Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quiero cambiar mi nombre de twitch y no me deja

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Authenticate a PC across all of your platforms. Example: Twitch Web and Desktop App, Broadcasting software (StreamLabs OBS), etc.

Right now, after re-installing my Windows, I had to request an SMS authentication code for Web, Twitch App Desktop and StreamLabs OBS. Since I had to reset my password (forgot it once again, since I am not allowed to have an Easy password) I have totally requested 3 sms messages. After which I get locked out and I couldn't get a code for the Desktop Twitch App for that period of time, on the same PC.

Authenticating the PC uniquely, without…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Would like an option to sign up this way, as well as upgrade existing Twitch accounts to use this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Separate User name from channel names i don't like go on friend stream with NewsInside channel name, much people create secondary account only for this and is terrible.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This just ruins twitch altogether, please please please go back to singing in with email.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Well the idea is that the twitch drop works a little different than it's today, because it's so frustrating to see a friend that watches just 10 minutes of stream getting a item that you looked around 5 hours and open multiple streams to get the same item and it don't drop for you, I think the drop could at least consider the time that the person watch because like it works now and thatn situation happens is sorrowfull for some people

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The iOS app has this annoying habit of logging me out of the app seemingly at random, and with no input at all on any other device. This is very disruptive as I have 2FA set up on my account, and to log in I have to both provide my password and an auth code that may/may not be easy to get to depending on whether I have my auth code generator to hand.

The iOS app never used to randomly log out, so the question is why is it doing it now. I'm aware of the "30 days" feature…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Really nice not being able to use any of the passwords I've tried creating for this site. I followed the guidelines you presented, but each time it told me my password was too easy to guess and wouldn't let me use it. I could understand if it didn't land under the requirements such as minimum characters, at least 1 special, number, and uppercase character, but it met those. It's unclear if dictionary words are allowed because you say not to use them, but you offer LastPass or 1Password as examples. Those aren't accepted by the way.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. PLEASE add a feature where you can login to a different account with a click of a button. Every time I need to switch accounts to manage a bot account I need to log out, then log in to the bot account, scramble to look for the 2FA code, do whatever I had to do, then log out again, then do another 2FA. Please just let us click our Profile Picture, select "Switch Accounts" and sign in to a different account seamlessly.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Login flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am in agreement with people requesting a reduction on the time before you're able to change your username. Even if i have to wait 2 months before i can change it to something else, I've tested out my current username, as of posting this, and have discovered i hate it. If you could revert a user name change in the first 24 hours at least, even if i had to wait 2 months until i try again, it would solve a lot of people's problems with it. I also hate how there's no way of testing out a username…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I tried to use a password that is autogenerated by my password manager. Obviously I won't put that here, but another one generated by it is: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved".
    This is apparently "not secure" and "too easy to guess". Instead I had to make it: "speed applause deceiver endpoint cash freckles polygraph mothball unsaid raffle vacant unmoved1!"

Its worth pointing out that adding a password requirement of any kind besides length and restricting obvious dictionary sequences is well known (even by the US government via its most recent NIST standards) to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My idea is for Twitch to respect the length of the suspension they impose on the user. I don't know if I'm the only one to experience this, but informing a user via email about a 24-hour account suspension and then keeping that account suspended for 72 hours is a frivolous treatment of users. Sending information via e-mail about the duration of the suspension and then not complying with it is lying to the creators/users. I recommend that Twitch should be able to deal with such a situation and introduce compensation for this kind of disinformation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When hovering over the follow button either on accident or on purpose, the text that pops up does not disappear when the mouse leaves. Sometimes all it takes is to mouse over it once again, sometimes 3,4 times.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please Samsung TV App

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. didn't get your recap, why?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I feel like Twitch sends out emails with an excessive amount of HTML in them. HTML emails are fine, but let's all try to keep things to a sane level.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Non mi è arrivato il Twitch recap

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Por favor, llevó dos días esperando a que me llegue el correo de Twitch recap y sigo sin recibirlo. Os rogaría me llegara lo antes posible. Gracias, un saludo

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Could you please send me again the Recap Report to my mail adress, jensschmitt@gmx.net, because I accidentally deleted it. Thank you for your help. Jens

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?