Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Applications: Consoles

This forum is for ideas only*. Learn how it works.

We welcome your feedback about the viewing experience on console apps, but please note we cannot take feedback regarding the streaming experience on them, as it is developed by the respective console

Note: Submitting an idea does not guarantee that Twitch will take action on the feedback provided. We'll provide updates when we have new information for you. Learn about our statuses & see answers to FAQs about the feedback forums.

*Suggestions with non-constructive (no actionable) feedback, appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, and suggestions disparaging others may be closed without comment. Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery.

Support Information & Links:
  • Help Portal: Tons of articles that may answer your questions.
  • Email Support: Available to assist users 24/7, please use the Contact Us form in the Help Portal.
  • Live Chat (beta): Open to all Partners & Affiliates [Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (01:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST].
  • @TwitchSupport (on Twitter): Available Monday to Friday, from 1 AM (1:00) to 5 PM (17:00) PST.

Twitch Applications: Consoles

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

294 results found

1. About 4 hours ago(20th Nov 2023) the twitch app on the PS4 received an update. To say it is a backwards step in development is an understatement. the UI is offensive on the eyes (e.g. channels on the main screen have a glaring white box when they are highlighted, the menu button are from the 90s, to name a couple), things are no longer sorted into a logical order, and the best one, you are no longer able to type in chat without scanning a QR code on a separate device and utilising that to interact in chat.
    For a…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. It's a fools errand to continue down the UI path in which you're going, I mean the entire thing just simply does not work to even a very basic degree from a UI standpoint, buttons don't highlight, everything is like a slug, 85% of twitch features are completely unavailable or inaccessible. Want to full screen? Change resolution? Tough, you can't access the buttons because the UI doesn't show you what is actually being selected.

It's not acceptable. It's objectively a massive regression from what existed for the better part of a DECADE. The only thing this update has accomplished over…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. please allow us to put overlay on PS4 and PS5. Make an app were it allows us to choose a overlay, create an overlay, place the overlay on out stream and allow chat to be on there by default or if we can take it off as well.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  4. The idea I have is being able to stream off your webcam on your laptop while still streaming via your console. I've run into the problem of not being able to stream my face since I don't have a ps4 camera since they are all sold out or in limited supply.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  5. For example: I love playing TESV: Skyrim.
    The broadcaster's overlay used to be in the lower center of the screen, blocking view of the HEALTH bar. Now it's in the lower right of the screen, blocking view of the MONEY during trading. I cannot use the current Xbox One Twitch app to directly stream Skyrim.

Pick any game. Pick your favorite game. Its Heads Up Display and various menus shows critical information to the player during the process of playing the game. The current Twitch broadcasting overlay takes access to that information away from a streamer. We want access to…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Since the removal of snap an app on xbox console, we can no longer view live chats. This has made it increasingly harder for Xbox streamers to be notified. Many streamers who are getting started use overlay expert, but that doesn't show up the streamers' console either. Providing a live chat box for the streamers would be very much appreciated.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  7. look I know that this may not depend on you, but it would be much better if there was an obs for th, this would also solve most problems, since with the obs you will be able to personalize the live by cell phone or computer, and exchange n means of live, you could have much more customization options than we already have consoles, facilitating the customization of the lives, and giving us many more tools.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. I would love to have the option to get rid of the broadcast bar and to customize it. It would be nice to change the opacity of it and to move something like view count, length of stream and if your mic is on or off individually.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let Twitch viewers on PlayStation/X Box chat in streams again without having to use outside means to chat. Will honestly make the whole thing easier to use

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The new ps5 update is so weird first of all you say it should be a “viewer-only" experience but the mobile app shows alot more content (vods-playlist etc..) and one of the most important things to view is chat even if you don’t interact with it and only read it still is a big part of being in a vod,Also the past version was so bad design wise and personally i like the new design and appreciate that the player is alot more flexible in skipping and rewinding but if you want to skip to an exact part you will…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  11. The twitch app on the base xbox one streams the same capabilities that the xbox series x can stream. The new generation xbox is very powerful, I’d assume it would be capable of a streaming in much better resolution and frames than the base xbox one. I feel as if the twitch app on the console should be updated to correctly display an upgrade in stream quality. 1080p@60 would be Nice.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I play xbox and ps4 and it is always a pain to update my stream info. how about we get that fixed because it is really puts me off streaming.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  13. I want to see the chat when i m streaming from Xbox it need blue screen i see people chatting from my Xbox please 🙏 and thank you 10 rating 10 star

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. For some reason on xbox when live streaming and only xbox the ingame voice chat does not go through with recording. it would be kinda cool if we could choose ingame voice chat recording as well as xbox party recording

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  15. Once logged in GIVE US an option to HIDE the chat when the game is in the forefront. If we wanna check chat, we can then pull back using the XBOX button (As we do now when switching games without stopping the stream) & then snap the Twitch app to the forefront on OUR screen

If done right, it would give us the same display we see on our end now YET TO THE OUTSIDE WORLD, it would be as if we did nothing except read the chat because the game would still be in full screen to viewers

THIS…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Admin →
  16. Your new update is just removing features like chatting, and chat in vod. Why would anyone chose to watch Twitch on console when it's just like watching a Youtube video? Chat is a big part of what makes Twitch interesting and I have no idea how you thought it was a good idea to remove it. There's so much else that is a downgrade, but this is the biggest one for me. And I wonder how anything at all were improved by this, and that's something I think the users deserve to know.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. rollback the update. no one wants this. it’s been a month with no improvements and the only update was so that the app wouldn’t work if you found a way to avoid your god awful update. can’t even watch vods from my favorite streamers collections as the only way I could before was with continue watching. but I guess downgrading is the way to go. got stuff on your twitter bragging about improving chat interactions while doing stuff like this. way to go.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The console app was recently updated and changed the way 'browse' works to show you games Twitch thinks you want to see instead of showing you what's got the most viewers. This, to me, is a terrible idea as it suggests categories based on how much you watch them so if you watch a variety streamer, say goodbye to your ability to browse. Give viewers on console the option to sort by suggested or by viewer High to low like you can in the app!

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ps4 streams are too much limited in comparisson with pc please put more fixtures, or more things for customize our stream

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PlayStation  ·  Admin →
  20. Twitch is due for a major update. Especially the Twitch app on Xbox Series X.

1. Twitch needs support for 1080 60 and 4K streaming if possible. We also need HDR support. I just streamed an XSX game in HDR and it looks so dark on Twitch. My stream is now ruined. I had to delete it. That's unacceptable. It's 2021, guys. Get with the times. Twitch is looking outdated. It's not a good look for you guys.

2. Make the on screen hud bar that shows your current time while streaming much smaller. It takes up too much real estate and…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?