authorizing a connection.

I propose that the Highest-risk permissions which Apps can request be made so…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be nice for twitch to add age restrictions then it would be more accessible to everybody audiences that are younger can watch more younger streams. around like people who are 5 and up can use it. And allowed to decide what they see.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If my login is successfull (option: with the first try) and i have done it via 2factor auth, then don´t send a successfull login attempt email. Make this selectable in the profile (send email/ dont´send/ send after x unsuccessfull tries)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having a way of creating folders for groups. for example currently on the left sidebar when it shows channels live the list can span off the menu. Therefore, I am suggesting a way you can create folders such as 'Roleplay Channels' and then you can drag all those streamers into that folder. The side panel would then show a folder which we can colour or when hover displays the name to which can be expanded, to show the streamers within the folder.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Per the twitch policy, inactive usernames are recycled every 6 months. With that said, I have been vigilant for 3 years, attempting to acquire a username that has been inactive since its existence. This username is not someone that all ppl would want. its actually very similar to my twitch username minus 2 letters.

I would like the team to follow through on the policy and actually release the inactive usernames so that the streamers that actually put in work can utilize them for their own benefit, in turn for the benefit of the company

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Users should be given priority to revert back to their old username once it becomes available rather than having to hope they can get it back. Also, users should NOT have to wait 6 months to try to get their name back. They should be allowed to revert back to their old name after the regular 60 day wait for a name change.

Also, Twitch NEEDS to update the warning when you go to change your username! Saying your username "will be released back into the pool of available usernames after 6 months" is not descriptive enough. I thought that…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When using Chrome and clicking on the Prime Loot menu, you can use the X to close out each individual item under the "For You, Games, Ending Soon" categories, but you can never clear the list completely. Whatever item is the last item in the list, it stays there and you can't close it...ever. This is really annoying to us OCD-ers. Please allow us to close out all the items and display an all caught up message just like the notifications area.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Recently a 19 year old got susspended on Twitch indefinitley for being under age, this is not ok. Twitch should be absolutley sure about ages and not have an auto bot ban users falsly.
    This idea is all about having an ID registered into the accounts when creating them, using the candidate number, date of birth, ect. Basically a debit card for paying for bits, but with an ID registering the person behind the account and also verifying their age. If the ID is renewed then Twitch should ask the user to update their details with the new ID.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can't unfollow the Resident Evil 4 (2005) category. Clicking on it directs you to the Resident Evil 4 Remake category which you can follow/unfollow separately.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?