Twitch Applications: Mobile

1. Revert to the older version for the love of god

Please just give us the good old twitch app that everyone was used to and was able to enjoy not this torture piece of garbage useless junk that makes you want to tear your hair and punch a hole in the middle of your damn ipad which lacks most of the features people actually used the app for people were more than happy with the older version there was no reason to reform the entire damn thing

7 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile broadcasting app?

In the iTunes App Store there's an app or 2 that is a streaming platform for Twitch but not one made by Twitch. Also you have to pay to use the full capabilities of one and it doesn't seem to be too amazing. Could there possibly be an app created for broadcasters to be able to stream away from a pc/ console? It might be better or more convenient for IRL stuff but it's just a thought.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for casting VODs to the Twitch Roku Channel.

Currently the only way I'm able to watch past broadcasts (VODs) is on the Android app. I've tried using the Android app to cast to the Chromecast with very poor results.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Clear Viewing History in App

Introduce the ability to clear viewing history in app.

Twitch, as of writing is roughly 110 MB in size.
    The app data (for me) is 450 MB and steadily growing.

Youtube, in comparison is 140 MB.
    The data use is only 40 MB.

What is the difference? Why must the Twitch app be so storage hungry?

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please reduce the delay on the iOS mobile app.

I get almost no delay when watching a stream on my computer browser. Even if I use chromecast to stream to my TV from my iPad there is no delay yet the moment I switch back to watching a stream on my iPad I’m stuck with a delay of at least 15 seconds and sometimes longer. It makes interaction with the streamer extremely frustrating as the topic has moved on by the time I answer back.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow markdown text to be displayed properly in the Twitch mobile app

Mobile lost it's markdown formatting support. Panels look like a mess. Fix this please.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Suggestion: Add option to disable swipe controls and make Vods more visible

An option to disable swiping left and right to switch channels should be added as the implementation conflicts with swiping left or right to bring up device navigation controls, as I ultimately end up switching streams accidentally when I try to bring up my device's system buttons or make the video smaller when swiping down to new notifications.
    Also viewing Vods and videos is very hidden away and should be brought front and center, say maybe instead of the useless pulse section. I couldn't care less what the community thinks I should watch.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Broadcasts that you've recently watched

Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Twitch Android Mobile App Playback Speed x2 like on Desktop

I REALLY miss the option to watch VOD with a playback speed of x2 on my Android Twitch App like on Desktop.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display which sections of a vod are muted.

Currently, there is no way to determine which parts of a vod are muted while looking at it on a mobile app.
    The desktop site already has this feature, and it can help determine whether a vod is worth watching or if it is all muted.
    Plus it would make it easier to know where to start and where to skip to next if you are watching a muted vod.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show us what game a streamer went live with again!

For the longest time the Twitch iOS app let me know what game a streamer was playing when it sent the push notification.
    No longer does it do that, and it sucks.
    I'm not interested in every game and having to actually go out and check for myself has meant I've missed streams that I'd rather have watched.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make it so we can see the stream title while viewing the stream.

Like when you tab the screen, so all the buttons pop up, like the streamers name, the follow button (the heart) etc, the stream title should be there. Both in horizontal and vertical. Or at least one of them.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix how you can see chat on mobile!

I have downloaded the update for twitch and now whenever I hold my phone sideways I can't see what I'm watching fully because chat is 1/4 in the way of he screen. Making the chat almost transparent and then putting it on the full screen was possibly the worst idea you could have. I'm not asking for rollbacks, just fix this!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Option to Disable iOS VOD Autoplays (ASMR)

An option to disable autoplay in the iOS application during VOD/highlights would be great. They help me fall asleep, but the autoplay of the next video wakes me up.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. iOS app lost zooming and swiping functions.

Title says it all.It‘s also difficult to reload the channel after temporarily leaving the app.
    Please rollback to the previous version.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove swipe to change streams and fix tablet chat

I'm not asking for a complete rollback to the old app because there are a lot of things about the new updated app that I like. However, theswipe to change to another stream is completely unnecessary and often just makes the viewing experience incredibly frustrating when trying to watch anything on mobile. Also, the old landscape chat on tablets was basically perfect since it didn't cover the stream but now that it does I barely ever have chat open anymore when watching on my iPad.

TLDR: Remove swipe to change streams or at least make it optional, and fix tablet…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Swipe to change videos? Chat section on mobile multitask?

So, swiping to switch to the next or previous video is just awful and was honestly a completely idiotic idea. I'm constantly accidentally switching to other stuff now and it's INTENSELY annoying.

Also intensely annoying is the fact that, when multitasking on the iPad Pro, which I frequently do while watching streams and VODs, if I bring up the keyboard, the section where chat will eventually be slides up and covers the stream until I hide the keyboard again.

Speaking of the chat covering the stream, in the newest release it just covers a quarter of the screen and there's…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Some feedback/ideas regarding 5.0 Twitch App.

As someone who watches Twitch primarily via an iPad pro, I wanted to give my two cents worth of constructive feedback about this new update.

I should start by saying that I like the direction it has taken, and many of my pet peeves from the previous version were fixed. Many many thanks to the devs for the hard work that has been poured into the app.

There are still, however, things that I think could use improving for better user experience.

- Landing page: I understand the choice to make "Live" the first page users land on, but this…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Suggestion: Add a Refresh button / menu item to Android app

Several areas could be benefit from having a Refresh button, but there are none to be found in the Android app. Currently refreshing even the simplest page usually requires a tedious amount of loading different pages and returning to the original page / stream (or force closing the app and killing the process). The two mentioned below are the most pressing.

- The "following" page will contain multiple offline stream and often will not be refreshed to see new streams. A "force refresh" button / menu item could solve this.

- The actual stream page will not refresh when a…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile subscription

Twitch mobile subscription needs twitch prime added so people with no pc can access and can use their twitch prime sub each month. Cause currently there no option if your on mobile to use it.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base