Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On the web browser you can clear notifications at the top of the chat (such as a hype train) by clicking the 3 buttons. On mobile, there is no option to clear notifications. And it is a huge pain because when a notification such as a hype train shows up in the chat, it makes the chat bigger (half the screen) for the entire duration. So every time a hype train starts (which happens a lot in bigger channels), chat takes up half the screen and you are forced to watch without chat if you want to be able to…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. For some reason picture-in-picture stream pauses after pressing home or switching to another app. I don’t think this is intended behaviour, because in other apps video in pip doesn’t pause after switching. It’s not that big of a deal, but it gets annoying really quickly.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On mobile there should be an option to change chat position from the right side being default to the left side while in landscape mode. This would be ideal for streams that have webcams on the right side of the stream for a better watching experience.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. See title. Seems like the mobile app on Android doesn't have closed captioning. I would like to use the app if you can implement closed captioning capability to it. I am deaf and I wanted to watch Bob Ross paintings his happy little trees.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Feature Requests  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I only follow about 5 streamers so not all are on at some point, the Home Screen widget on iOS was really great since I could see currently live channels I follow.

Now it pops up with recommended channels which I have no interest in. It’s not that I’m not interested in the channels shownx it’s that I only want to see channels I follow there.

It’s now hard to see when channels I follow are live since it doesn’t stand out anymore and there’s always something live.

Please revert back to how it was before

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Phones with notch and punch holes wont show the streams full screen

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please add the option to disable the video previews in the list of followed channels (added in a recent update). This "feature" only impedes my ability to browse my LONG list of followed channels, making the process of seeing who is online much more difficult and time-consuming. To be clear, I want text only, the way the list used to be. Please.

Upon updating the app, my immediate reaction was "this is annoying, I hate it; where is the option to revert this change?" However, combing through the options for the app does not appear to offer this option. Why…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There needs to be an option that lets you resize the Chat. The Chat takes away a good chunk of the screen when it is not minimized and it makes the Stream significantly smaller and since I like reading the chat I would like to have both on my screen without the Stream getting too small. Also, on my iPhone 12 on the right side of the Chat there is some kind of “black bar” with nothing on it which also takes away a little bit of the screen and it would also be nice if that would get removed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hi,
    A streamer I watch frequently recently got the best opportunity to get a better handle on his stream and emotes.

But the frequently used emotes hasn't updated the prefix.
    I tested all his emotes to see what happened.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. implementing a small menu just below the stream/above chat where mods can flip through some things available only in mod view would be SUPER convenient, and maybe make it so when mods leave a stream and come back they can see previous messages in case there's an issue and they have to moderate something that had occurred when they left chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Until the most recent update to the Android app, notifications were in the following format:

Title: <Streamer> is streaming <Category>!
    Text: <Streamer's 'Go Live Notification' message>

This was mostly fine, though with longer usernames or certain categories, it could be unclear which game was being played - but depending on what the streamer wrote for their Go Live Notification (GLN), it could be clarified just by pulling the notification down and reading the text section.

But now with the latest version of the app, the notification comes in two flavours, seemingly at random. Either:

Title: <Streamer> is live: <GLN>
    Text:…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow Expert Overlay to work on Mobile devices and tablets

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I recently upgraded my phone to the Pixel 5 with a hole punch camera in the front.

Netflix and Youtube support this via a pinch out zoom and fills the width of the screen, it appears that the Twitch app is almost there as it seems to support a pinch out zoom but it won't go all the way over and stops with a black bar over the camera and status bar area.

I would like the pinch out to zoom to fill the whole screen! Thank you

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. on IOS there is a delay of about 10/ 15 seconds that makes difficult the interaction between streamer and spectator. In the desktop and Android version of twitch there isn't the delay..

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I mod for a couple bigger streamers and alot of time I am using my phone, confined to the Android Twitch App. Having an option to delete individual messages would be an extremely handy update for all mods who use mobile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix this:

The iOS app regularly resets the playback position of the video after unpausing a VOD. May also be a result of pausing, leaving, then re-entering the app. This makes VODs a pain to watch on mobile.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?