Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. At the moment, only the default "/announce" chat command works with IRC (chatbots etc) - "/announceblue", "/announcegreen", "/announceorange", and "/announcepurple" all fail to send messages.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To repro: Type one of the following words into the editor, then hit the spacebar: __proto__, constructor, hasOwnProperty, isPrototypeOf, propertyIsEnumerable, toLocaleString, toString, valueOf

To fix: always use hasOwnProperty & getOwnProperty to access an object's properties, not brackets.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Recently when emotes are typed into the chatbox, they'll show as actual images in the chatbox rather than as text only like they used to. However this seems to cause serious lag issues and, after a while, slows the response speed for typing to the point where the whole page or chat pop-out has to be refreshed.

It reacts poorly with third party extensions like bttv/ffz that use autocomplete using the tab button, by prioritising twitch global emotes over channel and bttv emotes, or by deleting half the message text and trying to autocomplete from a random word mid sentence.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I can't chat in certain channels anymore that I used to, and the streamers that I spoke to about it haven't changed any moderation settings between me being able to chat and me not being able to chat. It's a problem across multiple channels and persists across multiple platforms and apps.
    The problem began on either May 25th or May 26th.
    Twitch support suggested I bring up the issue here.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It's been 10+ days i'm getting "Verified Accounts only chat" in EVERY single channel i try to chat, even in those where i'm sure the "Verified only" feature is disabled. I'm pretty sure it's either a bug or my account has been flagged in some way, because if i try to chat in those same channels with a different account i can do it without any problem.
    I've also read in some other Ideas here that other users are having this bug... Unfortunately i can't add my Phone number to verification at the current time, so please look into this,…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 채팅 입력 후 엔터키 입력 시 무한 줄바꿈 버그가 생겼습니다.
    많은 사용자들이 겪고 있는 버그 임에도 해결방법을 아는 사람이 없습니다.
    엔터키를 입력하면 채팅이 나갈 수 있게 수정 방법을 알려주십시오.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the removal of channel views - a good change, it was a redundant stat anyways - it stopped the number of channel views from going up, since it was no longer being counted. Issue being, clicking on a newer streamer's name in chat and bringing up their little user card, they will have 50-100 followers, whatever, but 0 channel views because they aren't being counted. It makes them look like they botted their followers and don't even stream. Might just be a overlook in the UI?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Just a small visual bug I have encountered in a very specific window size but It could be useful to fix it to prevent future clipping with other elements.

I think the emotes pop z index could be changed up to be the same z-index as other overlays. To prevent it from clipping with other chat elements, currently the stream title

I believe it to be: --z-index-overlay: 3000 and is currently --z-index-default: 1

https://i.imgur.com/sloUXVs.png

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Date observed: 5/5/2022

Twitch chat is causing memory leaks. I only observed this because I was watching a streamer with 100k+ viewers and my computer crashed with 32GB of memory with all other applications closed.

In Dev Tools on a Chromium browser:

1. Select "Performance monitor" in Dev tools.
    2. Observe the JS heap size and the DOM nodes, they progressively increase as chats are sent.

Another way to observe:

1. select "Memory" tab in Dev tools.
    2. Use "Allocation instrumentation on timeline".
    3. Record and observe the memory allocation.

Note: tested on Edge and Google Chrome with all the extensions turned off.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm using Google Chrome browser. Please type in Korean in the chat box and press the Home key. The cursor will move to the back.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. the message used with /announce does not render at all on mobile. If it just didn't highlight then that's one thing, but a mod message that no mobile users can see is worthless.

I was eager to utilize the feature, but without mobile users being able to see the message /announce does more harm than good and I can't use it

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Win10 / Brave (Chromium)
    Steps to reproduce: Have your cursor / focus in the chat input box. Now move your mouse pointer to hover over one of your followed or recommended streams on the left. Watch how the chat input loses focus and gets it back after you move your mouse back. Type. Tadaa: Backwards chat input.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We are getting extremely close to being able to apply for partner and this issue is severely impacting our average viewer counts. We will be streaming just fine and then all of the sudden we will drop 30 viewers all at one time. None of these viewers have actually left our stream but it does change our viewer count and thus impacts our average. Sometimes it recovers quickly and the number jumps right back up to what it was before. But then sometimes, like today, we will drop from 87 viewers to 57 to 47, and never really recover. When…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I just came accross this bug multiple people reported in chat and only started to do it today:

Edit: Actually the same behavior for emotes as well

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. FIX the Autohost system!
    It hasn't been working for MONTHS now. I want to support my friends and my team, and sometimes I'm not able to send a /host to my own channel.
    My autohost list was carefully made, and it's incredibly frustrating it's not working! Please Twitch, this is important for people that want to support their friends, teams and the communities that they have contact with!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. In the 'Chat Identity' menu, under the channel identity category where it shows your sub badge, the correct badge is displayed (12 months in my case) but the text says 'Subscribed for 6 months' (which is my sub streak for that channel). This doesn't sound right, as the text is probably meant to descibe how the user earned that bade (by being subbed for 12 months) and not what their current streak is

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have been with this bug for months, when the Slow Mode is enable (doesn't matter what time is set) after a send a message is shows "you can chat in (absurd time like 4h 9m)", this only happens on PC, so i can't send any message, i have to use the cellphone to send something (because the bug doesn't happen there) or ask to the MOD to turn it off Slow Mode which isn't nice when there is 1300 people watching, REALLY annoying and doesn't make sense, would be a relief if someone fix that.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Using Chrome on two devices in the same room, with more than one Twitch tab open on each device (Settings, my own offline channel and its chat, a channel I'm watching, the Live Channels You Follow page), sometimes whispers begin to vanish with "Your whisper was not delivered." This goes away if I close some of the tabs. But having multiple tabs open is standard Twitch life.

Also, sometimes I am whispering to a mod something critical and time-sensitive, and detailed, and then the dreaded not delivered message comes. The worst part? The message has vanished and I have to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hoy me desperté queriendo mandar un susurro (a alguien con quien ya estaba conversando anteriormente) Y no me deja, me dice "Tu susurro no se ha entregado" y así pasa con todas las personas. Llevo todo el día intentando solucionar eso, hasta mande un ticket a soporte, pero no dan solución. Leí que a algunos le pasó, pero nadie da una solución... º-º

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I've been looking into an issue where quite a few Unicode emojis break down when being send in the chat. This seems can be observed on both the website as the mobile client, as well as in the chat client I'm working on. The root cause seems to be that the "Zero Width Joiner" character (200D in UTF-16 hex representation) gets filtered out somewhere inside the IRC system. This will cause for example the following emoji (🧑‍🤝‍🧑) to break down into (🧑🤝🧑)

This issue eventually results in 1329 of the 3512 emojis specified in Unicode 13.1 (https://www.unicode.org/Public/emoji/13.1/emoji-test.txt filtered on…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?