Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. There needs to be an option that lets you resize the Chat. The Chat takes away a good chunk of the screen when it is not minimized and it makes the Stream significantly smaller and since I like reading the chat I would like to have both on my screen without the Stream getting too small. Also, on my iPhone 12 on the right side of the Chat there is some kind of “black bar” with nothing on it which also takes away a little bit of the screen and it would also be nice if that would get removed.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 5 with a hole punch camera in the front.

Netflix and Youtube support this via a pinch out zoom and fills the width of the screen, it appears that the Twitch app is almost there as it seems to support a pinch out zoom but it won't go all the way over and stops with a black bar over the camera and status bar area.

I would like the pinch out to zoom to fill the whole screen! Thank you

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Since the last update, browsing the games in the Android app forces the screen into vertical mode. It is annoying, because I almost always use my tablet in horizontal mode.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have been trying to design a new page to discover since I don't like the one with the application. It would also be good if when you enter the application the first thing you see is the discover section.

original pic: https://imgur.com/a/LYOeOta

the idea: https://imgur.com/a/PJ6xMCx

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. As a person who watches streams on the go. I'd love to see what a hype train is.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I understand it’s difficult to reduce delay, but PLEASE sync the chat with the stream. It’s making the live viewing experience unwatchable with the chat like 15 seconds ahead. I think this is such an easy fix and i am excited for you guys to make this a reality. Thank you very much.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. When using wide aspect phones in landscape, if you open the chat it overlays the video while there's still space to the left. A better solution is to move the video left while leaving the chat on the right, using the whole screen space. (Similar to what Google meet does when opening the chat)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hello, I and many others would certainly be happy if the Twitch app becomes a part of the Vodafone Video Pass. Unfortunately in Germany this is only available at least with the Telekom-Stream-On. The data volume in Germany is very expensive for the consumption of Twitch. I would rather put the money into the Content Creator on Twitch than give it to a mobile phone provider like Vodafone. 😄

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Especially for tablets, it would be nice if the Stream-Manager could be also used in landscape mode, with chat and activity feed next to each other instead of on top of each other. The user should be able to decide on his own which should be on the right and on the left.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please implement pause in PIP mode on android.

OR

when a user pauses video/stream and press home button or switch app, the PIP of twitch starts playing (even though the user pauses the video/stram before moving to PIP mode) this is very irritating.

Please fix this. :)

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The YouTube app has background code that synchronizes the Bluetooth audio and video, it would be great if the twitch app did this, seen as how manufacturers are moving away from the 3.5mm jack.

Everyone is starting to use Bluetooth earbuds, and there is a good 0.5 sec delay.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Usernames with the black hex color (#000000) are unreadable in the android app, not sure if its the same in the iOS app as well. https://i.imgur.com/b4Evflz.png

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make the popout player resizeable. Currently the popout player is so small, it's practically useless. I have to use the multiapp feature on android be able to see the stream but that doesn't work well with some apps.

You need to enable the resize feature like other apps have including mx player and new pipe. Currently I'm using a 3rd party twitch app to play streams via mx player, just so I can resize the popout player.

Android 9 on Pixel XL

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The iPhone 11 is capable of using multiple cameras at once. It'd be great if Twitch provided a way streamers can stream using the front and back camera at the same time. It'd be especially helpful for Just Chatting streams so viewers can see the streamer and what they're seeing.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. I would love to be able to download the VODs of some of the streams that I am subscribed to in order to watch them when I don't have WiFi such as on a plane trip.

YouTube premium has this feature and it is so helpful as even when I do have WiFi it is often not strong enough to watch without buffering. When I download it, it can take a while, but then I can watch the whole video without buffering.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It takes a very long time to switch a stream's video quality. — It is so bad, that is even faster to set the desired quality, close and reopen a stream. But why?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The possibility to embed Streamlabs (and other) alerts when streaming thru the Twitch mobile client.

Embedded like a browser source, I would say 1 or 2 sources maximum (to keep in mind, it is still a mobile thing).

I think this will help to create a better experience on and with mobile, because the look and feel for the viewers - compared to a Desktop stream - is kinda similar and familiar.

Twitch already offers some options to use Streamlab components in Chat, why not extending the good experience in the Broadcast-part, too?

With a simple grid system...

1 -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I don't know if this is an oversight on Twitch's behalf, but you must realise that the text size on your apps is tiny. It's too small to be used comfortably by some users.

For many people either with bad eyesight or using their phones and tables to keep up with chat whilst streaming they have to put up with this tiny text that gets in the way of the enjoyment of streaming.

I, amongst others plead with you Twitch, please put larger font sizes in chat for those that need them. Be inclusive to those with less than perfect…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Hey It would be nice if I could use the camera in my mobile while streaming

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?