Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: TV Apps

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

234 results found

1. Title. Given the stability and usability of the app as a whole, having to /attempt/ to cycle through several screens worth of channels is already a gamble. Please allow the Fire TV app to have an option to filter by language, or embed the setting within the user account settings.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can log into the application on the TV, can see previews of what is happening on the stream, but when I go to watch it it gives me the “Bug - Oh bummer… an error occurred while playing this content” message. It just started happening today. I have not done any new updates, haven’t changed wifi, didn’t disconnect wifi at all when it started happening. I was watching a stream and just went into another one and this pops up no matter what I do.

I have tried shutting off my tv and unplugging it for an extended period. I…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It looks like the Twitch app was recently updated on Fire TV, and the text size is now enormous. I can only see three comments at a time most of the time, sometimes a single comment doesn't fit on screen. It's really hard to follow conversations. I thought the text size was about perfect before this update. I have a fire TV stick capable of 4k but don't have a 4k tv. Not sure if that's part of what's going on.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Fire TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please create an app for older Samsung Smart TVs then 2021 so we can watch streams on our TVs!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. After the most recent Twitch app update/redesign for Apple TV, Top Clips is now missing when going into any categories. For example, previously before the most recent update/redesign, one could go into Just Chatting, and at the bottom would be a row of Top Clips within that category. This made finding new streamers and keeping up with the latest news/drama/etc. much easier and more interesting. Please add it back!

Also, the new design looks great! Keep up the awesome work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apple TV  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delay was introduced in the latest app update. Prior to this, the latency was <5s, and on par with mobile and web playback. The new Android TV app plays back with a latency well above 15 seconds, which makes it very difficult to interact with streams in a real time manner.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the last update to the AndroidTV app in the week before January 29th 2023 there was a change in behavior when you press a button when in fullscreen.

Now the button action gets applied. So to get the UI back I need to press a button. If I press OK it will execute the action the the at that time not visible focus is on which is dangerous as it could be on Unfollow or Back or at least annoying that it does something.

Pressing left or right start scrolling the timeline when watching a VOD. When watching live…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The Twitch TV App for Playstation 5 updated to the latest version (November 2022). I like the inclusion of the about me section, it provides a helpful description of what a channels' content is. The homepage now includes a selection of viewable categories -with ready to browse through channels being showcased. A welcome feature. But there may be one too many viewable categories (to browse through downwards) on the homepage. Fewer sections/ viewable categories could aid the homepage in appearing less clunky. Or an option that allows users to personally customize which categories appear on their homepage -would be wonderful.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The recent update (2022-09-05?) to the LG webOS app moved the (Un)Follow button from the bar to a separate, in-stream, button.
    This also made it so that you no longer (on reflex) can press Right button x4 + Enter to activate chat, (which you want to see, ref: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310225-twitch-applications-tv-apps/suggestions/41734411-on-the-lg-webos-app-make-it-so-the-twitch-chat-do)

because the movement of the indicator STOPS (bug/badUI!) at the Unfollow button, which instead causes you to accidentally unfollow your favorite streamer and lose your YEARS LONG followage!

PLEASE revert the UI change and put the (Un)Follow button back to the bar where it was placed perfectly fine before.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When logged into my Twitch account on the Google TV Twitch app and I'm browsing a game category, please only show channels for the language that the app or OS is set at.

The filter option works great but you have to set the filter almost every single time you go back into that category. For example, navigate to the Grand Theft Auto V category, set the filter to any language, select a livestream, watch for a little bit 2-5 minutes, back out of the livestream and you will notice the filter has been removed.

I would rather not have…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1.) At the moment it doesn't seem to be possible to filter for German or other languages with the current Fire TV Cube app. There is therefore no longer any way of seeing which language the respective stream is in. This was still possible in the old version of the app.
    2.) I don't like that you can no longer send short messages using the Fire TV Cube keyboard and that you have to use the Twitch app on your cell phone or tablet.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello how are you? My name is Eduardo, I was wondering if there is any interest in developing the Twitch app for TVs with Tyzen OS?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The idea to remove pre-roll ads at the beginning of a raid was marked as completed and appears to be working on desktop, but I'm still getting ads immediately upon raids on the tvOS app.

This is incredibly frustrating as I am forced to miss the streamer's reaction from the raid.

https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310237-ads/suggestions/37197847-if-a-channel-raids-another-channel-the-raiders-sho

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Could you add to the new LG WebOS app the possibility to choose the streaming video quality of the stream, as it exists on other platforms?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. watching on apple tv , android tv and Fire tv

twitch should add the ability to watch 4 streamers playing together on the apple tv , fire tv and android tv

at the moment the twitch tv app allow you to watch one stream

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We want to a Smart TV app for Grundig TVs.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When watching large channels (GDQ, Twitch's Main Channel, etc), the video constantly buffers and stutters only on the FireTV app. I have it streaming on both console, desktop and mobile to check and it always does it on those channels, but only on the FireTV app. I don't know if they use a special ingest server, or those streams are handled differently, but its only those channels, and it happens on every broadcast.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Twitch Watch Parties possible through FireTV! PLEASE?!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need a app for twitch on the Vizio brand so people could watch twitch. And do watch YouTube does that they connect to your phone to your twitch with whatever video you were watching

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not really a TV app but closest category I could find, I think an Alexa Video Skill would be great for twitch as I would love to be able to watch streams on my Echo Show, seems strange that this isn't already a thing considering that Twitch is owned by Amazon lol, obv would then be able to utilise features such as connected Echo devices for surround sound as well as the 3D Sound and Subwoofer products they also sell for this ecosystem

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?