Twitch Applications: Mobile

1. Mobile VOD audio-only timestamp synchronization

Currently if a VOD is changed to Audio-Only and runs in the background, it will not save its progress when it's reopened.

For example if you start a VOD, change it to A/O at 0:00:05, opens another app or locks phone, then reopens Twitch an hour later, the video will start at 0:00:05 again.

This feature would help alleviate many users that listen to Twitch in A/O modes and don't want to be left scrubbing through potential hours of video finding their last spot

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore the pop out window for Android.

The pop out window was given some excellent features such as fast forwarding and rewinding and even resizing. Unfortunately an Android update has decided to "do the feature themself" and it isn't user friendly in my opinion. It could be useful if there was an option to use the twitch version instead.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Streams that are live should have links of videos, clips, info, and chat like streams that are not live have.

When streams are not live and you click on them it brings you to a screen that shows past broadcasts, clips, info, and chat for that channel. Once the stream goes live however there is no way to view this same content. If you are looking specifically for these past broadcasts, clips or info and the streamer happens to be live you are out of luck. There is no way to access past broadcasts, clips, or info once the streamer is live.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove UI for chat only mode for landscape

As the UI currently is for chat only mode in landscape, we can only see three lines of the chat at a time. https://imgur.com/a/3aMza3l

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PiP (Picture-in-Picture) stops randomly

iPad Pro with iOS 11.3.1,
    Twitch v 6.3.1

PiP stops randomly. I used to be able to watch Twitch in PiP all the time but now it's useless because PiP stops and disappears as if a stream stopped. The streams do not stop though.

This happens all the time during a stream meaning that I basically can't watch anything except if I am in the Twitch app itself.

This might happen because of lost packets or some other interruption I think. I notice that sometimes while in the Twitch app watching stream, occasionally there is a short pause before the…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow to sort games by actual viewer count, not by "# in the US". I'm not from US!

When browsing most popular games on the Android app, the list is sorted by "# in the US" instead of total viewer count.

Please make it at least an option to sort by actual viewer count - I find popular content such as European esports tournaments using this.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Prevent ads from playing when playing in background

Currently ads will play even if you have twitch turbo or twitch prime enabled.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. watching non-affiliates on phone app sucks

give non-affiliates the ability to stream in multiple resolutions

we cant watch these streamers because they can only stream to those on wifi and pc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AndroidTV Improvements

While the default android app has been improved I feel like the android tv version has not gotten any love. Can we get dark chat background option for the Android TV app which blends in with the black bars and rest of the picture. Also VOD chat is badly needed, it's already on the default android app can't this be also added to the TV app.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. (iPhones w 3D-Touch) Activating the 3D-Touch outside will show top live channels

For latest iPhones, 3D touch provides one tap process to the app’s most used feature. Currently for Twitch, when holding down the Twitch App while in the iPhone home screen, it will only show the number one top live channel (most viewers) from your following list. This prevents users from seeing other live channels who they are following.

My suggestion is that when using 3D touch to check live channels, it should show atleast the top 3 or 5 online channels that they follow. Or better yet just find a better usage of 3D touch because it is such a…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Twitch app on iOS Chrashes on viewing profile page of a channel that is currently hosting another channel

I typically am unable to view channels live because of my work schedule so I typically watch vods of streams when they are offline but if they are hosting a channel when I open the profile page the twitch app on iOS locks up. I then have to force close the twitch app to even start watching another channel.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adaptive launcher icons

Android adaptive launcher icons would be nice

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix when you're watching a stream and an ad plays it greys out the viewing options and removes the ability to use those options (pop out, ch

Fix when you're watching a stream and an ad plays it greys out the viewing options and removes the ability to use those options (pop out, chat only mode, audio only mode)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sharing highlights with clips through streaming devices.

I'm currently running on a LG G6. Please make the clips streamable via chromecast. I would like to share highlights with my friends using this feature.The only options to watch specific clips is to "watch the whole video." I think twitch clips is a good feature and the fact that you can stream twitch from your mobile device to another device (like chromecast) is also great. But not having the ability to stream clips from your mobile device is very lackluster. It only makes sense to be able to stream the clips.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Why oh why?

After several months of using the "new" twitch it still pisses me off how much worse it is then the old layout, that was just perfect. A few days ago you fixed the chat at least so it's shrink to fit. But still just about everything else is more confusing and frustrating to use. I remember the old layout with a tear in my eye, but guess I just have to deal with this shit.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add a follow option when clicking someone's name in the chat on mobile

When u click a name in the chat on mobile u get add a friend ..whisper..mention..and block..it would be nice if follow was added..some of us streamers can come across friends in other chats and that would be very convenient

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reinstate the info button for donations

Put the info button back so we can donate to streamers live on mobile. You've taken away a useful feature and are curtailing spontaneous donation. Bits are not a good replacement feature

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Being able to browze normally again

Befote the changes, I was able to filter streams by language, being Finnish, now I can't do that any longer. Also not being able to browse communities has been making me unable to find streamers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base