Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Mobile

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

944 results found

1. Tab with broadcasts which u have watch, but dont watch completely.

(it's more comfortable than search specific broadcast in channel)

75 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have just discovered that for streams containing embedded closed captions (NOT via a Twitch extension), there is no way to display the closed captions when playing the stream on Android or when casting to a Chromecast.

I think it's great that Twitch has added captions support in the first place, but all of it is for nothing if someone who relies on captions is watching on the app or Chromecast.

To be extra clear, I am not talking about caption extensions - those show up in the app, but many streamers use proper embedded captions which seem to only…

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New twitch uptdate:
    The autoplay scroll funckion for live channels is horrific.
    I follow channels on a whim I got about 70 live its useless.
    The little tiny tiny button on the right is too small the hitbox is too small too.

The autoplay is horror I open the app and hit anything all I hear is screaming when I just wanted to check who is online.

Autoplay cannot be turned off.
    You made the twitch mobile app into a doomscrolling feed of live. Why do such a horrific thing

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There needs to be an option that lets you resize the Chat. The Chat takes away a good chunk of the screen when it is not minimized and it makes the Stream significantly smaller and since I like reading the chat I would like to have both on my screen without the Stream getting too small. Also, on my iPhone 12 on the right side of the Chat there is some kind of “black bar” with nothing on it which also takes away a little bit of the screen and it would also be nice if that would get removed.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So the latest update for the mobile app introduced channel suggestion based on your language.
    http://i.imgur.com/OKiAjRl.png
    Those appear in every game directory and on the channel directory. It would be nice to have an option to disable those. I rarely watch streams in my own language and this takes up a lot of unnecessary space for me. A polish friend also finds those rather annoying so I guess I'm not alone with this.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Re-enable swipe to change channel in iOS app Feature has been removed as of last update.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Basically there is a pretty big problem with the mobile app and Twitch Chat: It wastes a lot of data, and a lot of battery. In big channels, specifically Esports events, there can be upwards of 100,000 people in the stream and there are hundreds of chat messages every second. This is where the problem lies, it eats your battery and you can say bye to your data.

My proposed change is to simply add a new mode that can be found in the viewing settings that allows you to just have the video fullscreen all the time (like it…

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. While watching a previously viewed stream under “Continue Watching” when the advertisements finish. The VOD resets back to the beginning at 0:00. You manually need to reset it back to the last known watched time signature. Please take note of this. Thanks

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The new mobile set up is awful, you can’t even view the important information as well as the video feed about who’s streams are on and what they are streaming which makes it harder to find and decide who you want to watch but also makes it hard to find new creators you would be interested in watching. (Tik tok format doesn’t work for a platform like twitch and creates more problems than solutions). Twitch drops are also worse now because they have been moved to the furthest tab away which is super inconvenient and a 100% direct down grade.…

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please remove empty screen and “play” button when in “Chat Only” mode so that only the Chat screen is displayed fullsceeen.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The “Featured Clip” is frustratingly oversized and takes up way to much space. It doesn’t need to be above “Live” or “Recommended” either. Move it down or make it a tab at the bottom with the other search features.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

This status is to let you know your idea has been reviewed. Your idea is open for voting/comments from other Twitch community members. This is a great time to share your idea with others. Learn more about status updates here.

---

For the community: If you like this idea, please vote on it and feel free to add on how it would help you in the comments.

12. It would be cool to be able to watch twitch VODS offline. Maybe download them onto the phone first, then be able to watch them later.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don’t know why twitch needs a FYP tab when they already have the “discover” category seems like a waste of time and brings nothing new to twitch.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It’s obnoxious to enter the app and have a random stream start playing. Please restore the previous default of going to the followed channels and being able to pick a stream from there.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please add an option to stretch the stream/VOD on the android devices with new aspect ratios (18.5:9, 18:9 etc). The native crop to fit are bad for streams.

48 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Often, streams contain several games/categories. The chapters function on PC is super helpful in determining which categories are in a VOD. For example, I've been catching up on watch party VODs. I like to play the show on my PC and have the streamer and chat replay on my phone. The streamer takes breaks between episodes, which are a pain to skip using the slider. On PC, I can just click the next watch party chapter. Considering this function already exists, it would make sense to port it to the mobile platform.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Had this idea a while back. Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to send Kappas, PogChamps and such to eachother in text messages, snapchats etc?

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I like being able to change all of my apps notification sounds so I know what the notification is without even turning my head to look at my phone.

Right now with the new update it just uses the notification sound as set in Android settings, which can conflict with other notifications. I'd like to be able to change the notification sound for the Twitch app specifically, like many other apps on Android allow you to do.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As a mod I think that it would be an amazing idea to give mods the option to actually be full mods on mobile. As of right now we can’t create polls, create predictions, or manage redeems.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This new update is really bad for mobile I most likely won’t use twitch mobile anymore after this UI change it is not enjoyable at all. Idk who was in charge of that but nothing was wrong with how it was terrible terrible change.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?