Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

279 results found

1. Specific user slow mode, Instead of turning on slow mode for the entire chat i would like to turn it on for individual users, i think this would make moderating specific users easier and more discrete without disrupting the flow of the entire chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The way restricting users are as they are informs the restricted user they're being restricted. If the idea is to prevent them from making another account to get around it it's probably best not to immediately tell them that they're being restricted in the first place. It would be so much handier to have someone's messages be privately seen only by the moderators before they can deduce whether someone is a repeat offender or not and lift said restriction when they come to a conclusion. Sort of like a shadow mute feature of sorts. I bring this up as someone…

49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When a mod deletes a message because of a rules violation of the steam a link to those rules should be in the deleted message. This could help the mods in a few ways. They would not have to spam messages in the chat about not using caps or spamming with a message that has words all in caps. they could just delete the message and it have a link in the deleted message so the user is not left to say, "WTF, why was my message deleted". Then they have to be told to read the rules, it is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change the chat to two separate areas, one for question and answers for classes, and one for just chatting during class. Also the option to save the chat for class questions and answers. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would love to have voice chat mode, where the viewers are basically like a movie audience, where reactions like laughing are allowed, but no conversations allowed and are closely monitored by moderators of the chat. It would connect the chat a lot more.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Much how moderators can use /announce to broadcast a message, moderators should have the ability to send a message in chat that is only visible to other mods and the broadcaster.

Implementing this would limit having to alt-tab over to Discord to speak in a separate private channel and only engage with other active mods in chat which helps for context when discussing issues.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So, I know Pride Months is over soon, but it's never to late to do it.

I wanted to show my support to Pride Month and me as many others we have done it already.

But I would love an option for us to use a rainbow color username during Pride Month to show the support.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. wenn in theatre mode with the chat under the video, the leaderboard blocks 1/3rd of the chat window (atleast on my screens)

please let us disable the leader board in the chat setting so we can se more of the chat

side note the "stream chat" bar that seperates chat from the video is way thicker than it needs to be blocking another 1-2/10th of the possible chat window

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Many games that streamers play can be ruined when chat meta games. It would be cool if there was a /meta <message> so you could still talk with chat about what's going on without ruining for the streamer.

So if I were to type "/meta omg, xyz character is right around the corner!" only other people in chat and moderators can see it but its hidden to the streamer.

This would be huge for the RP community.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a feature to allow 'Followers Only' mode to be disabled, for a duration, equal to the 'Followers-Only chat, or a stated 'duration'. Maybe even have the option to automate it following a raid / host.

This would help streamers who get raided / hosted to allow the new viewers to interract with chat immediately and for that duration, in the hope that the new viewers will follow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I actually don't like when a streamer acknowledges me in any type of stream. I tend to not want to stay, but, if there was a way to let a streamer know so I could still stay, that can help both of us
    Or I'm watching with family on the TV or just by myself it's jarring if you're doing chores or work. Scary even. Maybe a way to say "TV" or "Casual" or "theatre mode" as if you the audience member is sitting to watch (but not participate).

It resembles going to a concert.

• some want to be backstage.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We need Gifs added to chat for more interesting experience. Plus a Gif only chat would be extra funny and keep things awesome.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Für die Modansicht, bei Benutzer im Chat unter der Kategorie Moderatoren: kann man dort ein Feature einbauen, in dem die mods sich gegenseitig zeigen können durch anklicken von einem Button ab sie aktiv oder passiv im Stream sind? ich dachte daran wie halt an einen grünen Hacken für aktiv und rotes Kreuz für passiv, und für eingestellte bots nochmal ein anderes zeichen. Man sollte aber die anderen Mods den Status nich ändern können sondern nur seinen eigenen

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. To add an option for caster and moderators to anonymously flag a chatter/viewer for tracking.

For example: allow a caster/moderator for which the stream has low restrictions on account creation to flag a chatter that has an account created in the last few days for better visibility, be it immediate or in the future.

Kinda like a flag for suspicious accounts manually set by the moderation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow Moderators to mark deleted text with flags (such as SPOILER for game spoilers, or TOS for issues which may require suspension/banning now/later)

Some broadcasters want to verify why people were moderated, and they don't want to risk reading deleted/purged chat messages only to come across a current game spoiler they were trying to avoid.

When moderators delete the text of a user, if they could later click on it in the message history and flag it with <SPOILER></SPOILER> or <TOS></TOS> it would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The Idea is being able to send a message through the use of the microphone without having to type on their PC or Phone keyboard. This will help any viewer who is cooking, driving, or doing anything to prevent them from being able to send a message in chat using their keyboard. Having a built in Virtual Assistant (VA) like Siri or something similar would be a brilliant implementation for Twitch. This idea is a bit more extreme, but it in the near future would expand the possibilities for Twitch. You can say something like, "Hey Siri (or whatever Twitch…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Observed Behaviour:
    Given chat is enabled,
    and given the browser window is less than 920 pixels wide,
    and given the browser window is more than 786 pixels high,
    when a user enables theatre mode,
    then chat is shown below the stream,
    and then there is no button to hide chat.

Expected Behaviour:
    Given there is enough space vertically (currently 170px in addition to the stream player),
    then there is a button to show/hide chat.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. There are times when I need to get my streamer's attention as a moderator but it's difficult to do when they're not looking at the chat. It would be great if mods could give some kind of sound notification, like a small "ding" or something the streamer chooses, so the streamer knows their attention is needed when they're able to look at chat.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be really nice to have a TwitchFridge badge for every artist that made it to the majestic and very white TwitchFridge so people will actually know that they are artists and it could be very usefull for small creators as me so actually other artist will recognise them and spread the community.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be cool to see all the older users who been here at the sites inception and before the rebrands.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?