Twitch Applications: Mobile

1. Remember position of timecode

Remember position of timeline like youtube app do.

For exaple if u go to another video and go back, previous video opens on time which u leave it.

4 votes
    Sign in Sign in with OpenID Connect
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Zoom with Androids

Hey,

I noticed that on twitch iOS it's possible to zoom on the screen while watching a stream and that's really useful cause sometimes we simply can not see small letters on screen or things like that,

Since I use a Samsung S6 (Android) and now it won't let me zoom anymore the screen, it would be really good to add this feature since no one would be against, it's easy to make and pretty useful, I'm sure tons of people will enjoy (the one that will notice it ofc :p)

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dont play a 30 second add everytime the stream refreshes or you load a new one.

Tone down the frequency of the adds, i cant watch a single stream in peace. And i always miss the good bit because when i reload i get adds.
    Even youtube mobile dosent waste my time this badly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Play stream sound if iOS iPhone app is in background

TheiOS iPhone app stops playing sound if app is in background or screen is locked. This interrupts the stream all time if a iMessage/... is received and I need to reply.

Twitch app should work like other sound playing apps and stream the sound in background too.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow chat to be turned off/diabled on the Mobile App.

I love watching streams, but I absolutely hate the chat. I want to be able to enjoy it like I would something on my TV and not be bombarded by hundreds of messages a minute of crap I have zero interest in.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please roll back to the old version for iPad the new is totally shit no chat in wide screen mode and you switch always streams accidently

Please roll back to the old version for iPad the new is totally shit no chat in wide screen mode and you switch always streams accidently

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Let users choose which language to use in the Twitch android app

Currently, in the Twitch app for Android the localization takes after the OS language. Please let users choose their preferred language instead of having to use the default language.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I really hope that someday the Twitch app is as good as the desktop version. Next step is to be able to subscribe/unsubcribe via mobile.

I almost never watch Twitch via desktop/laptop. Always using a tablet or phone to view. Please enable the subscribe/unsubscribe features for mobile.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. BTTV & Frankerfacez integration

It'd be cool to see these emotes at least, or even better be able to use them in the mobile app.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make landscape mode actually usable on Android (and iOS?) by hiding more of the interface

Pictured: http://i.imgur.com/F3U1YK6.jpg
    Currently landscape mode is really clunky to use when trying to browse streams since a lot of the UI just sits there and doesn't move out of the way. An easy fix is to just hide a lot of it, especially when scrolling.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add group chat support.

Group chats are great because they can be useful in many different ways. For example you can have a moderator chat for your channel so your mods can easily discuss how to handle someone being annoying in chat. Or you can take the group chats you normally use on pc on mobile. Really It allows mobile users to use a feature only pc users have been able to use.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Have wispers that are shown in chat marked as wispers.

Well the current wisper system on mobile is a bit meh as you cant tell between wispers and normal chat messages too easily. To be honest sometimes I have even mentioned the person I am wispering in chat casuing me to reduce the privacy of the conversation.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mobile App: Radio (Audio Only) Mode For Bluetooth Enabled Vehicles

Add a radio (audio only) mode to the mobile application. This mode would allow users to listen to a stream while reducing the bandwidth required for the stream. This mode is intended for usage in Bluetooth enabled vehicles. The bandwidth savings would make the app more stable in questionable coverage areas and also make the app more "data plan" friendly.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Delete individual message option for Mods on Android app

I mod for a couple bigger streamers and alot of time I am using my phone, confined to the Android Twitch App. Having an option to delete individual messages would be an extremely handy update for all mods who use mobile.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Possibility to embed visible Alerts from 3rd party sites

The possibility to embed Streamlabs (and other) alerts when streaming thru the Twitch mobile client.

Embedded like a browser source, I would say 1 or 2 sources maximum (to keep in mind, it is still a mobile thing).

I think this will help to create a better experience on and with mobile, because the look and feel for the viewers - compared to a Desktop stream - is kinda similar and familiar.

Twitch already offers some options to use Streamlab components in Chat, why not extending the good experience in the Broadcast-part, too?

With a simple grid system...

1 -…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Problem: significant delay before stream can be played

The iOS app does not show that streamers are live until a few minutes after they start. There is no way to see the start of the stream live on the mobile app. Give the user an option to idle on a streamer's profile and have it start playing at the start of the stream (this is possible in the web browser interface).

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: VODs lose playback position

Fix this:

The iOS app regularly resets the playback position of the video after unpausing a VOD. May also be a result of pausing, leaving, then re-entering the app. This makes VODs a pain to watch on mobile.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Last ios update sucks af

Why did you remove zoom and battery indicator? It was most usefull things in this app...

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Video-Audio desync

When the stream is buffering the audio starts playing before the video quite often and stays desynced. Only resyncs by reloading the stream.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Twitch Applications: Mobile

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base