Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Account Management: e.g., Login, Connections, Password Reset

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My church is on twitch and a gentleman who set up the account and cameras also created the twitch account. I do the camera work, though, during the services.

Last week, the laptop we use to monitor the stream decided it wanted to verify it was us. I logged in and asked my partner to check his email and give me the code. He had forgotten his phone. Ugh.

It would be nice to choose options on how we want to get code: text or email. I could use my phone number to get the code that way and he…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would appreciate the option to see open sessions of my Twitch account and close them manually if they are no longer necessary or desired.

This would be for security and peace of mind that no one else is purposing Twitch accounts without a user's permission and potentially causing issues in various chats.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Many sites and services have a function to request all account data, from personal messages to changing nicknames. I would like to see this feature

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I have wanted to change my twitch username multiple times, but I have decided against it because I do not want to have to go through the process of reintroducing myself to everyone that I have met previously in chats and talk them through me changing username. I am a moderator in multiple channels, and it would create a cluster if I completely changed my username. I think there should be an option when you change your username to TEMPORARILY put your old username in parenthesis next to your new username to avoid this issue. (An example of what I…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When an account gets banned it doesn't have access to the connections pannel anymore and so we can't unlink accounts (such as Steam, RiotGames or Epic Games accounts etc.) from it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Connections  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Login Flow  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get rid of the 4 letter policy and allow 3 letter names again!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Me and like many other people have been on this site for years building our stream and community’s. They one day we get to become affiliates, so we set up our 2-Factor Authentication but then we get locked out of our account and r unable to return because a bug doesn’t send sms code to our phones so we can log in the Authy never works so, the idea is to fix this so we won’t have to start new accounts.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When activating my Twitch account on my Xbox One, I received a code to enter in at twitch.tv/activate that began with "***". Inappropriate combinations of letters should not be included in activation codes.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Would like an option to sign up this way, as well as upgrade existing Twitch accounts to use this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Signup  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. This just ruins twitch altogether, please please please go back to singing in with email.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  2FA  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. My YouTube channel was unlink, but it was working completely fine before. I didn't log out or anything of the sort. It was just working the other day, and only stopped working today. IDK what happened, but now I can't relink it. It only shows up with "Make sure the email you used for Twitch is the same as your google account." If anyone has any ideas or know how to fix it, pls let me know.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When i try to leave my current twitch team it says *unable to remove team membership. Very confused and would like some insight.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I have suspension for 30 days.. The suspension is over since 11 February, now it is 31 March and I am not yet unbanned? Why? I've made 10 cases and Twitch still does not response.. How more should I wait??

My banned account: nameless2g

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. please help is there any way to change date of birth of my account. i think i have given wrong information

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I feel like Twitch sends out emails with an excessive amount of HTML in them. HTML emails are fine, but let's all try to keep things to a sane level.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I want to change my username from "Sym_Point" to "Point" and it says it's not available but no one has the username. What is that for?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Usernames  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Quiero cambiar mi nombre de twitch y no me deja

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. When you sign up for a new account you are asked to input a one time code through email.

Please implement the One Time Code for ALL, EXISITING & NEW accounts when logging in.

Context: I do not have an active cell phone, I live in an area that does not receive SMS Text for the login code, therefore I can't use Authy either. I've been trying to log back into my account for about 3 weeks at this point with help from friends, but to no avail it didn't work.

Conclusion: Please implement this into the login system, it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allot of different websites offer this feature, but, how about making it so that if you somehow in someway can't login to your account after reporting missing credentials, it will offer you the chance to send the email about (e.g resetting your password) to an email that you can access.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Password Reset  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?