Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. For the Mobile Twitch app, have better functionality for example the ability to highlight streams from the app similar to the site itself, as well as posting a stream schedule via the app, adding info for your channel in the ABOUT section, making the app overall more user friendly, and for god sakes allow a dark mode cause it is extremely bright. The app itself as is is a good start, but it needs better functionality.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. after watching for a while pip window closes even though stream and app still open.
    can't watch anything unless i am on twitch app itself

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It seems that live streaming is limited to a maximum resolution of 432p. This is much less than competitors which allow streaming at 720p or 1080p. Also, the lack of URL overlay support for cheer/tip notifications, similar to those provided by other apps like IRLTV and Teradek Live Air Solo, prevent this from being a viable alternative for serious IRL streamers.

These features would help make live streaming more popular using the Twitch app and help enable a one-device solution:

• Manual selection of stream resolution (480p, 720p, 1080p)

• Either URL Overlay support or another notification avenue to notify the streamer…
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. implementing a small menu just below the stream/above chat where mods can flip through some things available only in mod view would be SUPER convenient, and maybe make it so when mods leave a stream and come back they can see previous messages in case there's an issue and they have to moderate something that had occurred when they left chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I think that button looks like Balkenreuz wermacht sign. And im as a grandson of WW2 veteran offended in some way to see that kinda things in popular stream service. Cant attach screenshot here, but i did it in official twitch discord support channel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. When i chromecast a twitch vod (assuming it happens on live streams too) to my tv and pause the vod, the cast will close after only a few mins. My other apps like Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix don't do this and can be paused for much longer. From what i understand this timeout is set by the app developer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Until the most recent update to the Android app, notifications were in the following format:

Title: <Streamer> is streaming <Category>!
    Text: <Streamer's 'Go Live Notification' message>

This was mostly fine, though with longer usernames or certain categories, it could be unclear which game was being played - but depending on what the streamer wrote for their Go Live Notification (GLN), it could be clarified just by pulling the notification down and reading the text section.

But now with the latest version of the app, the notification comes in two flavours, seemingly at random. Either:

Title: <Streamer> is live: <GLN>
    Text:…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bonjour

Il y a un problème sur Android quand vous cliqué sur filtrer et trier ensuite cherchent tous les tags on n'a aucune possibilité de garde un tag en favori on est obligé de revenir et refaire toujours la même manipulation quand on quitte la rubrique. alors que sur iPhone on peut faire sa par exemple choisir sa langue est la mettre en favori.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Phones with notch and punch holes wont show the streams full screen

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How do I sign up to become twitch affiliated

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Currently the iOS 14 widget shows both live streams and re-runs the same way – with a red circle icon. It would be nice if re-runs had their own visual presentation, so it'd be possible to tell them apart.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. So mod Viewing on twitch on IPad I feel like needs to be added because I can’t check people unban request only pc can sicne they have mod view

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow Expert Overlay to work on Mobile devices and tablets

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Several affiliate streamers have issue with their viewers not able to see their stream on mobile app, no matter what they do to fix it. Some affiliates go weeks without transcoders. It's there anything that can be done for small affiliates?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The mobile app really sucks at the moment if I’m being honest but I fell like the problems can be fixed. One thing is the chat and stream and how all that work. I don’t know if this is just me but the chat it about 10 seconds ahead of the stream for some reason. I always see chat answers questions the streamer asked like 10 seconds before they asked them and it makes chat pretty useless in mobile. Another thing that’s bad on mobile is the twitch predictions. I’m having a lot of fun betting on different things in…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I think having mod view to make it easier for moderators to moderate twitch channels on mobile is easier either as part of the twitch app already or as a separate standalone app which you login with your twitch account and it shows who you are moderator for so you can chose the streamer

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When watching vods or clips on the horizontal mobile player, tapping to bring up controls makes the follow, notification, and sub buttons pop up. WHY??

When you're watching live it's not a huge deal because you don't need to use the seek bar. But watching a vod or clip, it's insanely annoying having those buttons take up a third of the screen every time you want to go back a few seconds. If I'm watching a vod from a channel I've been subbed to for a year, why I would want the option to unsub and unfollow them popping up…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. hey, would there be any way that the phone could stream phone games directly?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?