Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

232 results found

1. Currently the Apple TV app can only scrub back and forth by rewinding or fast forwarding, an extremely unwieldy way of just skipping past or through content. The UI for this is also clunky.

Most video apps on ATV allow you to jump back and forward by 10 seconds by clicking the left or right sides of the remote button, or by placing step back and step forth buttons on the virtual remote.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. You recently updated the TV application (I personally use the Amazon Firestick) and it is unusable. You can no longer access many previous broadcasts as it only loads recent ones. The fast forward and rewind feature glitches and is difficult to control, especially compared to the previous version. On the home screen, it does not show broadcasts you haven't finished anymore so you have to go to the subscriber and hope it is still available. The old version had some issues but at least it was easy to navigate

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Why remove any ability for users to chat directly via an AppleTV, and enforce QR codes on TV screen to be scanned just to “Join The Conversation” in chat on an entirely different device, and needing Twitch app to be installed to only open Chat-only Mode for same stream; when, chat window is already open and ready to be used on AppleTV via Twitch (tvOS) app.

An AppleTV remote can already use Siri/buttons to talk/type; plus, an iPhone can also sync with an AppleTV to be used as remote control without having to even have Twitch (iOS) app open at…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add the ability to select from multiple accounts (similar to netflix profiles) when the twitch app is opened (android tv doesn't have this, at least, not sure about other tv apps). I share my television with family and it's a pain to log out and back in every time someone else uses the television.

I will say the twitch.tv/activate system is superb but this feature I'm requesting would make things even easier!

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The latest updated (3-2-2023) to the AppleTV only shows the top 25 streams we follow even when viewing the Following section of the app. So we are unable to see all the streamers we follow that are live with lower viewer counts which doesn’t seem fair, to those streamers with lower viewer counts, as they will not show up as being live unless specifically searching for them.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It's pretty clear the current teams responsible for all of these app developments are failing miserably at their job. These apps have been broken for years. In the instance of AppleTV the new app updates did nothing to address the real issues people have been complaining about on this forum. I'm proposing a WILD idea of letting this incompetent department go, and outsourcing to an agency that's actually capable.

The reality is this isn't difficult work, in fact it's VERY straight forward stuff.
    UX design is SIMPLE.
    Coding is SIMPLE.
    Adhering to device architecture is SIMPLE.
    Letting go of incompetent…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I don't know if this was purposeful part of the update, or merely a bug, but a few weeks ago an update got pushed to all of my FireTV devices, logging me out of each. When I logged back in, only 2 or 3 of my 20+ live followed channels would display. If I login on a PC, everything seems to be fine. I use my FireTV devices to watch Twitch more than anything else, but having to manually search for my favorite streams is a major turn-off... please please please prioritize a fix for this

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I’ve got a Bluetooth keyboard paired to my AppleTV, but I can’t use it in the Twitch app. It’d be nice!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a PC and AppleTV in the same room. 100% of the time, Raids will fail to move channels on the AppleTV. Please investigate so AppleTV will follow a Raid to the raided channel and not leave us abandoned on the original channel. I think this is why we are seeing so many incomplete raids and hosts are trying to send Raid 'shuttles' when they notice only 95% of their viewership correctly raided over to the new channel.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make app available to Sky Q customers. I think this would open your fan base even more. Most good streaming apps becoming available on Sky Q

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add different chat options to Twitch app on Amazon Fire Stick

Like the recent IOS upgrade, I think it would be awesome to be able to toggle the chat on the Twitch firestick app to have a black background, as well as being able to toggle it to be transparent and overlaid on the right/ left hand side of the stream you're watching making having chat open on a TV much more enjoyable

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Even I watch a stream I can't see how many and reedem channel points on Fire TV app.
    It can be helpful integrate the button as for pc/ios app to reedem directly on the tv app.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I open the web browser app on my Samsung tv and go to twitch.com, I can't watch any stream because the video is black. I can see the chat live, I can see the number on viewers, but the video isn't starting. I press the play button and it keeps spinning but it doesn't starts. It's like this for 2 months. 2 months ago it worked perfectly

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Creative and IRL categories have been available, in some form, on Twitch for nearly 3 years now, ever since the Bob Ross series was marathoned. Yet, despite the existence of these categories, people are woefully unaware of the existence of any of them, except the biggest two: Just chatting, and Music and performing arts. The latter of which is usually overrun by 24/7 radio channels, while Just chatting is still a "catch-all" category for even content that should be categorized under the specific ones (eg. Travel and outdoors, etc).

It's not uncommon for people to comment along the lines of…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. My google tv updated the twitch app. The new UI is ugly, not user-friendly, lags a lot, the quality is worse, and I can't send emotes on my TV anymore. I have no idea how this change went through. Please roll back to a previous version.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The most recent update to the Android TV version of the app is lacking in functionality and preformance. The app was visually more appealing before as well as having better functionality and quality of streams.

The decision to completely remove the ability to chat via the app is poorly thought out at best, and plain lazy at worst. On my Nvidia Shield I have the ability to use voice to text and to connect an external keyboard to type. Why do I need to use my phone to chat when there is literally already a spot for the function to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Take away the QR code and give chat back to people who do not use a phone to chat we have a fire tv remote that works perfectly fine and not having QR code to scan its a simple fix keep the new look just get rid of the QR code to chat nonsence !

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Why doesn't the Fire TV app support the chat window from previous broadcasts?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would make the chromecast experience a lot better if I could have the option to show the chat on the side, just like it would on my PC in theater mode.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The upgraded Fire TV app debuted this week and while there are some improvements there was one giant step backwards. At the end of streams it no longer stays with the channel when the creator does a raid and the stream just ends. Please bring following the raid back on the Fire Twitch app.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?