Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

235 results found

1. I have twitch on my LG TV but there is no way to watch past broadcasts, so if I miss the live stream I have to hook my laptop up the watch the vod. Why is watching vod's not a option on the TV app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please also add the possibility to earn and use channel points also from the Android TV app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I want to be able to listen to streams using set of powerfull voice commands on my Google Home Mini or Nest plus Amazon Echo devices with Alexa.

On top of that i wanna mannage my stream using voice commands to; place markers, host n raid channels, cast votes, mute chat, make a clip, kick viewers even.

Thirdly I wanna have ability to cast chat audibly using TTS sapi5 voices to the device, and create exceptions and replacment phrase lexicon to what is being read. Text to speach chat would be getting simultaniously played along with a streams audio.

In…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Expected Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels should include....uhhh, all of the channels that I follow that are live.

Actual Behavior:

Home > Live Followed Channels shows me a random set of the channels that I follow that are live. What channels are shown is almost inversely proportional to how often I watch said channels. The count of the channels shown in this section is also random. Sometimes 7, sometimes 4, just all over the place.

In order to actually see "Live followed channels", I have to navigate to "Following" > "Live Followed Channels". Not only is this an extra…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop sucking. Seriously, how can you possibly make this garbage app worse on every single iteration?!?! The fact that you couldn't save your search tags and had to enter "english" dozens of times a night has now been replaced with not being able to filter at all. And not only that, you can't even SEE the language tag. It's worthless. Don't even get me started on removing the chat feature. I guess I won't be watching Twitch as much any more.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's unwatchable. Audio skips constantly. Occasionally, it cleans itself up, but not always. I have had to use airplay from my laptop to mod. This is insane! zYou literally broke the app! What the ****?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The state of Twitch on the Apple TV is fundamentally unacceptable and, if they aren’t already, both companies should be pursuing a lawsuit against their own management for gross negligence and incompetence. The app is UNUSABLE.

Fix the chatting. Fix the ghost notifications. Fix the UI popping in and out of view in a constant, never ending loop. Fix the scrubbing. Fix the emotes.

Holy ******* **** this isn’t a joke - take all the comments here seriously and do something other than sit on your *** while this **** has been broken for WEEKS now. Not even one single…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I was updated to a more recent version of the Twitch TV app. The unfollow button is often defaulted, and it is VERY easy to mispress the button.

If I am already following the streamer, this option should be tucked away where it can't be pressed as easily. It is obnoxious, and could undo the user's following date for the streamer.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. experiencing severe black flickering on my Google tv app (Philips) since the latest update. Kinda unbearable to watch. Please fix

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If i watch a stream on my PC or Smartphone you share share open stream to FireTV to watch on TV.

similar to how it works on Youtube

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Similar to the Apple TV twitch app, bring functionality to interact with streamer chat via emoji or keyboard on the LG app

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have been using the Twitch app on the Chromecast with Google TV, and notice multiple times that the Chromecast will go to sleep while watching a stream after around 10 mins. Very frustrating.

Twitch app version: 6.0.0
    Android TV OS version: 10

Please let me know if this should be posted or communicated elsewhere.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I recently purchased the new chromecast with google tv, love it and love Twitch!

The problem is that using the twitch app on my TV routinely "times out" and sends the tv to ambient mode which shows pictures and the weather. I haven't been able to figure out how long it takes to time out but sometimes it seems like less than 10 minutes other times it plays for hours ... Might be stream dependent, but I am not sure what that would have to do with it.

I found some instructions on disabling the energy optimization I'm the chromecast…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The current Android TV only has fast forward/rewind buttons with no image preview. This is less functionality than a VCR. Scrubbing (with image previews) is a must have for any video player. At least add image previews to the fast forward/rewind

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. There are tons of twitch users who wanna watch twitch on their smart TV's without using cast programs . People wanna watch twitch just using their TV's . Hear us devs pls . Including LG , Samssung , Sony , Philips and other brands .

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The "Followed Games" section row, keeps disappeared when I try to navigate to that row in the Nvidia shield TV Twitch app, and then it is only "Live channels" and "Followed channels" left on that screen.

This is annoying me to no end. Please fix?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Apple TV app does not work on tvOS 17.0 recently released. When watching a VOD, the video will suddenly go all black but the sound will continue playing. Momentarily pausing playback briefly gets rid of the black screen. The issue will return. Restarting Apple TV, TV, or the app does not fix the issue.

Currently, the Apple TV app’s use is unbearable when it comes with watching VODs.

Please address this.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are a lot of complains for years about the Twitch App on LG WebOS, and I’m also unfortunately experiencing too like many others. Whenever I join a stream and turn on the chat, it disappears after few minutes and instead it’s just a black box on the side of the screen, where the chat should’ve been. Unfortunately this still till this day hasn’t been fixed and it makes it really unenjoyable for us viewers to watch any stream.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?